Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2021 - Kingy and Benny are back for KROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Boys.

It feels like flogging a dead horse at this point, but; Geelong's ruck situation. When the coaches insist on putting Blicavs in the ruck, with Hawk taking the forward ruck contests, where does this leave Stanley?
He had a poor game this week, but if he isn't marking the ball around the ground and playing a link up role, what's the point? The gap between his best and worst is too big, and the consistency just isn't there. I feel like when Blicavs takes the ruck that Stanley is a bit of a liability.

Cheers boys

Last edited:
Can we get a package deal with the geelong membership .... 11 home games and a pack of no dose?

Do you expect Chris Scott to change ..or do you expect the game to slip back to his version of Mogadon Football

I am not sold on the new stand-on-the-mark rules despite all and sundry singing its praises. It seems to discourage contested football and encourage shorter kicks, which leads to a basketball / netball-like game. I am not sure this was the intended purpose of the rule. It definitely doesn’t suit the cats slow controlled football. What are your thoughts?

Thank you so much Kingy, really appreciate the info re: Sav that you posted on our injury board!

Now I know it's a lot to ask, but given the likely number of people who are probably digging their claws into their armrests over the Cameron situation (I'm definitely one of them), any way you could find out what exactly is happening there, if he has re-tweaked his hammy, and how long it is until we see him?

Any info you and/or Benny could provide would be great moving forward, as we're all completely in the dark here - as are most supporters too I reckon.

Cheers again mate, and thanks for all you guys do :)

Hi all,

Podcast recording on Thursday afternoon. Feel free to fire questions, comments and criticisms by 2:30pm.

Cheers

Kingy
Hi guys,

Not a great outing by any stretch.

SDK has been working around wing/ruck in a kind of Blicavs development role. Stanley looks like he never got over the calf injury. Any chance SDK comes in for a debut and he can rotate with Blitz?

Danger, Rohan, Parfitt back against the Roos and a playing group that will want a solid rebound. How bad a injury would you fake if you were a shinboner?

Hi all,

Podcast recording on Thursday afternoon. Feel free to fire questions, comments and criticisms by 2:30pm.

Cheers

Kingy

Why did it take so long for brad close to get back in? He’s got clean hands and is a natural footballer. Is there a chance by the end of the season we might pick a 22 entirely made up of defenders? Odd choice having Narkle as an emergency having playing vfl but glad he got a run. We were clearly out pointed by Melbourne. Be nice for the coach to drop a ‘regular’ but most likely young blokes will miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey Boys

Nathan Kreuger.... Do you ever think we will see "Freddie" Play for Geelong? Or will he be another Joel Hamiling?
What do you think of the idea of trying to convert him into a defender? As we already play 12 of them on game day... :seenoevil:
I can remember Troy Selwood was interviewed and they asked him " who is one player your looking forward to see play AFL? " and Kreuger was the player was named.
I'm just not sure why he hasn't been given a chance to play in the pass 2 weeks, as playing him forward would of free up Hawkins from being double tagged as we need to play 2 Key Forwards
Cheers FoxDog50

Last edited:
Why did it take so long for brad close to get back in? He’s got clean hands and is a natural footballer. Is there a chance by the end of the season we might pick a 22 entirely made up of defenders? Odd choice having Narkle as an emergency having playing vfl but glad he got a run. We were clearly out pointed by Melbourne. Be nice for the coach to drop a ‘regular’ but most likely young blokes will miss out.

Close has been injured and only played 2 vfl practice matches and came in

Gday boys.
Is this it? Is this the cliff edge? It’s been predicted every bloody year for the last decade, is this the year we fall off the cliff? Suppose if you throw enough darts eventually one will hit the bullseye!
After watching Sunday and expecting a loss, this felt like a little bit more than just a loss, it felt like the changing of the guard. We look like a shadow of our former self and I’m afraid this feels like the train has departed and we’re stuck on the platform.
Mr Scott’s remarks last week about not having a great job have made me start thinking this attitude could infiltrate into whole football department. It may have been a fleeting comment but if he seriously is thinking it’s not a good job, it’s time to give it away.
There hasn’t been a management issue like this for a long time at the club but I’m hoping carefully consideration has been made with the new president and will continue being made with regards the employment of a new CEO and a possible senior coach. Interesting time ahead.

Gentlemen

The Cats have started 2-2 the last two seasons. Last year, Geelong were able to recover and reach the top 4. The club's prospects seem shakier this year: perilously close to a 0-4 start, inconsistent and the sluggish ball movement is a major worry.

My question is do you think a top 4 home-and-away finish is still a reasonable prospect?

P.S. Did it take Ben long to get nude after Hideki Matsuyama's win in the US Masters on Monday morning?

Gents..

1 - I highly recommend never leaving Heidi Klum for anything... especially the tripe we served up on the weekend.
2 - Has Benny been found? Is he ok and has the celebrations akin to the Hangover Parts 1, 2 and 3 abated? Massive win for the Cass household.

To the game -
Selwood is an out and out champion. To lead from the front as he did, trying to drag the team over the line was outstanding. The toll it takes must b epic on him. Cooper Stevens can't come soon enough - but we are lacking developing mids behind him. Selwood is not replaceable - but who do you see as the next MF coming thru? I think the cupboard is a little bare especially as Chook is on the outer... like Pluto style outer.

