WWE WrestleMania 37 - Sunday 11th & Monday 12th April 2021 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the full night 2 last night.

Night 1 was solid without being spectacular. Wrong match kicked off given the result. Got no problems with Lashley having a decent run and feel like it’s time for Drew to go heel. Would have been better kicking off with Cesaro and Seth as Cesaro did get good pops from the crowd.

Their match was still my favorite from night 1 shame it was to short to be a classic. There’s a reason why Cesaro is so loved by other wrestlers, check out Eddie Kingstons tweet. He can have a good match with anybody. He is old school like a Bret Hart mentality everything he does has a reason behind it and is great at selling an injury during the match. Thought they did well with Seth targeting the arm which limited Cesaro swinging him the first time and even on the second round of swings he still played it up that his arm was sore and didn’t swing Seth as fast as he has in the past.

Got nothing good to say about the turmoil match.

Tag match was ok shows the lack of depth on the tag division and AJ should be in the main event scene. So over the new day and I know I just said the tag division is thin but time to end the new day and what better way than have Kofi turn heel and join the Hurt Business.

Braun and Shane was entertaining for what it was but still would have rather see Jey USO, Shinsake, Corbin, Richochet or Garza on the card here.

Main Event was a solid match again without anything spectacular. Nothing really made me want to see it so it was better than I expected but probably best suited as the opener or 2nd match.

Night 2 was far better overall

Not really a fan of Bliss/Fiend I still think how can the Fiend character be a face? My only hope for it as posted above is that given the black goo and the symbol that it’s actually Alistair Black working with Bliss that cost the fiend.

Nothing nice to say about the women’s tag match.

KO vs Sami was awesome great match thought it was going to lead into a double turn.The ending with Logan Paul made me think will KO feel sorry for Sami and end up teaming with him? Hopefully they send KO to Raw though. Bobby needs a fresh challenger.

Sheamus vs Riddle - Great result, Riddle is decent in the ring but I hate all the scooter stuff. Sheamus has been one of the MVP during the pandemic. Has consistently put on some hard hitting matches. Has busted his ass and good reward.

Apollo vs Big E good match and unlike most I actually enjoyed the ending. Managers and stables are underused these days and I reckon it’s great that Apollo now has help. It suits the character change and I like it. Big E needs to drop the comedic new day stick. It’s hard to take him seriously as a champion or contender. Hopefully this loss leads to a more serious side and a move to raw to challenge Lashley or he will be in line to face Roman at some stage.

Great for Rhea winning the belt. Pretty good match for the time it got.

Main Event - Awesome match and great finish. Roman was never loosing and I think it sets up Bryan vs Edge going forward.

I think we will see Roman feud With Cesaro next then followed By Big E. Maybe they stretch out something with Edge or Bryan for another month or two? Roman will have a dominant run I think the only guys they would use to get the belt off him would be Drew or Seth as a face. I know they are talking about a rock vs Roman but surely the Rock can’t take the belt off him and I’m pretty sure the wrong has openly stated he wants to do the job for him.

Overall a solid mania without being spectacular. Don’t like the two night format and my thoughts are this mania felt more like bigger episodes of TV that are developing stories or angles more than finishing them.

Noticed Rhea Ripley got a mention on the bottom of the screen as the first Aussie to win the women's championship this morning - on ABC News breakfast.

New Day were being pretty heelish in their match. Wouldn't mind them being heel again, uber-positivity New Day is getting a bit stale but I'd love a return to "We will fight your kids" New Day.

Also, thinking over it for me Sasha vs Bianca was my favourite match and probably one of the better women's matches especially at Mania. Maybe since the Charlotte v Sasha v Becky triple threat?

New Day were being pretty heelish in their match. Wouldn't mind them being heel again, uber-positivity New Day is getting a bit stale but I'd love a return to "We will fight your kids" New Day.

Also, thinking over it for me Sasha vs Bianca was my favourite match and probably one of the better women's matches especially at Mania. Maybe since the Charlotte v Sasha v Becky triple threat?

Suggest you go back and watch that... it's actually a ******* awful match.

I'm probably going back to Stratus vs James, but that was such a different match in a different era, that I think you'd have to say as a "wrestling" match Banks vs Belair was the best WM womens match ever.

I'm probably going back to Stratus vs James, but that was such a different match in a different era, that I think you'd have to say as a "wrestling" match Banks vs Belair was the best WM womens match ever.

Agreed. The two matches last year were actually miles better than that one (and the match yesterday imo) just a shame they were in an empty arena.

The triple threat between Charlotte, Banks and Lynch was probably match of the night on that card. Was that Mania 32?

Sorry but for long term story, match storyline and emotion the best female mania match still has to be Trish vs Mickie

While I was only stumping for it myself yesterday, we should acknowledge that there was a major botch at the end that was edited off the dvd (and now network version), so there may be some rose-tinted glasses in my rating of this so highly.

While I was only stumping for it myself yesterday, we should acknowledge that there was a major botch at the end that was edited off the dvd (and now network version), so there may be some rose-tinted glasses in my rating of this so highly.

‘the crowd reaction for Mickie, even though she was supposed to be the heel added to the match, and of course “the lick” (also edited off)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow just went back to watch it and had forgotten about that clumsy finish. Nevertheless matches can’t just be ranked by botches and smoothness. That match had a lot of those intangible things that I really wish we’d see more of in current WWE.

this is why we keep digital copies of our live PPV versions, and don't rely on the network to archive the history.

EDIT: apparently the rain delay footage is just on a separate video file now

Tells me that tweet has been deleted, What have they done?

Tells me that tweet has been deleted, What have they done?

the original tweet said they removed the rain delay interviews from Night 1 of WM, so it was like it "never happened". but apparently since, they've added them as a separate video file.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back