Not open for further replies.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Charges Laid:
Ben Cunnington, North Melbourne, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Rory Laird, Adelaide Crows, during the second quarter of the Round Four match between North Melbourne and the Adelaide Crows, played at Marvel Stadium on Sunday April 11.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Medium Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea

Lol. Articles saying Geelong are in danger..
- No 2x AA, Coleman medalist star recruit Cameron first three rounds
- No 7x AA, Brownlow medalist Patrick Dangerfield first three rounds
- Geelong play Norf round 4

100+ point win. If Cameron doesn't return this week, he will the next. This game will give Geelong confidence and allow them to springboard from here on.
The "Geelong are done" click bait has been padding out sports journalists columns since the first term of Kevin Rudd.

That broken clock is probably due to be right in 24 months time

PzBlinky

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
The "Geelong are done" click bait has been padding out sports journalists columns since the first term of Kevin Rudd.

That broken clock is probably due to be right in 24 months time

To be fair, if Tim Lane were to pipe up again with the "days of domination are over", he'd probably be right (12 years later).

This is on the money. I'd actually prefer we were playing a West Coast/Port type team this weekend to test out our stronger team and get the season back on track. Against North we'll either be labelled 'flat track bullies' or it will be 'another underwhelming performance by Geelong'. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
We have west coast the week after. It'll be a good way to get the team gelling

Jeremy Cameron is aiming to return from his hamstring layoff this weekend, but will need to ramp up his training loads to convince the club’s medical staff.

Cameron was interviewed by Fox Sports News’ Drew Jones at GMHBA Stadium on Monday morning and confirmed his desire to play this weekend.

Although it appears unlikely he will turn out in the VFL on Saturday or the AFL on Sunday, the forward is planning to increase his running in the coming days.

“I would like to say I’m heading in the right direction,” Cameron said.

“There are probably 2-3 sessions I have to tick off before then. Whether we can cram them all into the one week lead up is another question.

“We will have to wait and see. It’s really positive at the moment and ticking along nicely.

When asked specifically what he needs to do to play, Cameron said it’s all about load.

“Some of the larger sessions,” he added.

“Time on legs. The stuff I’ve done in the lead up hasn’t been that large. The sessions have been based around how I’m feeling and taking it nice and slowly, which has been a good approach. That’s been important. Getting the bigger sessions under my belt is the key now.”

Cameron is looking forward to debuting for the Cats, whenever that is.

“I’ve been enjoying the forwards kicking lots of goals,” he said.

“It’s always tough watching. I hate watching.”

I thought our VFL match was on Sunday as a curtain raiser

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah, I was going to add I think they'll appeal.

When Heeney can strike blokes off the ball without any repercussion, this is ridiculous. Fair, late bump. Free kick, play on.
If Dangerfield’s was worth 3 weeks, that one was worth 1. You can’t bump-it’s simple. Not saying I necessarily agree but that’s where we are at. Don’t mind if he gets off on appeal.

Last edited:

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Yeah I know Rohan will probably play...and against low opposition will probably have a blinder and kick multiple goals, but is he really in the best 22?
I'm with you, Rohan to hot and cold for my liking.. Goes missing in the BIG games.
Id rather play Henry in his position. He may not be as quick and fast , but in the 2 games he played there, you know what your going to get.

Even stranger, ''high'' contact, no matter how many times I watched it buggered if I could see any high contact, unless they classify the shoulder as high.
Time for Christian to call it a day I reckon,
And Laird seems to be grabbing at his knee after contact, not grabbing at or rubbing his head

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
This is my hope of Ins/Outs but won't happen

Out - Stanley, Dahlhaus, Zuthrie, Kolo All omitted

In, Fort, Dangerfield, Parfitt , Kreuger( playing forward)/Jarvis/Jenkins

Give Jeremy Cameron another week to get his hammy rite

He will get off

Utter joke it is even cited. Complete and utter BS from Christian

Bloody hell, that's weak. If blokes are going to get rubbed out for stuff like that, we might as well start playing tag footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back