Andrew Gaff hit on Brayshaw

Andrew Gaff's penalty will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly between the no case to answer for Heeney and the Cunnington clear its pretty odd.

You can get suspended for what would be deemed a "football" action now if it results in injury but an action with intent that is not a football action is fine, provided the other bloke doesnt get injured.
And depends who you play for/who was hit.

Hitting a fan favourite or a young kid is worth weeks, hitting a polarising figure is "that's footy"

Oh well looks like he has caught the Earl Hicky Karma bus to a nice little holiday anyway.
But seriously, a strike that breaks a hand doesn't warrant at least a look at????

Yup. If you hit someone hard enough to break your own hand, you've either hit them pretty hard, hit them on a hard spot on their body, or you can't throw a punch to save your life. In this case it was probably 2/3 or all 3

Sickening by McCartin.

I don't even think it's comparable to the Gaff hit as whilst I don't personally have an opinion on it one way or the other, it could probably be argued that Gaff wasn't actually aiming for Brayshaws jaw.

There's no doubt in what McCartin was aiming for.

More like Barry Hall on Staker than the Gaff hit
Could not agree more.

Should miss an extra few because he's legit had major concussion issues and is going around striking people in the head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

under rated how strong Gaff is - even big bad bazza doesnt hit that hard

( ahem, cough )

In a reserves game against St Kilda in 1997, Sam McFarlane from North Melbourne was struck in the jaw by forward Barry Hall and had to spend three days in hospital, where he had his jaw wired back together and three titanium plates inserted in his face, ending his career.

( ahem, cough )

In a reserves game against St Kilda in 1997, Sam McFarlane from North Melbourne was struck in the jaw by forward Barry Hall and had to spend three days in hospital, where he had his jaw wired back together and three titanium plates inserted in his face, ending his career.

fair enough - I’ll concede

Hall is as strong as Gaff

( ahem, cough )

I remember an interview years later, and I think he was still having effects from the Hall punch. At the time, some of our supporters who saw it couldn't believe how lightly Hall got off.

Back