Strategy Draft assistance 2023 [Twomey: NMFC get #19 in 2023, x2 end of 1st rd picks in 2024, and x2 extra rookie list spots in 2024; no Sanders/#11]

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What criteria would North meet that Freo doesn't?
I think the only thing the AFL would do for either club is give us each a look at the U19s who nominated for the draft last year but weren't picked up.

That might be enough too, you guys pick first and we will get the second best U19.

You won 7 games and finished 12th last year.

We've have finished even on points with the wooden spoon side 2 of the last 3 years and are odds on to win it this year.

We won 1 of our last 15 games last year, including the last 8 in a row.

It's quite possible we could go 1 in 30+ in 2020/2021.

Last edited:

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s what I thought too....but I think it’s just the ”Darwin Region”
I think as supporters we need to wake up the AFL and the football community hate us with a passion.
So if supporters think we are going to get draft assistance with a priority pick it’s not going to happen.
Supporters stop the talk of Kelly or anyone else coming to our club it’s not going to happen.
What will needs to happen is patience from our supporters and complete rebuild and as supporters we need to be the ones right behind it and lead from the front as I have so little faith in the board to lead us thru this it’s us the supporters that will have to do it.
So tomorrow it would be good to get more then 15k but will us we have the biggest bunch of fair whether supporters will only want to attend when they want.
So the true believers supporters need to get these fair whether supporters to change their mind sets and attend the games as the board won’t be able to do it so it’s up to the supporters to do it.
So let’s stick together as we haven’t got 3 White Knights to help us out we need to take a stand and do it ourselfs.
So let’s try and get 20k+ crowd tomorrow and build on that for the rest of the season as anything under 15k tomorrow will add more fuel to the fire with the Caroline Wilson’s and Mr Big Mouth Eddie McGuire-EFT ( Egotistical Footballing Terraoist ) to get rid of us a club

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think as supporters we need to wake up the AFL and the football community hate us with a passion.
So if supporters think we are going to get draft assistance with a priority pick it’s not going to happen.
Supporters stop the talk of Kelly or anyone else coming to our club it’s not going to happen.
What will needs to happen is patience from our supporters and complete rebuild and as supporters we need to be the ones right behind it and lead from the front as I have so little faith in the board to lead us thru this it’s us the supporters that will have to do it.
So tomorrow it would be good to get more then 15k but will us we have the biggest bunch of fair whether supporters will only want to attend when they want.
So the true believers supporters need to get these fair whether supporters to change their mind sets and attend the games as the board won’t be able to do it so it’s up to the supporters to do it.
So let’s stick together as we haven’t got 3 White Knights to help us out we need to take a stand and do it ourselfs.
So let’s try and get 20k+ crowd tomorrow and build on that for the rest of the season as anything under 15k tomorrow will add more fuel to the fire with the Caroline Wilson’s and Mr Big Mouth Eddie McGuire-EFT ( Egotistical Footballing Terraoist ) to get rid of us a club

The known knowns.

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is the policy on priority picks? I would have thought we were likely for some assistance if we win anything under 3 games again this year ?
The AFL have stated that there is a formula. They won't release said formula which makes you question whether it exists at all. I suspect they don't want to have a set of criteria because that opens up the tanking can of worms.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is the policy on priority picks? I would have thought we were likely for some assistance if we win anything under 3 games again this year ?

I think at worst they will give us the Gold Coast PP that they currently hold (Pick #19), as that's still reviewable at the end of this season. There's no way they can say that they still need that pick.

I think if we go winless or close to winless, there will be a big debate regarding Pick #2.

The AFL have stated that there is a formula. They won't release said formula which makes you question whether it exists at all. I suspect they don't want to have a set of criteria because that opens up the tanking can of worms.

More like they don’t want it ppe so they can manipulate the output to their own preferences. The AFL are the North Korea of sporting competitions when it comes to integrity.

What's P.P. history ? Who's had it and at which pick ?
GoDeez & Blews surely in there.

They don't matter.

The rules changed in 2012.

Since then only Brisbane and Gold Coast.

Back