Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Dylan Moore. Extends to 2026!

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Never going to lay more tackles, not quick enough - if he can continue to link up and kick goals when required then I'll be happy. I'd like to see him thrown into a few more stoppages too because it's a genuine strength of his.

Sick of hearing about his so called "lack of speed" I'll say it again, he is not lighting quick but he aint slow either, he is in the middle in terms of raw speed. He has an elite football brain, knows where the goals are, is a great contested mark for his size and his repeat efforts are elite. Whu so may are obsessed with his speed boggles my mind...

Sick of hearing about his so called "lack of speed" I'll say it again, he is not lighting quick but he aint slow either, he is in the middle in terms of raw speed. He has an elite football brain, knows where the goals are, is a great contested mark for his size and his repeat efforts are elite. Whu so may are obsessed with his speed boggles my mind...

I'm not obsessed with his speed, I'm just saying he's not going to be running anyone down or laying the 'small forward' style tackles liked Cyril or Poppy did regularly.

Actually - I misspeak, it's his acceleration and not his speed which is genuinely average particularly for a size where acceleration should be an advantage. It's not a bad thing it just makes him a different player.

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
Has long periods of limited impact but is just a workhorse and finds a way to have an impact. Not short of courage or character.

Needs to keep working on his speed as don’t think is that effective defensively at this stage.

There is a spot for him in the 22. He's grabbing it. Should be back on the senior list soon if he keeps putting in this effort.

Isn't a small pressure forward, he's a high half forward, link player. Needs to use his smarts and gut running to get in the right spots.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I'm not obsessed with his speed, I'm just saying he's not going to be running anyone down or laying the 'small forward' style tackles liked Cyril or Poppy did regularly.

Actually - I misspeak, it's his acceleration and not his speed which is genuinely average particularly for a size where acceleration should be an advantage. It's not a bad thing it just makes him a different player.

He is not in that role though. He is playing high half forward and his job is o sue his elite endurance to drag his defender up the field where he can help provide a link out of defence and then get back up forward and providing an option to get a goal or goal assist, in the process, blowing up his defender. I think he is developing nicely into that role. His courage on Sunday was also very very impressive.

He is not in that role though. He is playing high half forward and his job is o sue his elite endurance to drag his defender up the field where he can help provide a link out of defence and then get back up forward and providing an option to get a goal or goal assist, in the process, blowing up his defender. I think he is developing nicely into that role. His courage on Sunday was also very very impressive.

I know, I agree. I was initially replying to someone saying he needs to tackle more.

There is a spot for him in the 22. He's grabbing it. Should be back on the senior list soon if he keeps putting in this effort.

Isn't a small pressure forward, he's a high half forward, link player. Needs to use his smarts and gut running to get in the right spots.

Get him out of 36

Moore has already kicked 7 goals - 4 behinds from just four games. He is averaging 2.75 scoring shots per game. At this rate he’s looking at a 20-30 goal season which would be a great return from a player who was on the cusp of being delisted!

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reckon that big mark came as a surprise to everyone who didn’t watch that 2018 box hill prelim where he took 5 or 6 superb contested marks inside 50. He has a real gift in the air. His toughness has also been impressive this year. Already got most improved player sewn up.
CJ says hi, but your point is a good. Massive improvement this year

Reckon that big mark came as a surprise to everyone who didn’t watch that 2018 box hill prelim where he took 5 or 6 superb contested marks inside 50. He has a real gift in the air. His toughness has also been impressive this year. Already got most improved player sewn up.

CJ, Harry and Moore in that order I think.

Jiath might be a rival.

1618352489159.png

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jeez he's a well-spoken lad.
His video on reducing stigma around mental health was incredibly well structured and I think did a fantastic job in making the topic palatable for those who mightn't have the easiest time talking/listening to things surrounding mental health.
Was a big fan of him before, but he's risen way up in my books after this.

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jeez he's a well-spoken lad.
His video on reducing stigma around mental health was incredibly well structured and I think did a fantastic job in making the topic palatable for those who mightn't have the easiest time talking/listening to things surrounding mental health.
Was a big fan of him before, but he's risen way up in my books after this.

Thank you for sharing the video, that was great, and Moorey is a very impressive young man for sure.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd like to get some clarification on what people think so far: Is Dylan Moore slow?

I can't work it out. I would say he is slow. Some people agree with me, some people say he is pretty quick. (And if he is not slow, then he must pick and choose when to sprint because he can't catch anyone).

Back