Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say injuries were all JLos fault. And I never said we'd be top of the ladder with a different coach. I have been very consistent in saying that the list is not up to scratch and that it doesn't matter who is coaching us we won't get a flag with this list.

I said it's predictable as clockwork because small-minded people think that the coach can completely transform a group of spuds and it was only a matter of time until that was proven incorrect and the fans that loved JLO just because he was JLo would turn on him.

edit - how many people do you see HATING on Ross? The only coach to give us even a sniff of success. and they HATE him. You think JLos kick after the siren will last forever?
Ross the boss didn't just destroyed the soul of some players but supporters to, personally I couldn't wait to wave him goodbye.
Freo's number one problem from day 1 has been the draft, go and have a look at how many WA boys were over looked that made it big time at other clubs.
Simon Black, considered to slow..... add to the list here >>>

The small crowds we get are ******* annoying, we have a beautiful stadium which we're barely filling to just over half capacity, I know it's because we've been so ******* mediocre but come on, I'd go to games just because of the stadium, and I have done, went to a couple of neutral and West Coast games last year just for the atmosphere in the stadium. We have no excuses not to be getting at least 45,000 every home game.

The small crowds we get are ******* annoying, we have a beautiful stadium which we're barely filling to just over half capacity, I know it's because we've been so ******* mediocre but come on, I'd go to games just because of the stadium, and I have done, went to a couple of neutral and West Coast games last year just for the atmosphere in the stadium. We have no excuses not to be getting at least 45,000 every home game.
1000% could only hear the hawks supporters on the telly. Bloody disgraceful effort.

1000% could only hear the hawks supporters on the telly. Bloody disgraceful effort.
You Probably Heard the one sitting at one of those metal bar tables near me. The seats are in the family section, but they made it feel like my seats at Subi. They were carrying on for the whole last 3 quarters. Whenever I would start the "Freeeeeeooooooo" They would scream and whistle. I have no doubt the players kicking on goal could hear it. After the game they got approached by the stadium supervisors. (They deserved it for being so feral in the family section)

Agree 100%
What was the attendance do you know ?
I had a whinge yesterday about the lack of cheering at the game when I got home last night
Have been thinking about it today and your post about crowd numbers added to it .

As Way To Go put it in another post ( I know it was in jest but there's truth behind it ) , majority of long term Freo supporters do feel partially dead inside from so many years of let downs .

Feels like the club have lost our trust and they need to win it back .( I'm sure they are trying )

Maybe then we'll see good numbers and supporters will be confident enough to cheer without the fear of failure looming over them .

Agree 100%
What was the attendance do you know ?
I had a whinge yesterday about the lack of cheering at the game when I got home last night
Have been thinking about it today and your post about crowd numbers added to it .

As Way To Go put it in another post ( I know it was in jest but there's truth behind it ) , majority of long term Freo supporters do feel partially dead inside from so many years of let downs .

Feels like the club have lost our trust and they need to win it back .( I'm sure they are trying )

Maybe then we'll see good numbers and supporters will be confident enough to cheer without the fear of failure looming over them .
When games like that are put to bed by half time, and the margin is 40 points...they'll win my trust back.

I think there should be a new term for ‘supporters’ who only come on BF when we lose. Cannot believe they want us to fail to prove a point. 🙄

They are not supporters! fu** that pisses me off!!!
Yes it's a bit of a piss take to be honest, sure give the team all the s**t it deserves when we're not showing up but at least turn up when we're winning too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it's a bit of a piss take to be honest, sure give the team all the sh*t it deserves when we're not showing up but at least turn up when we're winning too.
Gloat all you like about beating a bottom 8 team at home. Some of us see a slightly bigger picture. It wasn't even a good win, we completely let them back in and our shots on goal were laughable.

I'm interested in finals and I make no apologies for that. Wake me up when we get there.

Gloat all you like about beating a bottom 8 team at home. Some of us see a slightly bigger picture. It wasn't even a good win, we completely let them back in and our shots on goal were laughable.

I'm interested in finals and I make no apologies for that. Wake me up when we get there.
Yes but our young team came back and absorbed the pressure, going on to win and it was against Hawthorn.
And why would we wake you up when you always see the negative and only come to criticize (mostly after a loss). If we won a flag you would probably say we didn't deserve it and we have a c grade list.

Yes but our young team came back and absorbed the pressure, going on to win and it was against Hawthorn.
And why would we wake you up when you always see the negative and only come to criticize (mostly after a loss). If we won a flag you would probably say we didn't deserve it and we have a c grade list.
You are allowed to enjoy what you want same as I am.

If you particularly enjoyed that win good for you. I don't think it was a great sign. I think after 4 rounds the ladder is starting to shape up, our 2 wins come from the bottom 4 teams while at home and our 2 losses from the top 8 teams away. I don't think we will beat Adelaide and I don't think we will get into the 8 this year.

If we beat Adelaide this week, I will be pleasantly surprised and I will regain some hope that we make the 8 this year. But if we lose, I'm not blindly optimistic enough to think we will make it. You will see less and less of me until next pre-season if I can be bothered (although I admit I do enjoy that it gets so many of you worked up).

Actually agree the win against Hawthorn wasn't overly impressive. They're exactly where I expected them to finish this year tbh. Only North has a worse list imo. They did show some fight though and are a slightly better side than I expected.

Still we got the four points. Got to be better this week.

Actually agree the win against Hawthorn wasn't overly impressive. They're exactly where I expected them to finish this year tbh. Only North has a worse list imo. They did show some fight though and are a slightly better side than I expected.

Still we got the four points. Got to be better this week.
Hawks played 4 quarters and the only reason it wasn't 8 goals was goal kicking. That's obviously a problem, but it makes the balance of play look closer than it really was.

Hawks played 4 quarters and the only reason it wasn't 8 goals was goal kicking. That's obviously a problem, but it makes the balance of play look closer than it really was.

I thought our spread from the contest, particularly in the second and third quarters, was a tad concerning tbh.

Wasn’t just goal kicking that kept Hawthorn in it.

If you particularly enjoyed that win good for you. I don't think it was a great sign. I think after 4 rounds the ladder is starting to shape up, our 2 wins come from the bottom 4 teams while at home and our 2 losses from the top 8 teams away. I don't think we will beat Adelaide and I don't think we will get into the 8 this year.

If we beat Adelaide this week, I will be pleasantly surprised and I will regain some hope that we make the 8 this year. But if we lose, I'm not blindly optimistic enough to think we will make it. You will see less and less of me until next pre-season if I can be bothered (although I admit I do enjoy that it gets so many of you worked up).
Believe me, people give far less of a s**t about you than you think.

You'd be fun at parties!

I thought our spread from the contest, particularly in the second and third quarters, was a tad concerning tbh.

Wasn’t just goal kicking that kept Hawthorn in it.

It was concerning, and felt like we were on route to an epic Freo choke. But our younger players lifted, changed the momentum and got the job done. Arguably a better win than cruising home after dominating 1 quarter and breaking even over the next three.

71a136bfd98c90fdfabb3481622aaed2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back