eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
I didn't suggest Easton Wood was a key defender?

My point was with Raaks height he probably wont end up being one either but he may offer good support to the key defenders.
"Crazy the Dogs said no to Raak given their tall defender issues."
"More that Wood is 32 and I don’t rate Gardner and Cordy."
It sounded like you were grouping them together.

I too would have taken Raak with a Cat B spot but it is a big investment for someone we're not sure on and seemed to rate the two other train-on players more highly for the SSP spot (taking Scott, but very close to selecting Preston)

FWIW we've approached just about every OOC KPD in the past 3 years so we're definitely looking for height in the back half, although Lewis Young is still showing promise.

"Crazy the Dogs said no to Raak given their tall defender issues."
"More that Wood is 32 and I don’t rate Gardner and Cordy."
It sounded like you were grouping them together.

I too would have taken Raak with a Cat B spot but it is a big investment for someone we're not sure on and seemed to rate the two other train-on players more highly for the SSP spot (taking Scott, but very close to selecting Preston)

FWIW we've approached just about every OOC KPD in the past 3 years so we're definitely looking for height in the back half, although Lewis Young is still showing promise.
Those aren't my quotes?

Do you have me mixed up with someone else?

Matthew Johnson is interesting at that height.
Is he the prototype, big bodied, explosive midfielder clubs are enamoured by at present ? What type of player is he ?
Other interesting points are Sinn being listed as a defender, is that his scope or do we envisage him being capable of exhibiting the same traits
(explosiveness, line breaking)
in the midfield? Rachele also a bit lower than most.

It's really a midfield-heavy top end, hey. It makes North drafting Will Phillips seem even stranger in hindsight.
Yeah i was surprised - we may be looking at a Callow at mid year and the after our pick 1 tall options.

Add Horne to our young midfeild and that should lock 1 area down for a while.

Is the sanfl shown on 7+? If so, is the
Port reserves vs South Adelaide being televised this week? Very keen to watch Horne play a full game
I don’t believe the SANFL is being broadcast this week due to the AFLW.
You can watch the whole SANFL round live or on demand for $4.99 if it interests you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i was surprised - we may be looking at a Callow at mid year and the after our pick 1 tall options.

Add Horne to our young midfeild and that should lock 1 area down for a while.
Any chance of North bidding on Daicos?

Is he the prototype, big bodied, explosive midfielder clubs are enamoured by at present ? What type of player is he ?
Other interesting points are Sinn being listed as a defender, is that his scope or do we envisage him being capable of exhibiting the same traits
(explosiveness, line breaking)
in the midfield? Rachele also a bit lower than most.

Matthew Johnson number 52 for Subiaco if you want to watch the game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have a second and three thirds.

1618288895828.png

You are about 1000 points short if bid on at Pick 2.

Which means you need to find an additional top 20 pick for 2021 AND draft 5 kids at the back end of the draft to cover that amount of picks.

This also isn't factoring in Yosef Dib.

Ned is going to need to do some serious points hoarding AND reduce the amount of picks.

View attachment 1101569

Which means you need to find an additional top 20 pick for 2021 AND draft 5 kids at the back end of the draft to cover that amount of picks.

Ned is going to need to do some serious points hoarding AND reduce the amount of picks.
Yeah i'm not sure trading out their 1st round was a good idea - if it is a top 6 pick they could have got so much more for it. A large deficit has to be avoided.

View attachment 1101569

Probably need another 2nd.
We also have a 4th from GWS.

Is these points factoring in the 20% discount?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back