Hawkins - How many

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?

Ben Long was suspended on the grounds of "potential to cause injury" and this hit sent May to hospital?

I don't see the logic that something that actually causes injury gets ignored.

Despite Hawkins having literally no control as he was the one being slung? Are we seriously discussing incidental impact, when he's not even the one tackling?

I can't figure out how many here are being serious, and how many are just taking the piss...tough to tell...

You can't suspend someone for an action that someone else does to you...it doesn't work it that way. This would be the equivalent of young Berry not being concussed by Daniel in the sling tackle...and then swinging his arm back in said tackle...and getting cited for it.

Anyone here who thinks Hawkins actually went out of his way to injure May with the same arm that he was trying to handball with while he was being slung, is either trolling, stupid, or legitimately probably believes in QAnon theories and a flat earth. The sling action from the tackle pulls Hawkins towards May, and Hawkins tries to get a handball off. As he's being slung, the arm handballing gets rotated towards May, and the force of the action pulls his elbow towards May's head - that's what happened.

There is no conspiracy here. He got tackled and slung, and his arm swung back and hit May - that's it. It's very unfortunate what happened, but if we're going to start suspending players for incidental contact that they have no control over, well we're basically saying that you can't tackle anymore, go for ground balls, take a speccy or spoil the ball.

I wonder how many would be sitting here asking for May's head if he spoiled the ball/got tackled by Hawkins, and unintentionally fractured Hawkins' eye socket. I bet you I could count them on one finger.

You might not like him, or Geelong for that matter - which is very clear whenever one of these ludicrous threads gets started - but you can't be just so obviously biased without recognizing said bias. Hawkins got punched in the head last week by Hartigan, and had very few defenders on here or on social media...despite the fact that it was way after he'd taken the mark, and it was a fair whack too. Many laughed and said he deserved it...wonder how many would have laughed had he done that to Hartigan instead?

Seriously people, we're not the benchmark anymore, so stop irrationally hating us over every little thing...it's just getting old now, lol.

P.S. this thread either belong in the bin, or on the Bay which the main board has basically become now anyway - which is entirely evident by the creation of this thread.

Last edited:
Why?

Ben Long was suspended on the grounds of "potential to cause injury" and this hit sent May to hospital?

I don't see the logic that something that actually causes injury gets ignored.
If Hawkins or anyone is suspended over an incident like this you may as well ban all physical contact in the game because with physical contact comes the risk of injury. Is that what we want?

It's Hawkins - there's a 95% chance he meant to hit him, he has form in this area.

But there is no way you can prove it so it should be Zero weeks.
No way can we allow the incompetent MRP to start trying to second guess which 'accidents' were accidentally on purpose or not.
Even though we kinda sorta already do...

It would be preposterous for this even to come up in discussion by the MRO.
I Dno, they had a chat about Zerk-Thatcher because Heeney broke his hand punching him in the head, stranger things have happened.

That said, nothing in it. May unfortunately pulled him off balance and collision ensued

First impression when i saw it was pure accident. No games to be missed if i was the judge. Some kind of fine if anything coz its the head. But coz its the head and concussion was mentioned,wont be surprised if a random number of weeks r given. Throw a dart. Play on i say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be very hard to convict him for that. If it was deliberate, it was the most skilful thing Hawkins has ever done.

He had control over his elbow movement, and he raised his elbow.

Are you actually seeing what you're writing? Do you actually believe that he should be cited for this, and it was his intent to elbow May WHILE he was trying to get a handball away?

Seriously, c'mon...I can't believe I have to do this:

1618206103983.png

1618206148920.png
1618206194289.png
1618206225761.png

************************************************************************************************

His elbow is bent because he's handballing. His elbow goes towards May's face, because May is pulling on his guernsey in the tackle - and he pulls Hawkins towards him. You can see the ball has been dislodged, and his elbow is already bent from the action of trying to get the handball away while being tackled, whilst being slung. The subsequent force of the sling ill-directs his elbow towards May.

That is a millisecond, frame by frame screen cap from the moment he uses his handball, to the moment of impact. It is clear as day that it was incidental, and that you and your ilk are just making your judgements without having even seen the incident properly.

If you think that he should be cited for that, then you're basically trying to prevent any accident that happens in the AFL - thereby ruling out tackling, spoiling, speccys, ruck contests, and attacking groundballs.

If someone spun you in a circle, I'd like to see what your arms do lol. Or do you suggest that players being tackled now have to fold their arms to protect the tackler - whilst the tackler gently lays them on the ground, so that all parties are protected?

