Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

He should genuinely be in AA calculations from his games so far, let's hope he can continue this rich run of form and grow as a player.
Equal third for intercept marks along side Lever, only behind Moore and Jones, averaging more meters per game and disposals than them as well

He should genuinely be in AA calculations from his games so far, let's hope he can continue this rich run of form and grow as a player.
Agree. The problem is that he is competing with the other intercepting rebounds types like Ridley (who also takes kick outs to pad his stats). They always pick a mid on a HBF and a third tall in one of the pockets. So there is really only two open backline sports for small medium defenders. He would be in the best handful of those league wide at the moment for sure! Let's hope the form continues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see what he could do if we had him starting his runs on the wing, rather than starting them on the back flank.

Defenders would get a bit twitchy if they saw CJ running towards the 70m mark, ball in hand, not knowing what he’s going to do next.

Not sure why we’ve not at least tried that.

Would love to see what he could do if we had him starting his runs on the wing, rather than starting them on the back flank.

Defenders would get a bit twitchy if they saw CJ running towards the 70m mark, ball in hand, not knowing what he’s going to do next.

I guess because he’s been our most consistent player this year in the position he’s in.

But I completely agree from a development point of view, I’d like to see him given wing and even midfield opportunities. He’s the polar opposite of the other players we run through that part of the ground and if he can continue his steep rate of improvement but play further afield, he could be a real star. He has unteachable attributes. I hope he is given some centre square and wing opportunities as the season progresses

Day, Downie and CJ on the outside

Sicily, Impey, DGB and Scrimmerz on the half backline
1619134601822.gif

This is what I've been saying, and I had CJ in my best 22 last year. I think he could play the role very well.

He has the athleticism to run back in defence, which would be massive as a winger. Maybe Clarko wants to keep teaching him as a defender and then eventually move in there.

Because he's an intercept marker and so good overhead.

But yeah, he has the tank, and when Sicily, Day and DGB all return, he may be forced up the ground.

How the hell would defenders know what to do next...CJ doesn't even know what he's gonna do next haha.

I want to see him in the centre square. No brainer for mine. Got amazing acceleration could be a freaking jet out of the middle. Very rangy too so has good ball collecting ability. Hitting a target is the challenge but got to try it.

I want to see him in the centre square. No brainer for mine. Got amazing acceleration could be a freaking jet out of the middle. Very rangy too so has good ball collecting ability. Hitting a target is the challenge but got to try it.
Even if he just gets it, runs 10 and dumps it long, with Lewis in the side it’s a different proposition now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back