Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Community announcement for RESERVED seat holders
If you forget to go in ballot ,,,relaxxxxxx, once tickets are ONSALE just go onto ticketek use your barcode from email you didn’t read and purchase ticket at no charge unless you want to upgrade

Wish this was more clear and I didn’t waste an hour on ph to membership dept

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I’m intrigued by the requirement to scan a QR code at the ground. Obviously right now it’s restrictive. But means they aren’t using ticketing data for contact tracing the need to be ticketed is simply for spacing.
When/if we go to 100% capacity, there will no longer be a need to spread people across the stadium, I wonder if that means a return to a more regular GA setup? Say you buy a GA ticket in a zone, and as long as you stay within that zone you can sit anywhere.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
heard a bit of s.e.n talkback. seems there are multiple reasons for poor attendance. difficulty getting good seats. complexity of entry requirements. costs. people still wary of public transport are a few.

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm trying to get tickets now.
Got a barcode for myself, but not for the two kids I want to take.
Can't seem to work out how to group my barcode with 2 kids tickets.
Anyone know how to do this?

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm trying to get tickets now.
Got a barcode for myself, but not for the two kids I want to take.
Can't seem to work out how to group my barcode with 2 kids tickets.
Anyone know how to do this?
Tried it by having two ticket site windows open.
Put my barcode in one and went for general public with the other.
Gave seats right next to each other so worked out OK.

But yeah, makes it a nuisance and I don't think I'll be attempting to do it again.
It seemed like the transaction for the 2 kids fell through so I tried to redo it but seats weren't available anymore.
So, tried for just one kid, got a seat next to me, then afterwards realised that the original 2 had gone through, just didn't give the same notification that my member ticket gave.
Oh well, better having the 3 kids tickets than just one or none. Can take a niece or a friend with me as well.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
heard a bit of s.e.n talkback. seems there are multiple reasons for poor attendance. difficulty getting good seats. complexity of entry requirements. costs. people still wary of public transport are a few.
Yea they’re all factors , curious what our crowd will be , Easter is notoriously poor , generally see this as a 55k game, would be rapt with anything > 50 but may well be mid 40s

Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Any 3121 members know if we’re allowed to stand in the bar behind the glass, or do we have to stay in our designated seat?

Is there any standing allowed at the G at all, Grog squad area?

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Any 3121 members know if we’re allowed to stand in the bar behind the glass, or do we have to stay in our designated seat?

Is there any standing allowed at the G at all, Grog squad area?
No standing at all, last week some mates and i were just leaning on the fence that separates the seating area and the concourse at half time you know to stretch the legs and some MCG attendant lost his marbles screaming government regulations and sprinted off to get security.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Chose to stay home yesterday which was a good call in the end, but the reason was that our tickets were for level 4 and i just didn't want to sit up there again.

Told my group that i am pretty much done with the online crap of getting tickets and until we get back into standing room i'm just going to pick and choose which games i go too this year. Trying to organise everyone on a tuesday or wednesday is just too much of a pain in the arse.

Northern Tiger

Senior List
Jun 23, 2007
Epping
AFL Club
Richmond
Any word on whether they are continuing with this ballot nonsense for our next two home games against the bulldogs & cats?
Can't believe the amount of Friday night games they are giving us. Looks like I'll be flying solo for those games & leaving the rest of the family at home.

Jun 16, 2020
Munted
AFL Club
Richmond
Any word on whether they are continuing with this ballot nonsense for our next two home games against the bulldogs & cats?
Can't believe the amount of Friday night games they are giving us. Looks like I'll be flying solo for those games & leaving the rest of the family at home.
they said on radio that it should be 100% crowds in a few weeks like wa

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Seems unlikely given the league is trialling a system this weekend that will allow for 100% capacity. When it went to 75%, the aim was for 100% on ANZAC Day.
There will still be some differences to normal but no reason reserved seat holders shouldn’t get their seat at 100% capacity.

Back