F*ck me. It was an accident in a highly competitive sport, move on.

Last edited:
Are you actually seeing what you're writing? Do you actually believe that he should be cited for this, and it was his intent to elbow May WHILE he was trying to get a handball away?

Seriously, c'mon...I can't believe I have to do this:

View attachment 1100661

View attachment 1100662
View attachment 1100663
View attachment 1100666

************************************************************************************************

His elbow is bent because he's handballing. His elbow goes towards May's face, because May is pulling on his guernsey in the tackle - and he pulls Hawkins towards him. You can see the ball has been dislodged, and his elbow is already bent from the action of trying to get the handball away while being tackled, whilst being slung. The subsequent force of the sling ill-directs his elbow towards May.

That is a millisecond, frame by frame screen cap from the moment he uses his handball, to the moment of impact. It is clear as day that it was incidental, and that you and your ilk are just making your judgements without having even seen the incident properly.

If you think that he should be cited for that, then you're basically trying to prevent any accident that happens in the AFL - thereby ruling out tackling, spoiling, speccys, ruck contests, and attacking groundballs.

If someone spun you in a circle, I'd like to see what your arms do lol. Or do you suggest that players being tackled now have to fold their arms to protect the tackler - whilst the tackler gently lays them on the ground, so that all parties are protected?

F*ck me. It was an accident in a highly competitive sport, move on.
Like I already said earlier, if it was intentionally trying to hit May and disguise it, he's done it pretty successfully. There was no need to raise his elbow, but he did, and as a result, May is seriously injured.

Like I already said earlier, if it was intentionally trying to hit May and disguise it, he's done it pretty successfully. There was no need to raise his elbow, but he did, and as a result, May is seriously injured.
How do you handball the ball without raising your elbow you buffoon? :roflv1:

There was nothing intentional about it. You're just making up fairytales and concocting narratives to justify your own biased assessment - and you can't admit that you've got it wrong, so you have to backtrack and say 'if it was intentional, he made it look like it wasn't.

His elbow was raised from the action of handballing - there was a need, because it was part of that action...which is what happens when you raise your arm to handball. Go ahead sit there and mimic the action of handballing - watch what happens. Or are you actually suggesting he shouldn't have tried to dispose of the ball and instead just let May sling him to the ground so it's holding the ball?

I provided you frame by frame screencaps, and still you stick to your narrative...because that's what people like you do. 'Trust me not your lying eyes' comes to mind.

You seriously sound like a conspiracy theorist right now, it's pretty sad mate and I kind of feel sorry for you. Go have a lie down and stay away from QAnon and Antivaxxers...they really don't have all the answers.

There was nothing intentional about it.
You say that, but you don't really know his intention at all. You're just guessing with your own biased mindset, but naturally can't admit it.
You're just making up fairytales and concocting narratives to justify your own biased assessment - and you can't admit that you've got it wrong, so you have to backtrack and say 'if it was intentional, he made it look like it wasn't.

His elbow was raised from the action of handballing - there was a need, because it was part of that action...which is what happens when you raise your arm to handball. Go ahead sit there and mimic the action of handballing - watch what happens. Or are you actually suggesting he shouldn't have tried to dispose of the ball and instead just let May sling him to the ground so it's holding the ball?

You seriously sound like a conspiracy theorist right now, it's pretty sad mate. Go have a lie down.
I was never backtracking? That was my position from the start and still is.

The handball was completed, and he raised his elbow as he was swinging it back in recoil. There is every chance he intended to hurt May, especially with his rap sheet, and he did. Will he get away with it? Maybe, but he's still a thug.

You say that, but you don't really know his intention at all. You're just guessing with your own biased mindset, but naturally can't admit it.

I was never backtracking? That was my position from the start and still is.

The handball was completed, and he raised his elbow as he was swinging it back in recoil. There is every chance he intended to hurt May, especially with his rap sheet, and he did. Will he get away with it? Maybe, but he's still a thug.

Neither do you. I at least have evidence to support my hypothesis...you have a hunch. His elbow went towards May because May pulled Hawkins towards him.

I...I seriously cannot believe how dumb this whole thing is. 6 days on Bigfooty and this might already be one of the stupidest conversations I've had - congrats.

Enjoy your flat earth, and your 5G. Pathetic.

He had control over his elbow movement, and he raised his elbow.
LOL. New rule. If you are tackled and pulled off balance the tackled player must place his arms by his side and submit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back