Preview Round 5, 2021: Hawthorn v Melbourne MCG 3.20pm Sun 18th April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the answer to Worpel is - would say keep playing him and hope he finds some form but he has actually bought it over from last season.
I think we saw it today.

He closed down Brayshaw and also had more tackles than any other Hawk mid.

I think we saw it today.

He closed down Brayshaw and also had more clearances and tackles than any other Hawk mid.

Exactly. Despite the turnovers the coaching panel will surely let him know that he did a great job shutting him down. It's a good way to build his confidence back up. And with Howe out he will surely stay in.

He didn't have one clearance, but agreed, it's the role for him at present. Will get Trac this week.
Yeah, what I would give for him and Tom to have another runner to give it to. Will make a huge difference to our group when he doesn’t have to try and deliver by foot from a contest.

Can Hawthorn borrow Pickett for this week? 😂
You had Cyril for 11 years, it’s someone else’s turn to have the most electric small forward in the comp 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Ceglar, Hartley, Worpel
In: Jeka, Greaves, Cousins

TOB safe due to being 2nd ruck

I think we saw it today.

He closed down Brayshaw and also had more tackles than any other Hawk mid.

At least he is being led to the ball - just needs to work on that disposal and acknowledge his no dusty with that fend. Totally lost his confidence and it’s sad to watch

Greaves is the most unluckiest player on the list. Finishes off the season last year strongly, then has 16 disposals against North Melbourne from playing only 45% game-time and still can’t get a game.

Should have been playing from round one.

I'm not sure what his contract status is, but I wonder if a WA based club will look to trade for him if we keep refusing to pick him.

Should have been playing from round one.

I'm not sure what his contract status is, but I wonder if a WA based club will look to trade for him if we keep refusing to pick him.

I just don’t get it - I thought he debuted well and yet many didn’t rate him

did better in his debut games than others I’ve seen still playing

You would have to say another rebuilding year after watching today's game, nothing wrong with that, but apart from his 400th Burgs needs to be the injury emergency every game to get there and then choose a game to play him. If you are rebuilding you don't want to be putting time into a 38 year old for the future.

It's a massive, massive problem Alistair has caused. Probably his most embarrassing while coaching the club (except for Cegs growing up the road)

I'm happy to drop the likes of Worpel et al but I have a choice between them and Burgs I unfortunately have to play them, but I don't see how playing Burgs helps our future in future games given we gave Kosi he's Roughy/Buddy rest this week. He for example comes in b4 Burgs.

I love Burgs but he shouldn't get he's 400th like Sam Newman got his 300th. He's a better bloke for a start. And while I'm over Worpel based on this year and last he's what early 20's I'm playing him for my clubs future before Shaun.

Terrible position Alistair Clarkson has put the club in with this. Haven't seen a cringe moment like that til he got he's kids play musical instruments at our best and fairest.
I think it would be a tragedy if Burgs got to 400 as the injury sub. Would always be looked back at that he didn't really play 400.

Ceglar out for Greaves (I know Gawn/Jackson, but a part timer will give us the same output as Ceglar anyway, so I'd rather another mid in to help us hurt them with spread)
TOB out for Jeka (its surely about time to at least give him a chance)
Howe out for Downie/Burgoyne

Brockman stays. He's doing enough, he's the future. Just needs 22 games experience.

If Ceglar is picked next week then my faith in the club is at an all time low. Stuff playing him as a second ruck, literally anyone could do more then what he does.

Chop McEvoy out with TOB, Hartley, Lewis or even Shiels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back