#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Hopefully he can play full forward for the first 8 weeks. Not sure when brown or the weed will be back, and have heard Tom Mac has sustained a really bad cork on the weekend, which has caused a blood clot or similar.

Might be more details today.
More details to hand.

My mate has got this wrong, and grimesy has let him know in no uncertain terms that's not acceptable. Tom is fit as a fiddle.

Apologies, fellow dees.
I've only just seen both of these, so it was a real roller coaster ... Just as he's shown something that might suggest the old TMac is back, it would make perfect sense that he'd get injured ... still got this week i guess.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've only just seen both of these, so it was a real roller coaster ... Just as he's shown something that might suggest the old TMac is back, it would make perfect sense that he'd get injured ... still got this week i guess.
Yep, pretty much how I felt. This same mate has been a bit hit and miss- brown no chance, petracca contract extension.. few others too. For what it's worth he also said Oliver extension will be announced shortly.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yep, pretty much how I felt. This same mate has been a bit hit and miss- brown no chance, petracca contract extension.. few others too. For what it's worth he also said Oliver extension will be announced shortly.
Trade to Carlton confirmed then ...

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good mail in the industry that Paddy Dow will be at Richmond with his brother in 2022

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Good mail in the industry that Paddy Dow will be at Richmond with his brother in 2022
Interesting. If that happens he will inevitably become a valuable player, which is funny from the point of view of Carlton poster reactions I guess

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Apart from Hogan but he wasn't an aerial player, Luke Jackson's the most comfortable second year players I've seen in the air and ruck at Melbourne. He's not just there cause he's tall, he's actually really good in the ruck already and he competes very well in the air. He's gonna be a monster when he gets stronger.

TheBoss

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I hope he has a breakout game soon, it will do wonders for his confidence. He is showing very good signs for a 2nd year ruck prospect. The pairing with Gawn is great too, he has much more impact on the game with Jackson in the team.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apart from Hogan but he wasn't an aerial player, Luke Jackson's the most comfortable second year players I've seen in the air and ruck at Melbourne. He's not just there cause he's tall, he's actually really good in the ruck already and he competes very well in the air. He's gonna be a monster when he gets stronger.
I know there are small sections of the media talking about him, and they've rightly focused on Pickett, petracca, Oliver etc.

But what Luke Jackson is doing in the air, as well as on the ground, for a second year player is unheard of.

You'd have to go back to second year Jeremy Cameron to find a better output in my opinion. Even taking into account Cameron plays a different position, all the writing is on the wall that Jackson has THAT sort of game soon.

I know there are small sections of the media talking about him, and they've rightly focused on Pickett, petracca, Oliver etc.

But what Luke Jackson is doing in the air, as well as on the ground, for a second year player is unheard of.

You'd have to go back to second year Jeremy Cameron to find a better output in my opinion. Even taking into account Cameron plays a different position, all the writing is on the wall that Jackson has THAT sort of game soon.

It's only a matter of time before he starts clunking those contested marks he gets his hands to. When he does his output will explode.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have said it so many times but aside from kicking at goal I love how comfortable he looks at this level. Gathers and dishes off ground balls with ease, gets in the right positions etc. We won’t see it consistently for a couple more years but he is going to be a heck of a player.

Yep, he's so far ahead of your typical ruck prospect at such an early age.

The huge benefit has been to our structure. It's allowing Gawn to monster teams all around the ground.

Means he can keep developing at AFL instead of spending years in the seconds like so many young rucks do. We're already reaping the benefits and it will only get better.

Yep, he's so far ahead of your typical ruck prospect at such an early age.

The huge benefit has been to our structure. It's allowing Gawn to monster teams all around the ground.

Means he can keep developing at AFL instead of spending years in the seconds like so many young rucks do. We're already reaping the benefits and it will only get better.
This is why the Eagles were so good with NicNat and Cox isn’t it?

Anyone else noticed how much less we're getting sharked with Jackson in the side? I think teams are finding it way harder to plan for two ruckmen instead of one.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Anyone else noticed how much less we're getting sharked with Jackson in the side? I think teams are finding it way harder to plan for two ruckmen instead of one.
Because Jackson is already like a Nice Nat light, he serious becomes a midfielder at ground level the second the ball hits the ground.

Because Jackson is already like a Nice Nat light, he serious becomes a midfielder at ground level the second the ball hits the ground.
It’s as if Marlon Pickett was ruck sized!!!!

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Hard to believe we got kozzie and jacko in the same draft.

Help me out with what “getting sharked” means.

Back