Autopsy Freo Down Hawks by 15 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t this whole thing happen about 10 years ago with Eskimo Joe? Fans voted overwhelmingly to keep the song as it is now.

I think they gave you 3 song choices when it should have been two. There’s always that sub group of fans that’s adverse to any
change.

'clark determined to be a freo docker'

'Clark tells Freo he's a demon'

what a rollercoaster. Wonder how his career would have ended up if he made it to us.
He said that the huge deal Melbourne offered him was impossible to turn down, but carried with it a huge weight of expectations - so when his body broke down, as it had been doing throughout his career, he felt like he was letting the whole club down.

It's arguable that it ended his career.

Unpopular opinion. Blake Acres was good against the Hawks and was tough.

It pisses me off listening to this now, why tf did people vote for the original over this.
"And as the cup goes up! Hear the shouting Freoooo, Freo!" would be so good post-game.
Yeah, that was my favourite at the time and I was pissed off we kept the original. But the difference is we were winning at the time. I wonder how it would go now we're losing.

100% we should ask him to rewrite the Freo song, not quite sure how Tame Impala's style would fit as a footy tune but lets give it a go. Parker is a Freo lad and his music bangs. I'd back him to do a better job than what we have right now and anything he'd do would look like a masterpiece against WCE's new Birds of Tokyo inspired corporate bilge.

These guys are not too far removed from Tame Impala. They share band members and Kevin Parker used to be in Pond. Not sure I really like this though, they are trying to polish a turd and would be better to start from scratch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oddly enough, this guy rates our song third behind Richmond and Port Adelaide. I thought OK, this is just one guy but if you read through the comments there are lots of people who rate our song highly. Obviously the rusted-ons will say theirs is the best, but it does make you think.

Maybe we just get into cringe mode because we hear so many Eagles supporters telling us what rubbish it is. Listening to this guy's top 10 I think ours stands up really well - I'm going to lose the cringe and sing it loud and proud.

Attachments

• 1618301394840.png
    1618301394840.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 53
I'm quite evidently in the minority here in thinking that is god awful. Can't get past the 12 second mark
Yeah same. It’s s**t. Bring back the original volga boatmen dirge. I want that playing when we win the cup not this half assed eskimo joe crap.

Was t Jon Bon Jovi or someone who said ACDC only have one song, but it's a great one?

Yes, he is playing injured at the moment, probably only because we are pretty much plumb out of options. Saw him at Leederville on Saturday with a bandage on his thigh and he was really struggling to get up the stairs, so I'd say if either of Switta or Schultz had been available he might have had another week off.

He has provided incredible service for the club and deserves better than the nonsense he has been getting on here.
Agree re injury. Saw him come off close to us after some vicious Hawks-engineered collision and he was grimacing with pain. Set ´own fault’ aside: if the infringement is there, PAY IT! Umpires’ job is to arbitrate consistently in the moment, NOT discriminate (unfairly and irrationally) on the basis of past perceptions ´. A fair few shoulda-been frees happened near me. Plain poor umpiring and the club should (hah, if only) complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back