List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Gee whiz settle down, I've had some shockers.
Hehe. We have as Swans supporters the most exciting team ever and I am trying to defend why players, who might not be getting a gig, might leave this team.
Multiple posters looking at the negatives after 3 rounds. Oh Stephens will leave. Oh McClean will leave. Give me a break.
This team could be anything. People on here have said Hayward will leave. It is funny. The first smell of success and everyone wants to be the guy that said I told why it isn't so.

Hehe. We have as Swans supporters the most exciting team ever and I am trying to defend why players, who might not be getting a gig, might leave this team.
Multiple posters looking at the negatives after 3 rounds. Oh Stephens will leave. Oh McClean will leave. Give me a break.
This team could be anything. People on here have said Hayward will leave. It is funny. The first smell of success and everyone wants to be the guy that said I told why it isn't so.

I like your good faith and I can't get mad at you because of your picture. All I will say is that everyone supports in different ways, some are worry warts and others like to set their expectations super low so they don't get disappointed. As long as we're all supporting it doesn't make a difference to me. It's a good conversation subject anyway.

I like your good faith and I can't get mad at you because of your picture. All I will say is that everyone supports in different ways, some are worry warts and others like to set their expectations super low so they don't get disappointed. As long as we're all supporting it doesn't make a difference to me. It's a good conversation subject anyway.
I like your posts. No argument from me unless I disagree.

But most should be more positive!! We are on a wave. Do'nt be careful. Be brave.

Naismith has signed a one year extension:

A return of loyalty plus backup for Hickey (next year). I suspect Cal is fully cooked and won't be re-signed. He'll probably ease out through the ressies, maybe helping mentoring the VFL contracted players.

Someone said he had bulked up a fair bit in the off season, perhaps as much as 10kg. If so, that could really disturb your running mechanics, balance and so on.
When drafted he was listed as 69kg on the Swans website.. In a Swans video during 2021 pre-season while chatting with Parker, Stephens said 'he weighed 79kg'
So hes put on 10 kg over the first 12 months at the club. probably quite normal (and good) for a player his age and size coming into a professional sporting environment.
I read somewhere that he's working on a couple of things in his game. I read that in a way that the Swans thought of him as a very long term player at the club and were taking this opportunity (which has come from an injury free list) to hone/perfect his game. Im not worried when 1st and 2nd year players are playing in the reserves.. there are plenty of examples of elite players who start their career at 20yo rather than 18yo.
Reckon he'll be playing seniors pretty soon..
also, a massive fan of the new reserves comp - better comp to develop in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say Stephens is a flight risk. Pick 5. Still hasn't signed an extension, stuck in reserves. Attractive mid for the crows.
went to high school in SA.. grew up on the Murray (i think), parents still live there, sister lives in Newcastle.
His home is equidistant from Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne..
Swans are working through contracts now, I dont see him as any more of a flight risk than anyone else

grew up on the Murray (i think),
Yeah he's from Mildura. He's not an Adelaide boy, though given he played in the SANFL, I can see why people think otherwise.

A return of loyalty plus backup for Hickey (next year). I suspect Cal is fully cooked and won't be re-signed. He'll probably ease out through the ressies, maybe helping mentoring the VFL contracted players.

Interestingly i saw Callum Sinclair outside the SCG last thursday part way through the second quarter. I was just very late for the game. I'm not sure why he didnt stay to watch the game. Seemed very strange.

Imo, if Stephens is a flight risk, which I don't think he is, he would be just as likely to go to a Melbourne club. Feel like it's a bit of paranoia that's he's going to run first chance he gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back