Toast You wish you were Lachie Jones

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I said a little while back that Lachie has a bit of Greg Phillips about him. Not quite as big and as huge a marking presence, but still physically big and mature, plays like he belongs out there, is so composed and is surprisingly quick for his size. Where Greg was key position big, Lachie is sports car fast.

He seems so unflappable. In the sanfl last year, he just took on whatever role he was given and went about it. No fuss, no bother. High flying marks, big tackles, bursting runs, all done as if they were just there to be done, why are you all so excited?

In the AFL he is no different, even with his guernsey presentation.
Amazing to hear him say he wasn't happy with the way he bee lined the ball the first few contests.

Imagine what hell be doing when he is happy!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I said a little while back that Lachie has a bit of Greg Phillips about him. Not quite as big and as huge a marking presence, but still physically big and mature, plays like he belongs out there, is so composed and is surprisingly quick for his size. Where Greg was key position big, Lachie is sports car fast.

He seems so unflappable. In the sanfl last year, he just took on whatever role he was given and went about it. No fuss, no bother. High flying marks, big tackles, bursting runs, all done as if they were just there to be done, why are you all so excited?

In the AFL he is no different, even with his guernsey presentation.
Totally chilled & unfazed in his post-match interview too ... The guy is a legend after ONE game!!!

and a player straight out of the past. He runs in straight lines and if you're in his way, bad luck! Hard, tough, Port Adelaide .... beautiful hey?

There was a contest I liked on members wing. He was approaching a disputed ball, his first instinct is to accelerate into the contest - its a great sign.

Totally chilled & unfazed in his post-match interview too ... The guy is a legend after ONE game!!!

Judging by the crowd reaction on his first touch he had at least cult status before he even walked on the Oval!

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1618024774270.png

At the internal trial, think it was that game, if not, it was the crows trial at Alberton, quiet a few on here said he looked slow, not up to AFL pace, probably wont get games early.

I wasn't worried. He was just finding his feet. Anyone who watched enough of him last year knew he had plenty of explosive speed and that he wouldn't take long to adjust to the pace of AFL.

bacharach

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At the internal trial, think it was that game, if not, it was the crows trial at Alberton, quiet a few on here said he looked slow, not up to AFL pace, probably wont get games early.

I wasn't worried. He was just finding his feet. Anyone who watched enough of him last year knew he had plenty of explosive speed and that he wouldn't take long to adjust to the pace of AFL.
I must admit, I thought he'd be a tad off the pace but he big stage seems to suit him. Another draft hit.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The crowd clapped and cheered when he came on for his first run and went nuts when he went near the ball the first few times. Then the standing ovation he got with that Lynch play. All for a first gamer.

His skills were a bit shaky at times but he looked right at home out there.
..... and the crowd in the southern end were singing happy birthday at the end of the game.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yep I was wrong.

Trying to think of who he reminds me of and am struggling with it.
Bomber Clifford is the closest I've got so far, was also thinking Eckermann.

Yep I was wrong.

Trying to think of who he reminds me of and am struggling with it.
Bomber Clifford is the closest I've got so far, was also thinking Eckermann.

adrian Settre had a filthy mullet

Back