Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 25 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s hope the topping up with pensioners is now finished. We aren’t a contender. Time to concentrate on bringing in quality youth.

had a strong hand at the 2020 draft as you're no doubt well aware - not sure we'll be in that position again for a while, most likely stuck in no man's land.

Zuthrie. Not up to it. A barometer for player unavailability. Rohan and Danger, this is partly on you.
O'Connor. Given a bath. Maybe tagging should be a sometimes thing and not an every week thing.
Narkle. Some nice things. 70/122 minutes but played a half yesterday so understandable.
Selwood. Our best mid. Says it all about the rest of them given he's on the wane. Still a good game from him.
Dahlhaus. Tackles but does very little else. Needs to go when players are available.
Stanley. Well beaten. Expected but at times was uncompetitive at times.
Smith. Came in as our least like recruit but looks a gem.
Clark. Fawned over as he's young and has speed but was average today.
Atkins. Slotted into his new role very well.

Went as expected. Undermanned and outplayed with their superior spread, speed and skills. Came back into it once the pressure dropped a little. Can't play the way the AFL wants until then. Not sure playing fast for a half will be enough to win games this season. It is what it is.

Kind of a puss like performance there.

The post Hawks lethargy was present as well.

Lots of players down.

Selwood, Stewart, Atkins, Blitz, Tomma did good.

The rest were kinda fugly today and just not really into it.

Lots of work to do but we all know that already.

GO Catters
Thought Hawkins was decent at best, kicking was iffy.

Really lucky to only be 4 goals.

Blicavs and Selwood with 7 tackles each. Kind of unbelievable with the conditions the way they were and us being second to it.

Stanley putrid, Dahlhaus putrid.

A bag blew across the ground in the third quarter and it offered more than Dahlhaus did.

ZGuthrie is an honest trier and was thrown under the bus a bit, but they probably not up to it.

That said, we'll be a much better team with Cameron in and Dangerfield back. Watching Hawkins up the field delivering to Cameron will be a delight.

We didn't have the pieces to win the game, pretty simply.

We'll be back. Richmond 2007, North 2021. Next week is going to be huge.

I seen that bag, my thoughts were bring Him on 🤣🤣

The weakest individual display By a player wearing the hoops since Justin Murphy or Mark Blake by Stanley today.

About what I expected. Thought they might give us a real shellacking actually so not to fussed. Undermanned, playing poorly, skills are very ordinary- dunno how we got so close.
Get a couple of people back, tweak the game, get going cats. Comon.
They would have if they kicked straight.

Really lucky to only be 4 goals.

Blicavs and Selwood with 7 tackles each. Kind of unbelievable with the conditions the way they were and us being second to it.

Stanley putrid, Dahlhaus putrid.

A bag blew across the ground in the third quarter and it offered more than Dahlhaus did.

ZGuthrie is an honest trier and was thrown under the bus a bit, but they probably not up to it.

That said, we'll be a much better team with Cameron in and Dangerfield back. Watching Hawkins up the field delivering to Cameron will be a delight.

We didn't have the pieces to win the game, pretty simply.

We'll be back.

Out: Dahlhaus; In: Bag.

I honestly didn't mind that loss. Our 22 is absolutely depleted and we gave it a decent shake. Got a good look at Close (who looks good) and some others that probably just aren't good enough.

Speaking of, surely Rhys Stanley is dropped next week? Luke Jackson and Blicavs both had more hitouts than him today. He was absolutely pathetic, didn't even compete! Give me Fort, Esava, Jenkins, De Koning, Peter Street, Spida Everett, literally anyone that will actually just have a crack.

Can't run. Here, have some Zuthrie. :roflv1:
I didn't mind the Zuth. Had his issues but was at least brave enough to take the game on.
Our defence these days just want to hold their spot by not doing anything special and not making mistakes.
Just defend poorly one on one and then get excused due to blaming the midfield.
Its a cushy gig down there.

Stanley's miss in the last quarter from straight in front in the last was a killer. Kicks that, we're back within 3 kicks with some sort of momentum. Talk about a momentum killer.
Yeah I agree how he missed that I don’t know , but it was just one of those games where things didn’t fall our way.

we have some good inclusion coming in and we should be able to set up the next month well with a good win next week.

im sure the melters will do their usual doom and gloom melts thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats_09

To continue on from the game time thread, I think / hope CS is asking searching questions and demanding answers from all his assistant coaches.

It's his responsibility to ensure those guys are presenting a product that performs to his satisfaction and criteria.

Today's questions should include asking why the guys weren't motivated today, and justifications for some of the selections.

He is the senior coach. They answer to him. He should be throwing some weight around.

We were really inefficient I50 and got smashed around the ball. You'd think the inclusions over the next week or so will do something to address both issues. I thought we actually moved it with a bit more aggression this week, but the final kick inside 50 remains a serious problem. Good to see the things that stood out about Close last year - his strength overhead, the speed of his hands in close - weren't just flashes in the pan. He absolutely needs to hold his spot ahead of every other young player and Dahlhaus.

Melb is a team in form and playing well.

Geelong is a team out of form with a plethora of its best players out for various reasons.

I expected us to lose today.

The side has a lot of work to do if it wants to make finals. I think Top 4 is out at the very least.

cats_09

To continue on from the game time thread, I think / hope CS is asking searching questions and demanding answers from all his assistant coaches.

It's his responsibility to ensure those guys are presenting a product that performs to his satisfaction and criteria.

Today's questions should include asking why the guys weren't motivated today, and justifications for some of the selections.

He is the senior coach. They answer to him. He should be throwing some weight around.

how is the presser?

We really should be 0-4.

Our 2 wins were paper over the cracks and today, Melbourne tore those papers down fairly easily.

Surely you cannot disagree, and if you do....... You are part of the problem.
I agree, but that’s an interesting way to wrap up and opinion piece. ‘You must agree and you’re the issue.’ I like your confidence

Its a cushy gig down there.
You're not wrong. Unless your name is T. Stewart, it's a prerequisite to be suspect 1on1 and/or a poor kick of the ball if you want a gig in the Geelong backline. Henderson looks ancient but he's still pulling his weight at least.

To many quality players out, let's be honest 2-2 is a *ing great result we should be 1-3 and not far away from a hawthorn disaster.

Dalhaus needs a run in the 2's.

Be a much better team with danger, Cameron, Rohan, parfitt, Sav, Higgins in the mix.

The leg speed seems to be a real issue though even with everyone available. Across the whole ground not just midfield feels like one pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back