Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Some tool was trash talking to my friend and I for no real reason despite it being our warm-up and cycling through 3rd team members (0-4 loss). Of course we we were giving it back just as hard. In the inevitable rematch we slapped up him and his cronies; all while spamming "great clear' and the like.:p Even the random (who spawned in at the end of the previous match) was going in on the festivities!

Oh in the previous match the guy made a snide comment '10-0'. Three guesses what the final score of the rematch was...

Some tool was trash talking to my friend and I for no real reason despite it being our warm-up and cycling through 3rd team members (0-4 loss). Of course we we were giving it back just as hard. In the inevitable rematch we slapped up him and his cronies; all while spamming "great clear' and the like.:p Even the random (who spawned in at the end of the previous match) was going in on the festivities!

Oh in the previous match the guy made a snide comment '10-0'. Three guesses what the final score of the rematch was...

Those games are the best. I have improved a lot but still not amazing (aerial defending still a weakness). But i love walloping a smart arse that says I'm crap.

Those games are the best. I have improved a lot but still not amazing (aerial defending still a weakness). But i love walloping a smart arse that says I'm crap.
Im not the best at aerial defense either but what i like to do is try to flip mid-air to reach the ball (to cover my average 'positioning'). Also, heatseeker throws you into the deep end in that respect...

If anyone needs an ego boost, jump into casual for a bit :p

I did to get the weekly reward thing for winning a match in a casual playlist. I'm no superstar, been bouncing between Gold 3 and Plat 1 - but with the influx of new free-to-play players, can confirm I am now a living god in casual :tearsofjoy:

If anyone needs an ego boost, jump into casual for a bit :p

I did to get the weekly reward thing for winning a match in a casual playlist. I'm no superstar, been bouncing between Gold 3 and Plat 1 - but with the influx of new free-to-play players, can confirm I am now a living god in casual :tearsofjoy:

Explains why I've been on a hot streak in recent days!

Although I tend to have a week where my timing is off and mistime everything, then a week where I nail everything (attack and defence).

With this free to play shite I'm getting teamed up with the most clueless farks going around in ranked.Set up shots on goal only to find teammates being farkin' goalies-literally had to abuse them to get them outta goals. Bordering on constantly rage inducing this game now

With this free to play sh*te I'm getting teamed up with the most clueless farks going around in ranked.Set up shots on goal only to find teammates being farkin' goalies-literally had to abuse them to get them outta goals. Bordering on constantly rage inducing this game now

I'm loving it

Platinum in 2v2 and solo duel 😄😄😄
Glad there are people worse than I am, I'm ranking up faster.

Just had a 3 v 3 match where my teammates blamed me for being thrashed. They had 400 - 200ish points betwen them, while I was rocking it on 6, 8 and eventually 56 points (hey I'm entitled to have an off game where I mistime things). My ping said it was 27, but I swear it was lagging on my end..... when I'd run over a boost, it wouldn't register for a few seconds after. It was funny at the end, I used chat to tell the other team that my teammates let ME down :p. My teammates abused me after that as well :D :p.

I followed up that with a competitive 1 v 1 duel, which I won 9 - 5.

Having a bit of fun (depending on who is in the game at the time). Someone was using the DeLorean.... so whenever he scored I'd type 1.21 GIGAWATTS..... or "his flux capacitor is now in overdrive", "to block his shots at goal you need to travel 88mph". Got a few LOL responses :p

Too funny had a 3 v 3 against a team on the Xbox version. As I haven't touched the Xbox version in yonks my rank has disappeared. Played against a team of high flying smart arses, who were 5 - 1 up. They mocked my 6 points (it was only the first minute of the game and mind you their goals came from my team's stuff ups, bumping each other off the path to block the ball etc).

We got it to 6 - 6 and overtime............................

I scored the winning goal AND became the MVP of the match. Much gloating ensued, and the main guy that was trolling me and my weak effort throughout the match continued potting me over Xbox messenger. I engaged back saying last I checked we won, AND I then screenshotted my current match where I was leading 6 - 1, saying I can't engage with him any longer as I'm too busy winning :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psyonix/Epic have absolutely nailed this NFL game mode. Its exactly what I was hoping that spike rush mode would be. Hopefully it makes its way back into permanent play once the event is over. Have basically quit the game since the change to how you unlock items, but this mode would bring me back.

Too funny had a 3 v 3 against a team on the Xbox version. As I haven't touched the Xbox version in yonks my rank has disappeared. Played against a team of high flying smart arses, who were 5 - 1 up. They mocked my 6 points (it was only the first minute of the game and mind you their goals came from my team's stuff ups, bumping each other off the path to block the ball etc).

We got it to 6 - 6 and overtime............................