This week's Kerr's Hire Bonus Question:
To the future - Once Cookie leaves - whom or what type of person do we want/need in that role going forward? Should it be a GFC based footy person, someone outside the club but with footy acumen, or a rank outsider with a savvy business record but no footy ties?

And whom is the KROCK played for both guest this week... Leigh Tudor, Robert Scott, Leigh Colbert, Cam Mooney, Josh Walker, or Brad Scholl

GO Catters

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys,
I will start by saying its early in the season and the Cats can definitely turn it around and play some great footy...........however.
Bruise free football for the first two and a half quarters.
Poor body language.
Not playing for each other.
Low energy and intensity.
(Speaking about intensity can someone tell Menengola he is on a football field, not eating an ice cream down at the beach)
With Chris Scott in his 11th year as head coach has the message started to fall on deaf ears?
Thanks.

Just one question and one statement this week from me.

Apparently after the game Krock were quite critical of how the Kangaroos played last weekend trying to nullify Geelong from scoring, I was wondering if you could eleborate on that?

I cannot bloody wait to have a tall lead up forward who can take a mark above his head, I was so frustrated with the amount of times we went to 1v1s and kicked the ball in the air to Dal and Miers.
Whether it’s Tom or JC I don’t really care, I just want that target.

Hey Boys

This is more of a rant but also a questions also..

The Match Committee. I honestly don't understand how they can keep picking 2 players who there form is terrible and doesn't make them look good in picking them.
Luke Dahlhaus.... How can you seriously keep picking him to play, where his form, he wouldn't get picked in a local footy comp.. Surely a guy like Narkle who could easily play Dahlhaus position.

Rhys Stanley... his job is to ruck, 8 hit outs for the number 1 ruckman. Do I have to say anymore! So let's play Darcy Fort, who has played good in the 3 practice games and 1 VFL game that his played in! But than Chris Scott said " his had a injury interrupted Pre season so he needs to find some game time, and get Match Fitness".
So why didn't we do the same to Luke Dahlhaus :shrug: :think:.

And last of all Sam De Koning... im very happy for the young fella for getting his first game. But why wouldn't you play him in his natural position in the Defence? Was All Australian in his draft year, so instead of trying to play him in make shift role as forward/ruck, play him in his best position...

I hope I havnt wasted your time in posting this, I just need to get that of my chest, as when I talk to my wife about this, she just looks at me silly.
Cheers FoxDog50

g'day Lads,

Is it just me or does Luke Dalhaus look like he should be playing for Leopold in the GFL instead of Geelong

How on Gary Ablett's (God's) Green earth does he continue to get a game - as a small forward he has laid a total of 15 tackles in 5 Games and averages 11 possessions in those games.........Bloody Hell Benny would lay more than 3 tackles a week on his horses.

i'm not putting up with that Crap about missing pre-season. If you miss a chunk of pre-season you should be starting in the VFL Unless you are an absolute A-Grader ( Danger, Joel, Jezza or Hawk) which Dalhaus will never be at the GFC.

Can we please have players playing in there correct positions this week because if we don't West Coast are going to make us look like a Rabble and do not under any circumstances bomb the ball into the forward line

In Cameron O'Connor Clark Narkle

Out: Dalhaus Atkins SDK

Sub: Narkle.

This shall be known as the Sav Rat dilemma.
Had a good quality hit out in the VFL first game back

however.. where does he fit in the 22?

Can he play as a #2 ruck and a 3rd tall forward? Or does that leave us too top heavy? Can he hold the #1 ruck spot at 197cms and play 80% gane time there?

Going along with the indigestible game style of last week.. the other unpalatable mess over the weekend was what In the wild world of sports is going On with Wellsy?

Melt the bronze now for his statue next to Cookie and Frank in legend row out front of KP.

I get nothing lasts forever.. but this would be a massive blow if he left.
Go Catters

Boys,
Geelong look disjointed and cant get any flow in their game. So my question is how much time do they spend at training in individual groups (backs, mids, forwards) as opposed to a whole team?
In the 90s Blighty tried to implement a more defensive game plan after one of the losing grand finals, the players didnt like it and held a meeting with him which resulted in going back to playing attacking footy. To me something looks wrong with the group (no spark) do you think its possible they look around and see a more open game this year but have to continue with a dower scrappy style resulting in a team not enjoying their football.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey Kingy and Cas,

Does the current group we have seem to have a feel of the the early to mid 90’s teams? Full of talented champions but not possessing the true essence of a Team.

Also is the midfield/forward connection our biggest issue right now?

Cheers

Do you think opposition teams have worked out that the best way to beat the cats is to flood, flood, flood, and then break away with speed when the cats make a mistake?

If Geelong persist with the slow, controlled approach, then we need to find a better way to combat the flood. Any suggestions on how to score in a flooded forward line?

Felt like we might have slowly turned a corner v north, or at least approached the turn.
. At least the quicker ball movement was attempted. Kick straighter and it’s a big win. The kicking inside 50 was about as good as the vaccine rollout. Still not sure why Atkins is being picked ahead of Clark. It’s like the selectors are proving a point that they got another player from nowhere.
Big sav showed some good signs in the
Vfl. Still think we are too tall in defence and Henderson is the 1 to drop out.

Benny and Kingy, we have a 5 round sample size of players form.
Assuming every player is fit, pick your starting 22. Tell us who plays 2nd ruck and whether we player a tagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back