Preview AFLW GRAND FINAL: Brisbane Lions v Adelaide Crows, Sat Apr 17, 2pm

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we should drop Ally, she doesn't seem a good omen...

Lets hope we get some decent umpires unlike that Bulldog GF and are not influenced by a home crowd.

High involvement from Hodder and Davidson will go a long way to winning us the game. Svarc seems ready to have a real influence and Ally will win plenty of ball. If Lutkins and co can take a dozen intercept marks I think we will be very hard to beat.

We really just need the pieces to fall into place on the day. The talent is definitely there.

Wardlaw needs to do more when up forward.
She is very handy when thrown into the ruck at centre bounces but I feel she has gone off the boil this year with her marking and recovery.
Maybe give Smith more time in the goal square and free up Jesse a little.
Sophie C needs to do a bit more this week too. Getting caught in traffic too much. All hands on deck needed otherwise it could be a grim day.
And conditions forecasted look bonzer.
Overcast, light winds, 21 degrees.
No excuses for this not to be a cracker.

At present in the AFLW you don't get to play all teams once.
However the AFL ensured the top teams did play each other.
That gives both players and coaches a chance to better organize some matchups
So the one meeting with Adelaide resulted in a 1 goal 6 point Lions loss: Adel 6.9 (45) to Lions 5.3 (33)
Adelaide got the jump on us in the first quarter but were inaccurate so it could have resulted in a bigger lead. Adel 2.5 (17) to lions 0.0 (0)
It may be a low scoring game so need to capitalize on any opportunity
Should be a good contest but i think the Lions should have learnt more from that only encounter
Hard to win away but I think they may just be up to the challenge
Lions by 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a bit of struggle with the website/barcodes, I manage to secure a couple of tickets together at Section 337 of the oval/stadium 🥳🥳🥳

Looks like there will be Lions supporters at the match after all and I will do my honour by cheering those Lions as much as possible to get us over the line ;)

Thanks to everyone who has helped me as always again with my situation, now I can breathe easy again until Saturday afternoon :cool:

Attachments

• 1618294770229.png
    1618294770229.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
After a bit of struggle with the website/barcodes, I manage to secure a couple of tickets together at Section 337 of the stadium 🥳🥳🥳

Looks like there will be Lions supporters at the match after all and I will do my honour by cheering those Lions as much as possible to get us over the line ;)

Thanks to everyone who has helped me as always again with my situation, now I can breathe easy again until Saturday afternoon :cool:

Looks like an excellent spot to watch footy
Make sure you take your Lions hat as that side is marked as East
So might be looking towards sun in the last quarter
Enjoy the game and lets hope the Ladies can win this one

Looks like an excellent spot to watch footy
Make sure you take your Lions hat as that side is marked as East
So might be looking towards sun in the last quarter
Enjoy the game and lets hope the Ladies can win this one

Thanks mate, hopefully I don't get beaten up from the Crows supporters if I get hyped and cheer as loud as I do at my television sometimes. I bet it will be a ratio of 500:1 to Adelaide supporters tbh so keep me in your prayers for this dangerous journey to Adelaide Oval 😂 😂😂

Last edited:
I've only recently moved to Adelaide so this had worked out pretty great for me personally, I haven't been able to watch any Lions footy live for over a year so I'm really excited for this one

I've only recently moved to Adelaide so this had worked out pretty great for me personally, I haven't been able to watch any Lions footy live for over a year so I'm really excited for this one

Last edited:
Thanks mate, hopefully I don't get beaten up from the Crows supporters if I get hyped and cheer as loud as I do at my television sometimes. I bet it will be a ratio of 500:1 to Adelaide supporters tbh so keep me in your prayers for this dangerous journey to Adelaide Oval 😂 😂😂
Might be some Port people there supporting the Lions.

Plane tickets - check
Border declaration - check
Accommodation - check
Family to hang with on Friday - check
Ticket to Grand Final - CHECK!

Mondo excited for this, especially as the last game Mum ever attended live was at Adelaide Oval (THAT game against Port in 2019). I miss my Mum and wish she could see our first premiership.

Might be some Port people there supporting the Lions.
On a sidenote to that comment though, surely the AFLW needs to include Port Adelaide in the league ASAP though especially if the Crows win again this Saturday, as all the best South Australian talent from the SANFL/metro leagues are just being easy picked for the Adelaide Crows to have since the formation of the women's league compared to other states which have multiple clubs based now such as QLD & WA. (Excluding Victoria)

Hopefully by the beginning of the 2023 season, Port Adelaide and either Essendon/Hawthorn can enter the league to create a 16 team league, with the other Victorian club + Sydney joining the league by the start of the 2027 season to create a 18 team league, similar to how the men's league operates, with the only different being that the women's league would only consisting of 17 rounds (play each other) + finals system.

Now that would make the AFL Women's Competition, the number one professional sporting competition for female athletes around the country :thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:

Last edited:
On a sidenote to that comment though, surely the AFLW needs to include Port Adelaide in the league ASAP though especially if the Crows win again this Saturday, as all the best South Australian talent from the SANFL/metro leagues are just being easy picked for the Adelaide Crows to have since the formation of the women's league compared to other states which have multiple clubs based now such as QLD & WA. (Excluding Victoria)

Hopefully by the beginning of the 2023 season, Port Adelaide and either Essendon/Hawthorn can enter the league to create a 16 team league, with the other Victorian club + Sydney joining the league by the start of the 2027 season to create a 18 team league, similar to how the men's league operates, with the only different being that the women's league would only consisting of 17 rounds (play each other) + finals system.

Now that would make the AFL Women's Competition, the number one professional sporting competition for female athletes around the country :thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:
Adelaide also have access to Northern Territory talent as well.

Adelaide also have access to Northern Territory talent as well.

Exactly, given they have been premiers for 2 of the past 4 seasons, you would think the AFL/AFLW would allow Port Adelaide to enter the league to create a much even equal playing field for the league and SA in particular and give that NT partnership/academy to Gold Coast like the men's instead who are clearly struggling with their own performances in the big time in the league but hey, the AFL/AFLW won't listen to an internet troll like me :drunk:

Last edited:
Back