Will North rise above 18th?

Remove this Banner Ad

None under the new system where the AFL hand them out according to the magic secret formula.
Responding to a question like Scott Morrison is for the foolish and stupid, why didn't you just say three but they were more than a decade ago.

Responding to a question like Scott Morrison is for the foolish and stupid, why didn't you just say three but they were more than a decade ago.

Because they were 3 we were rightly or wrongly entitled too under the rules at the time. North aren’t entitled to anything right now and this will only be your first truely shocking season.

Because they were 3 we were rightly or wrongly entitled too under the rules at the time. North aren’t entitled to anything right now and this will only be your first truely shocking season.
Last season wasn't shocking? We lost 14 of our 15 games, only scored 10 or more goals twice, missed the wooden spoon by percentage and even lost to Carlton. It doesn't get more shocking than that.

Last season wasn't shocking? We lost 14 of our 15 games, only scored 10 or more goals twice, missed the wooden spoon by percentage and even lost to Carlton. It doesn't get more shocking than that.

3 wins and 71% over 17 games isn’t rabble territory. You weren’t the worst side in the competition last year and you haven’t yet won the spoon this year. You already have plenty of good young kids who just need some time.

Why are we already screaming for PP’s? They should be reserved for sides who are truely terrible for 4/5/6 year stretches. Even then they still don’t actually work as intended.

We will play some good games this year and win the spoon, an outcome too complex for the half of the internet that need their own personal Caroline Wilson narrative for some reason. I particularly look forward to the 'well reasoned' posters that put forward that it's time for the AFL to make a tough call given their deep understanding of the commercial model and cultural levers surrounding the game.

Although, I'm surprised by the support in this thread. Thank you to the sympathetically minded.

Last edited:
North's list management has been atrocious. Many people highlighted serious concerns with their list profile and reliance on middle of the road foot soldiers but no, according to North fans nothing to see here. They are staring down the barrel of a long rebuild because of their own arrogance.

Also Phillip's over McDonald...wowee
Picking Phillips was fine in itself.

The problem is they didn't bother to replace Ben Brown at all.

They should have gone for Tom McDonald.

2020 leading goal kicker was Zurhaar with 18. Might be worse this year.

The fwd line is absolutely diabolical. They need to find some fwds capable of kicking 40+ goals.

The fwd line is absolutely diabolical. They need to find some fwds capable of kicking 40+ goals.
This is correct we should have had a cheap stop gap KPP ready

I guess the mid season draft is where we will address that in 7 rounds time, we’ve got 2 picks available atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will win a game or two, worse teams than NM have jagged a few wins in a long season.
Would not be surprised if Carlton lose to them.

tom mcdonald isn't capable of that though...

...and north have several KPF waiting in the wings, getting an average 29yo KPF is exactly what they don't need. if they were going to do that then they should've kept daw. your suggestion is the same silly list management that they've had the past 5 years and now they're properly rebuilding.

I would take it off them for a couple of years till they competitive again, and then give it back to them. They put all the hard yards into it.
But I am more bothered Essendon were not stripped of Anzac Day after been caught of the worst scandal in Australian Sporting History.

The Bombers have been historically s**t for years but no one wants to take Anzac Day from them

tom mcdonald isn't capable of that though...

...and north have several KPF waiting in the wings, getting an average 29yo KPF is exactly what they don't need. if they were going to do that then they should've kept daw. your suggestion is the same silly list management that they've had the past 5 years and now they're properly rebuilding.
Just as a stop gap to at least wrestle and bring the ball to ground.
Not saying he's the answer medium term.
But the fwd line is diabolical.
Needs drastic action.

Kade Simpson as designated distributor off HB...have they got a list spot for the midyear draft?

They will smash Hawthorn and finish the season 17th
No chance.

Your team still clearly plays for Clarko so as soon as you run into a team not trying (like Saints pre WCE) you'll do them by 6 goals. Reckon you win at least 7 games. North will win a couple (please not us) and it could be you I suppose, but it won't bear near enough to get them off the bottom.

We have 3 but he said he wanted to be on a contending team so uh...

Edit: We also have more pressing needs: rucks, key forwards and crummy forwards
but but but...you have lots of crummy forwards!?

teehee

seriously though, I do still rate Kade as long as he wasn't doing calfs at the end for Carlton, and surely he would take a chance with any club.

Just had a look at their remaining fixtures and I've bolded their 4 best chances for a win this year (in my opinion). I think the clubs not highlighted would have to have a really off day for them to lose to North this year and even then it wouldn't be guaranteed those teams still couldn't win it.

Hawthorn was also a possibility but with the game in Launceston, I think this will be enough to get them (Hawks) over the line.

They love playing and beating Essendon (although haven't done it in 5 years) that I could see one of them being a possibility. Winning both games though? Probably unlikely.

The two Hobart games against GWS and Gold Coast will also provide a strong opportunity.

R5 - Geelong (GMHBA) (A)
R6 - Fremantle (Optus) (A)
R7 - Melbourne (Hobart) (H)
R8 - Collingwood (Marvel) (H)
R9 - Hawthorn (Launceston) (A)
R10 - Essendon (Marvel) (A)
R11 - St Kilda (Marvel) (A)
R13 - GWS (Hobart) (H)
R14 - Brisbane (Marvel) (H)
R15 - Gold Coast (Hobart) (H)
R16 - Western Bulldogs (Marvel) (A)
R17 - West Coast (Optus) (A)
R18 - Essendon (Marvel) (H)
R19 - Carlton (Marvel) (A)
R20 - Geelong (Hobart) (H)
R21 - Richmond (MCG) (A)
R22 - Sydney (Marvel) (H)
R23 - Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) (A)

Just had a look at their remaining fixtures and I've bolded their 4 best chances for a win this year (in my opinion). I think the clubs not highlighted would have to have a really off day for them to lose to North this year and even then it wouldn't be guaranteed those teams still couldn't win it.

Hawthorn was also a possibility but with the game in Launceston, I think this will be enough to get them (Hawks) over the line.

They love playing and beating Essendon (although haven't done it in 5 years) that I could see one of them being a possibility. Winning both games though? Probably unlikely.

The two Hobart games against GWS and Gold Coast will also provide a strong opportunity.

R5 - Geelong (GMHBA) (A)
R6 - Fremantle (Optus) (A)
R7 - Melbourne (Hobart) (H)
R8 - Collingwood (Marvel) (H)
R9 - Hawthorn (Launceston) (A)
R10 - Essendon (Marvel) (A)
R11 - St Kilda (Marvel) (A)
R13 - GWS (Hobart) (H)
R14 - Brisbane (Marvel) (H)
R15 - Gold Coast (Hobart) (H)
R16 - Western Bulldogs (Marvel) (A)
R17 - West Coast (Optus) (A)
R18 - Essendon (Marvel) (H)
R19 - Carlton (Marvel) (A)
R20 - Geelong (Hobart) (H)
R21 - Richmond (MCG) (A)
R22 - Sydney (Marvel) (H)
R23 - Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) (A)

Wasn't our last win against Essendon against the top-ups? And we nearly ****ed that up too. I dunno.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back