Preview Geelong vs North Melbourne - Sun April 18 @4:40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask why people think Kolodjashnij will be omitted for our next match? Numerous match reports, along with interviews with teammates list him amongst our best

I get that he's not necessarily everyone's favourite, but surely it's highly unlikely he's omitted after his efforts yesterday

Even the match review on our club website lists him in the best - thinking he's safe for at least another week or 2 or longer

BEST
Geelong: Selwood, Stewart, Kolodjashnij, Atkins, C.Guthrie

From the angle shown of the Cunnington bump on Laird, there doesn't look much in it, though this still image would suggest that the reverse angle could be good to get a look at

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I’m sure it’ll be a help to get some better players back. But the team is playing poorly. There needs to be a better structure and flow of our game. I think that would be helped by a second key forward.

Out: Guthrie, Dahlhaus, Narkle, a defender pick one Henry/kolo.
In: Cameron, Danger, Parfitt, Rohan

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Can I ask why people think Kolodjashnij will be omitted for our next match? Numerous match reports, along with interviews with teammates list him amongst our best

I get that he's not necessarily everyone's favourite, but surely it's highly unlikely he's omitted after his efforts yesterday

Even the match review on our club website lists him in the best - thinking he's safe for at least another week or 2 or longer

BEST
Geelong: Selwood, Stewart, Kolodjashnij, Atkins, C.Guthrie
I thought he was good and I liked Henry’s game against the hawks. But they can’t have so many taller defenders in the team. Along with Hendo, Blicavs and Stewart it’s too many tall defenders.

Yeah contact high, sure. But the impact has to be the lowest level surely
Maybe it's the Zac Williams "potential to cause injury" ruling that they're using

Ahhh like they famously used when Hawkins got king hit by that Hawks guy 😇
Surely not as bad though we when Cyril was suspended for an "attempted strike" - he faced 2 charges from the one passage of play, including the strike that did connect and then the following attempt which didn't connect

"He pleaded guilty on Tuesday morning to striking Salter, but challenged at the tribunal a charge of attempting to strike the Power player in a bid to limit his penalty to one match.

Rioli says he is the one to blame for his 30-second brain snap during the third quarter, when he angrily grappled with Salter and made contact with one punch but missed with the next."

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
Reading this board is a constant reminder of the stupidity of mankind.
People calling for Clark and close to be dropped. People calling for Rohan to come straight back in. Clark and close both showed more than Rohan has shown in months. Literally. and those calling for Narkle to go out. He had 17 touches and a bunch of those contested after playing a half of footy the day before. And not sure many understand how significant that is - he’s played, pulled up, would have aches, soreness and would usually be rehydrating and recovering the day after. Not playing a whole AFL game. Huge effort from him.

For mine, I hope they drop Stanley floor Fort, Zuthrie (is a VFL player only) for Parfitt, Cameron for Kolo (Henry to go back) Danger for Dahlhaus (Dahl is finished)

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Reading this board is a constant reminder of the stupidity of mankind.
People calling for Clark and close to be dropped. People calling for Rohan to come straight back in. Clark and close both showed more than Rohan has shown in months. Literally. and those calling for Narkle to go out. He had 17 touches and a bunch of those contested after playing a half of footy the day before. And not sure many understand how significant that is - he’s played, pulled up, would have aches, soreness and would usually be rehydrating and recovering the day after. Not playing a whole AFL game. Huge effort from him.

For mine, I hope they drop Stanley floor Fort, Zuthrie (is a VFL player only) for Parfitt, Cameron for Kolo (Henry to go back) Danger for Dahlhaus (Dahl is finished)

The Bay13 mods have temporarily altered my ability to like posts, so I'm responding just to say I agree with this 1000% percent

Sadly I think Rohan will be straight back in and Narkle will be dropped (though I don't agree with either move).

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

There were many, many worse than him yesterday. No chance he’ll be dropped.

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Even stranger, ''high'' contact, no matter how many times I watched it buggered if I could see any high contact, unless they classify the shoulder as high.
Time for Christian to call it a day I reckon,
He's an AFL shill, it's quite clear. There is no consistency other than following the media beatup before during and after the fact

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
This is a perfect game to cover the cracks in our team - home against the Dorf who couldn't be worse if they tried.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
The Bay13 mods have tenpirarily altered my ability to like posts, so I'm responding just to say I agree with this 1000% percent

Sadly I think Rohan will be straight back in and Narkle will be dropped (though I don't agree with either move).
Close played fifty percent of the game on the back flank. That will get you a few more touches than a lead up forward in a game like last Sunday's.

Gogeelong

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
People losing faith in Smith and Selwood is fairly confusing. Smith kicked 2 with 21 disposals, Selwood with 30 disposals 8 tackles. Probably the two best players we had yesterday. Find it strange that people are questioning their ability to “get it done” when they’ve done it every week this year. Certainly hasn’t been their fault we’ve started so poorly and definitely rate their ability to get it done at the pointy end and history suggests that also
Smith has been excellent.
Our captain gets the hard ball but is slowing down and getting caught. This is exposing us. When he got caught in the last uarter this week it was critical. Perhaps he should play closer to the goals ala Dahls position?

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Smith has been excellent.
Our captain gets the hard ball but is slowing down and getting caught. This is exposing us. When he got caught in the last uarter this week it was critical. Perhaps he should play closer to the goals ala Dahls position?
Imagine Smith winning a BnF at Geelong... I don't know which group of fans would melt harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back