FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking of shows which are great, but obscure here, check out The Detectorists - MacKenzie Crook's show based around a metal detectors club. Not the most promising of concepts, but really hits the mark, helped along with a great performance from Toby Jones. Won the bafta for best sitcom, but more melancholy than laugh out loud. By far MacKenzie's best work.
Am watching this now, what a hidden gem this show is, great television

Just started watching new Horror Anthology Series THEM (Amazon Prime) on recommendation of one Stephen King in Twitter.

Pretty slow moving in the first episode so far, but the tension is building and the acting is top notch.

Looks like a keeper this one.

Just started watching new Horror Anthology Series THEM (Amazon Prime) on recommendation of one Stephen King in Twitter.

Pretty slow moving in the first episode so far, but the tension is building and the acting is top notch.

Are there any sci-fi elements? Or just proper intense/thriller type stuff?

Are there any sci-fi elements? Or just proper intense/thriller type stuff?

Mainly intense/thriller stuff so far (with toxic racism thrown in too, to add to the tension)

It's kind of like a Mad Men/American Horror Story crossover, think there will be sci-fi/supernatural elements later on, but still on the pilot episode, they are building up the characters and setting for what is too come, and it's got me hooked

I will have to watch a few more episodes to make an more concise evaluation though.

Mainly intense/thriller stuff so far (with toxic racism thrown in too, to add to the tension)

It's kind of like a Mad Men/American Horror Story crossover, think there will be sci-fi/supernatural elements later on, but still on the pilot episode, they are building up the characters and setting for what is too come, and it's got me hooked

I will have to watch a few more episodes to make an more concise evaluation though.
Hm, don't really like Sci-Fi stuff. Damn.

I am going to have a look at this Elmer.

The Mrs is out and I need something to watch.

I will watch the first 20 minutes of this game.

Well Ep 1 was disturbing and sent some chills down the spine when
that figure appeared in the lounge room and attacked the kid...******* disturbing or what!

Well Ep 1 was disturbing and sent some chills down the spine when
that figure appeared in the lounge room and attacked the kid...******* disturbing or what!

Yeah that was great!!! I ended up watching 4 episodes before the footy started :)

Talking of shows which are great, but obscure here, check out The Detectorists - MacKenzie Crook's show based around a metal detectors club. Not the most promising of concepts, but really hits the mark, helped along with a great performance from Toby Jones. Won the bafta for best sitcom, but more melancholy than laugh out loud. By far MacKenzie's best work.

Just watched all three seasons back to back after seeing this. What a great show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the rest of it yesterday (6 episodes in one session)

Really good and disturbing stuff.

Really hope there is a second season.

well was worth the watch; unsure of the ending. Some real creepy moments.

Ep 9, the Wild West was excellent. Good to see The Swede back from Hell on Wheels

I'm watching "The Moodys" after the recommendation of the show from Neroli Meadows. I interviewed her last week for my podcast (it'll be released next week), and she mentioned that her brother plays the lead character, Dan. Very funny show.

I'm an American who fell in love with Footy 5 years ago, and I've also taken a deep dive into Australian tv programs on AcornTV. Absolutely loved, Jack Irish, Mystery Road, and an older series, East/West 101.

I'm watching "The Moodys" after the recommendation of the show from Neroli Meadows. I interviewed her last week for my podcast (it'll be released next week), and she mentioned that her brother plays the lead character, Dan. Very funny show.

I'm an American who fell in love with Footy 5 years ago, and I've also taken a deep dive into Australian tv programs on AcornTV. Absolutely loved, Jack Irish, Mystery Road, and an older series, East/West 101.
What’s your poddy?

If you can find it need to watch Kingswood country classic Australian series from early eighties

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If you can find it need to watch Kingswood country classic Australian series from early eighties

I've looked for that couple years ago but haven't been able to find, loved that show when I was younger

Edit - just found torrents for the first couple season, might have to download when I get home

Last edited:
I've looked for that before but haven't been able to find, loved that show when I was younger
Yeah unless you buy the DVD i think its going to be hard to find. Very unlikely its ever going to be aired again due to some content. One of my favourite shows ever too

Yeah unless you buy the DVD i think its going to be hard to find. Very unlikely its ever going to be aired again due to some content. One of my favourite shows ever too

Found the torrents for the first couple seasons 5 minutes ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back