Preview Round 5 Port vs Carlton @ MCG 6.55pm Sat 17/4/21

Remove this Banner Ad

I usually do with three exceptions- them Adelaide & West Coast.

I stay clear of those three boards.

I'm amazed that Essendon isn't on your list of exceptions.

I'm wary of Carlton if McKay gets his tail up early they can be hard to stop, and Eddie always plays well against us. They're not a contender, but on their day they can be a prick of a side to beat especially if they get a good start.

I know Eddie ain't quite what he used to be but I never understood why we didn't just clean him up. Maybe Jones can be that guy if he starts to hit the scoreboard.

The expectation is to win and win comfortably but we have a tendency to crumble under expectation. Coming off of a brutal slog against Richmond, half our squad are battered and bruised whilst Carlton got a nice close win to keep their confidence up. I can definitely see this being a game we drop. Doesn't mean it's okay, just based on past trends with this team I won't be shocked if it happens.
I actually would be shocked if we loose because I think that we have progressed to the next level with the inclusion of Fantasia and Aliir and the general improvement across all aspects and in players.

It was a slog for sure, but we have enough time to recover and recuperate and I personally, would be mightily upset if we lost to Carton because to loose to teams like that, no offence intended to Carlton, but to loose to sides like that means that we can't win the flag. As they say in the classics, you're only as good as your next game and I expect us to win. I don't care if it's by 10 kicks, 4 kicks or a point, I just want us to win and I reckon we will.

Hoping Fantasia is all good to go for this one. Reckon he could have a bit of a day out at the G if they put more attention into bogeyman Gray.
Robbie has been playing closer to the center line since Fantasia has come in and Robbie has been great in that true half forward flank role. I hope they do focus on Robbie because that will give Fantasia even more space to do his damage.

If we can match Carlton around the ball they will give us opportunities with their poor disposal. As a 22 I feel we have far greater depth of quality with the likes of Drew, Mckenzie, Hartlett, Marshall, Woodcock providing a lot more than Dow, Casboult, Cotterill etc. Would love for McGovern the human stobie pole to come in for Carlton so Aliir can spoil the three attempted marks he has for the game and then support Clurey/Mckenzie on McKay. I genuinely believe that if we can bring a four quarter intensity the Blues fragile core will shatter and we will win by 3-5 goals.

Just win, carn.
Aliir v McKay will be scintilating
Expecting Dixon to get gloved 3 weeks in a row
Walsh v Rozee yes please
I truly hope Walsh v rozee eventuates. Truly exciting talents the both of them. But if rozee tries to go near the midfield v Walsh he will get Murdered. Stick to the forward line where he plays his best footy.

I remember that and wanganeen got reported, I would of been about 9 years old at that game and still a mental case watching us

Reported for striking Hardwick, I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be beating Carlton comfortably. Port for me are a team that can beat the best but be brought down to a lower standard against teams like Carlton, where their unpredictability and chaos ball throws us off the way we want to play.

There's been games throughout history where bottom placed teams experiment against the best and cause an upset because it's a gameplan they never prepared for.

I truly hope Walsh v rozee eventuates. Truly exciting talents the both of them. But if rozee tries to go near the midfield v Walsh he will get Murdered. Stick to the forward line where he plays his best footy.
Come on i think walsh is a bit weird but a Murderer is a bit far don't you think?

Thanks for dropping in to tell us your dad could beat up our dad.

For those people purchasing tix for Saturday night

There was a Friday night game late in 2004 v Collingwood.

When Tredders came off an AC joint injury in Darwin to take James ‘groupthink hype Collingwood key defender, see Jack Frost and Darcy Moore’ Clement to the cleaners 🥰

We should be beating Carlton comfortably. Port for me are a team that can beat the best but be brought down to a lower standard against teams like Carlton, where their unpredictability and chaos ball throws us off the way we want to play.

There's been games throughout history where bottom placed teams experiment against the best and cause an upset because it's a gameplan they never prepared for

Geelong and us are very similar in that regard .. I think we've shifted away from those lapses in recent periods though with our younger talent not as mentally weak as players before them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back