ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
night games remind me of losing to Collingwood by 1 point or having to really battle v lower ranked sides.

Day games remind me of Warm days with JD and JK taking i50 marks and Gaff steaming through the centre in games where we are leading 64 to 19.
The three night games I attended in 2018/2019 were the Saints one where they kicked the last six goals, the GC one where we pissed away a seven goal lead, and the good friday downpour against Port Adelaide.

The day games I've attended have all been floggings.

Jupes

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
quickly and easily.
every gate has a QR scanner to scan your ticket (both paper and off of phone).

The QR code for the SafeWA app is scattered everywhere inside and outside the stadium.
think i should be able to handle that. where do i go to show i've checked in on safewa?

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
There is no worse home game slot than a sunday arvo game. Feel like this rolling fixture just gives them more excuse to drop us there.
Bad for viewers but good for the team. Ensure 7 day break at minimum from previous game. Our next block of fixtures are against crap teams, so it's unlikely we'll get any prime spots anyway.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Typically means a shorter break before flying for the next game though. I don't know about the club, but I'd prefer playing at home off a short break than playing away.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
There is no worse home game slot than a sunday arvo game. Feel like this rolling fixture just gives them more excuse to drop us there.
Agreed, it’s a shocker. Wait till the last game of the round to see your team play and then win or lose you’ve got the dawning reality after the game that it’s back to the weekly grind in about 12 hours time.

Get that it’s good for the players in terms of break between games but it’s definitely not the ideal slot for Perth fans but hey the world revolves around EST (read Victorian) tv scheduling doesn’t it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PintSzedSlasher

We Love It
Jul 10, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
Bad for viewers but good for the team. Ensure 7 day break at minimum from previous game. Our next block of fixtures are against crap teams, so it's unlikely we'll get any prime spots anyway.

Got mostly strong match up home games after the bye (apart from north), so hopefully don't see another home sunday game after that.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
The breaks are only an issue because we always start the season on a Sunday rather than those protected species that start on Thursday. That's 3 extra days to spread out into breaks over the pre-bye Rounds.

Plus Sunday games totally screw with managing medical subs, emergencies and the Beagles. Unused AFL players miss the opportunity to play WAFL the same weekend. Compare that to the VFL fixturing that is coordinated with those teams' AFL fixtures.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Plus Sunday games totally screw with managing medical subs, emergencies and the Beagles. Unused AFL players miss the opportunity to play WAFL the same weekend. Compare that to the VFL fixturing that is coordinated with those teams' AFL fixtures.

This is the really annoying part for me. For selfish and viewership reasons I dislike Sunday arvo games, although I admit our team usually plays well in them.

But for team and player management it stinks. Rarely will we get an opportunity like last week where our medical sub who was dropped from the side gets to go into the WAFL the next day, rack up over 25 touches and two goals, and position himself perfectly to come back into the team when there's a chance JK doesn't play.

When we are trying to develop youth we almost need to not reward these guys by bringing them into the sub/emergencies and instead prioritise more exposure and consistency in the WAFL, because we don't have the luxury of doing both in the one weekend.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Sunday home games are a no go for me personally but for the team it seems ok.

These days I prefer to be home anyway.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Both Essendon and us playing our Round 10 games on Sunday is setting us up for our traditional Thursday night game at Optus the week after and I don't like it.

No Thursday night games until R13:

Screenshot_20210422-120555.png

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
No Thursday night games until R13:

View attachment 1108752

Good - I hate Thursday night games. Cant sink piss because you have to work the next day, cant scream at the tv because the kids have to go to bed.

And while im at it - where the eff did the footy get to on a Sat/ Sun afternoon? If us or Freo arent playing on a particular day on the weekend we dont get to watch anything!

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Good - I hate Thursday night games. Cant sink piss because you have to work the next day, cant scream at the tv because the kids have to go to bed.

And while im at it - where the eff did the footy get to on a Sat/ Sun afternoon? If us or Freo arent playing on a particular day on the weekend we dont get to watch anything!
I sink piss on a Thursday. It's only one day to get through if you're hungover

Remove this Banner Ad

Back