Recommitted Ben McKay [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bump.

OOC This year and one of our most important signings because he is our only young key defender.

Had a really good game yesterday and I would only make him accountable for 2 of Walker's goals alongside taking 11 intercepts.

Can imagine at least the Dogs having a sniff at him, what worth does he have now that he is playing and up to AFL standard?

Other than being totally overwhelmed last week with the Bulldogs supply to Bruce, McKay has been building every week now since Rd 7, 2020.

He has played 20 games and is beginning to read the play better than his opponents, once he feels comfortable to attack more often look out.

North have a lot of cap space, don’t think he’s on the move unless Carlton are interested at big coin.

Looks to lack confidence and gets caught watching the man instead of attacking the ball far too often. He has the physical tools and ability to be a very good footballer imo

Other than being totally overwhelmed last week with the Bulldogs supply to Bruce, McKay has been building every week now since Rd 7, 2020.

He has played 20 games and is beginning to read the play better than his opponents, once he feels comfortable to attack more often look out.

North have a lot of cap space, don’t think he’s on the move unless Carlton are interested at big coin.
SOS, Scarlett, Dench and co would have been overwhelmed with the supply the dog forwards got.

Important signature - can take the Gorillas for the next 8 years. Will be good to watch him take on his brother late this year.

Looks to lack confidence and gets caught watching the man instead of attacking the ball far too often. He has the physical tools and ability to be a very good footballer imo
Showed a lot of aggression on the weekend. Hopefully he can back up his good performance.

Will win the Reverse Coleman this year and possibly North's B & F

And with Tarrant just about cooked will probably be Norths best defender and they cant afford to lose him

late 3rd rounder 'Maybe'

Hope Carlton are looking at Ben, we are in desperate need of a FB to replace Jones..

Reacquaint, him with Harry for the next 8-10 years. If North won't trade,
put a price on his head and send him to the draft, North use pick 1 or we will pick him up later..

Exactly what we would be doing with Harry.

Harry more likely to come to north than vice versa due to $$$. I reckon North can offer Harry double what Carlton would be able to at the moment.

He's a genuine gun stopper and will be our Full back for the best part of the next decade. We'd certainly not be looking to offload and any offer would need to be an overs. Nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what we would be doing with Harry.

Harry more likely to come to north than vice versa due to $$$. I reckon North can offer Harry double what Carlton would be able to at the moment.

Harry will get paid wherever he plays. After playing for a rabble for the best part of 5 years why would he move across to North now? He’d take much more pleasure in kicking 10 goals on Ben than losing by 10 goals with him.

He’s really cone on the past 18 months.

Absolutely

There are so many guys like that though who take a while to come on.

Player value just plummets after being drafted at a pretty quick rate unless they are performing well at AFL level.

The expectation bar is probably a little high relative to the drop in value for those early year players and there is definite value here I think for clubs smart enough and brave enough to make a play for these types prior to them establishing themselves in the AFL.

4 games in 4 years.

“2nd rounder or we keep him”
- guess you ll keep him then

“Was really young when he was drafted”
- absolute lol,Hes a fully grown man ffs , 4 years in, not a premature baby

“Unfairly compared to Harry “- well umm he is Harry’s twin who else did you think they d compare him too?

He’s norths new Aaron black ,talked up by all and sundry at north thus resulting in a high price placed on him at the trade table but will ultimately be delisted, if they continue to hang onto him.

hmm

I just want milk that tastes like real milk.

Oh and Ben stays with North for atleast one more contract, as horrible as the future looks now think they will turn it around pretty quickly in the next year or two.
Just need to find a pillar in the forward 50 either through the draft or one that plays for the jumper and not purely a pay check.

Just need to find a pillar in the forward 50 either through the draft or one that plays for the jumper and not purely a pay check.
They had one and they kicked him out because they didn’t want to match a contract offer

They had one and they kicked him out because they didn’t want to match a contract offer
So who offered him a contract that North did not match? North offered him big money and multiple years but he wanted longer and held out. Covid hit, his form dropped and he got injured. North took the contract off the table then told him he wasn't wanted. I believe the not wanting him was a mistake but the rest is spot on.

I mean, in his last season he managed 8 goals in 9 games for no real reason and then he ended with a knee injury that lingered past his first pre-season at the Demons. It's a pillar, but it's a flimsy one.

Hope Carlton are looking at Ben, we are in desperate need of a FB to replace Jones..

Reacquaint, him with Harry for the next 8-10 years. If North won't trade,
put a price on his head and send him to the draft, North use pick 1 or we will pick him up later..
I'm sure Ben playing for Carlton would hold more appeal than Harry playing for North, let's put it that way.

Honestly thought he was a spud but north have developed him well hopefully he stays

Dogs balls deep into him though could be hard to pass up being the potential missing piece in a contender

Remove this Banner Ad

Back