Opinion Port member revenue

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port live close to the edge financially. If we want to be a big club of the AFL that is successful and exhibits the SANFL level success of the Magpies, then we need to get financially sustainable.

People ridiculed North for having a ‘cheese’ sponsor, but they are the only one doing that.

We are all fighting for the same pie. It’s sponsors, pokies and members.

So why not try and break the mould? That’s what we were doing with China. It’s what Collingwood did by buying a netball club, what the crows did by buying into E sports, Hawks by creating their box hill development. The huge clubs of European soccer or the NBA have bought into investment funds, Man U were running their own credit cards and home loans.

Maybe a member owned renewable plant (like the one at Daylesford or Colac) is stupid. Or maybe it can give the club an avenue to cheap electricity, water and an alternative energy scheme. Makes us look good for all the lefties too. I’m sure a government would come at such an idea.

I’m intrigued as to why the club isn’t keen on such alternative streams?

Why is the club so closed minded on these ventures, usually Port are the innovators.

David+Koch+has+a+new+contract+with+Sunrise

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Port live close to the edge financially. If we want to be a big club of the AFL that is successful and exhibits the SANFL level success of the Magpies, then we need to get financially sustainable.

People ridiculed North for having a ‘cheese’ sponsor, but they are the only one doing that.

We are all fighting for the same pie. It’s sponsors, pokies and members.

So why not try and break the mould? That’s what we were doing with China. It’s what Collingwood did by buying a netball club, what the crows did by buying into E sports, Hawks by creating their box hill development. The huge clubs of European soccer or the NBA have bought into investment funds, Man U were running their own credit cards and home loans.

Maybe a member owned renewable plant (like the one at Daylesford or Colac) is stupid. Or maybe it can give the club an avenue to cheap electricity, water and an alternative energy scheme. Makes us look good for all the lefties too. I’m sure a government would come at such an idea.

I’m intrigued as to why the club isn’t keen on such alternative streams?
I reckon a cheese sponsor sounds ok.
Just don't let it be Coon - they're a racist company.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Careful what you wish for re sure fire investments and get rich quick schemes , remember this?

Tim Johnston, the brains behind Firepower was never prosecuted and lives in London on the proceeds. Maybe he is one of those in the queue to return to OZ?

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Careful what you wish for re sure fire investments and get rich quick schemes , remember this?

Tim Johnston, the brains behind Firepower was never prosecuted and lives in London on the proceeds. Maybe he is one of those in the queue to return to OZ?

I see what you’re saying, Port needs to create a pyramid scheme to suck millions out of ex AFL stars.

Back