Autopsy Freo Down Hawks by 15 points.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Positives
Treacy and Sturt building nicely. Great to see them get through the game.
Fyfe was on best mode. His handballs after taking on 3 players made a massive difference today.
Darcy and Taberner were both good. 9 shots on goal between them.
Serong was good
Frederick was great.
Colyer kicking for goal was great.
No injuries

Negatives

Goal kicking. Just was not good enough.

Other
Walters has these games where he struggles. It hard, because other players would have got 3-4 free kicks when he got nothing. He wears his hear on his sleeve, so when he is struggling or frustrated it shows. People should take a chill pill on him.

Thoughts
Lack of A grade talent across our side. Fyfe is a gun, but I don't see any other players at that level.
If you compare Cerra, Brayshaw and Serong to Butters and Rozee, it is not a contest. Hopefully they can take another step up.

I don't see where 4 or 5 A graders are coming from that can push us towards a flag. I see lots of B Graders, but not many A graders.
You don’t see A-grade potential in Serong, Brayshaw, Cerra or Ryan???

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah the melters have been in good form this year.

I think a lot of it has been over the top. More teams have had stinkers than not this year. We haven't played great but have an ok percentage, have won two games and sit 9th. We need to play better to be where we want to be but I think the "We are sh*t" statements by some have been completely ridiculous.

But we are s**t.

Jul 20, 2018
Concerned about Walters, like someone said earlier, his cliff could be coming like SHill.

Adds zero defensively, gets nothing from the ump (boy crying wolf for so many years)... without that and losing his speedy first step, isn’t adding any value.

Needs to accept his role - and the bottom of the bigs feet, lose some kgs and start chasing.

Really disappointing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we just have to settle for a dual brownlow medalist midfielder who make opposition defences crap the bed when he is in the vicinity and the rest of the forward line benefits.

So sure. Let's see when opposition teams leave him loose to mark inside fifty because his set shots don't goal. I bet it's never.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Disagree that walters is no longer a threat. Still provides a lot of danger to the opposition. One of our few half decent set shots too.
need to find a way to get Sturt 15 disposals in the forward half. He will kick 3 or 4 then. He is very good at using his body to take contested 1v1 grabs on his chest in a standing position. On the lead he still has work to do.
Plus his tackles arent sticking like they should.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sturt should have had a least one shot from a lead but didn't get the obvious arm chop. He also looks a fair bit off full fitness.

Thoughts
Lack of A grade talent across our side. Fyfe is a gun, but I don't see any other players at that level.
If you compare Cerra, Brayshaw and Serong to Butters and Rozee, it is not a contest. Hopefully they can take another step up.

I don't see where 4 or 5 A graders are coming from that can push us towards a flag. I see lots of B Graders, but not many A graders.
Potential yes, but they still need to improve to get there.

It is hard to become a genuine A Grader.
You think that Rozee is currently an A-Grader? Dude is miles off it. His highlights look great but he is inconsistent and also injury seem to be getting a hold of him.

Even Butters isn't A Grade. He plays the odd A grade game but doesn't rack up 20+2 every week and gets to do it in a much better side. Andy (esp) and Cez do similar.

We also have plenty of A-Grade candidates. Some will step up and some wont.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra looked like he was on the outer today
Anyone else think the boys might be giving him the cold shoulder?
Definitely wouldn't say he puts his body on the line like most others ( not Acres 🙄)
I thought he was outstanding. I can’t recall him not putting his body on the line today or any other day.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now I'm going to put it out there and feel free to send out as many red thumbs as you like but I reckon the Freo crowd is a too quiet .
The mob behind the western goals had a voice but the rest of the ground, Meh !
Hawthorn were louder than us .
This may have a lot to do with the median age demographic pushing 70 .

Need to lift when we are down , not just cheer goals .

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Definitely wouldn't say he puts his body on the line like most others ( not Acres 🙄)
Wouldn't agree with this. Thought he played really well. Seems tight mates with Brayshaw and Serong too. He hasn’t signed because he’s (rightly) holding out to maximise the value of his contract. I think he will stay for another 2 years at least.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wouldn't agree with this. Thought he played really well. Seems tight mates with Brayshaw and Serong too. He hasn’t signed because he’s (rightly) holding out to maximise the value of his contract. I think he will stay for another 2 years at least.

By which point it should be obvious if we're in a premiership window or not. Nothing wrong with him holding out this year IMO. It's an admirable trait but you can't expect every footballer to stick with a faltering club for an indefinite period of time. Particularly in a non-native state.

In saying that, would love him and Darcy to sign on in the medium term to make Suma's head explode.

WAnchor

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Never There
AFL Club
Fremantle
Disagree on all levels, including that I thought Acres played one of his best games today, including moments of hardness.

Back