I scored the winning goal AND became the MVP of the match. Much gloating ensued, and the main guy that was trolling me and my weak effort throughout the match continued potting me over Xbox messenger. I engaged back saying last I checked we won, AND I then screenshotted my current match where I was leading 6 - 1, saying I can't engage with him any longer as I'm too busy winning :D

Love it when the fanbois base your skills on your points😂

One recent 3 v 3 was kind of funny as my teams goals were scored as a result of defending the other teams attacking shots at goal. One literally deflected off the car at our defending end goal line and managed to sail through to their goal. The other two goals were similar but had wall assistance as well.

Had a 2 v 2 where we started slow (0 -2 when the clock still had 4:32). Ended up winning 5 - 3 and getting a message claiming I was salty during the game. My reply was simple - why would I be salty when we won ?

Had a 1 v 1 game that was similar to above, where I was down 0 - 2 in the first 30 seconds. Mostly because of being out positioned (I chose to protect space instead of contesting/blocking his run). Once I started playing the man (aka destroying the car) at key moments, I was able to catch up and lead 5 - 2 before he quit.

It's kinda funny after a break of a few weeks......... the first few games I play, my touch when it comes to attacking was pretty good (I was picking the right spots, jumping at the correct time etc. Giving assists, but also scoring some nifty goals of my own), yet when it comes to defence my timing had disappeared.... while I scored some pretty easy (and difficult) goals. I let some pretty basic goal shots go through due to stupid defensive moves.

Had a cool moment in one 3 v 3 game, where I was sticking to defence for the most part (got 5 really good saves!), but also made a few epic stuff ups which helped the other team draw level with 30 seconds to go. The final play of the game, saw me get out from our defensive end, weave through traffic just before the half way point..... bunted the ball away (more to clear it so they couldn't score.... wanted to force it to overtime), and the three opposition players mucked up, letting it roll through for the win on 0:00 :D.

I had a funny 2 v 2 game, where my teammate "left" after we got scored against in the first 30 seconds. My tactic in recent times is to stick the match out for as long as possible to see how irritated the oppposite team gets that they're not getting an easy forfeit. I went 0 - 2 down pretty quick, still didn't want to quit just yet.

They must have decided to toy with me, as they made a few basic blunders which helped me score 2 goals to level it up. One was me cleverly weaving between them, giving myself enough open space to slot one through. The other was a mistimed jump which saw the ball deflect off the back and into the goal. I was able to keep the ball in my forward half and scored again. Then the troll came out (with an ez... jk lol message). That fired them up, and they scored against me very fast. With 30 seconds left I was sure they would beat me, two attempted shots at goal that 1) was blocked by myself... and the next just hit the corner and deflected out. I pounced and scored an open goal. The final 12 seconds, they attempted another goal score, but I stopped them :D. Pretty good win I thought.

"playing smart" I think can only get so far and unless I actually try to get better I don't see how I can get beyond my current Plat 1 div 4 - plat 3 - div 1 yoyo.

I recently changed my boost button to RB and it's taking so long to re-train but even though I still feel unco I feel my aerials are already better. However I now need to change my camera settings but I'm so used to default settings that whenever I tweak them to suggested ones it completely throws out my judgement. This is going to be a painful learning curve.

"playing smart" I think can only get so far and unless I actually try to get better I don't see how I can get beyond my current Plat 1 div 4 - plat 3 - div 1 yoyo.

I recently changed my boost button to RB and it's taking so long to re-train but even though I still feel unco I feel my aerials are already better. However I now need to change my camera settings but I'm so used to default settings that whenever I tweak them to suggested ones it completely throws out my judgement. This is going to be a painful learning curve.

My peak is mid diamond. (I only play duos with randoms) Ive been at a similar skill level for a couple years now.

I feel like I’m at the stage where I actually need to YouTube different skills and practise them. You might be as well. I’m pretty happy just jumping into a quick game and messing around rather than try to get sweaty and “train”

Agree. Like to think my fundamentals, positioning and rotations are all on point but I've kinda hit the point where I feel like I need to learn to air juggle etc to really keep progressing through the tiers. Ain't nobody got time for that lol.

Actually thought about changing the default layout a while back to assist with arials and car positioning while in the air, but the muscle memory is baked in at this point for mine, would just be too painful to re-learn.

Have just hit plat 3 for the first time in both doubles and 3v3, but I have a feeling thats more to do with early days in the new season rather than any real improvement.

You're mostly right about playing smart only gets you so far. I'm stuck in Diamond 3 and 90% of players have a skill level of car mechanics better than mine. I make basic aerial mistakes which you just can't do.

However there are still some fundamental smart things that I've recently learnt that helped me progress as far as rotations go. Shadow defence, when to challenge, back post rotations, distance management between team-mates on offence all make a big difference.

Beyond that though I need to get better at dribbling both air and ground. Need to learn speed flips, the back-half flip thing for 180 quick turn, crap like that. Takes a lot of time too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back