Recommitted Darcy Fogarty [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would absolutely love this guy at the Hawks. Those saying he can't be a mid... a lot of his pre-draft games were him being that big midfielder. He dominated as well. At one stage he was in talks of being pick 1 cause he was so good and powerful (beautiful kick as well). Slipped down a bit due to injury in his last season before being drafted I believe.
I do agree he's probably carrying a little bit too much weight at the moment, if you could strip a bit off him I really think he could be a star in the midfield and resting forward.

Would absolutely love this guy at the Hawks. Those saying he can't be a mid... a lot of his pre-draft games were him being that big midfielder. He dominated as well. At one stage he was in talks of being pick 1 cause he was so good and powerful (beautiful kick as well). Slipped down a bit due to injury in his last season before being drafted I believe.
I do agree he's probably carrying a little bit too much weight at the moment, if you could strip a bit off him I really think he could be a star in the midfield and resting forward.

If hawthorn offered their FRP for Fogarty, you would have to seriously consider it if you were the Crows. Q

We at bomberland don't mind a forward who doesn't run and put pressure on.
With Hooker likely retiring come seasons end, Fogarty would step in nicely.

Strong hands, kicks straighter than any bomber i've seen since Lloyd.

It seems he is highly regarded with Nicks who has mentioned him recently in the press. I'd be spewing if we traded him or he asked for a trade but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. I expect he'll be offered a new contract before too long.

Ran PB's during preseason, so never been fitter.

Just needs to be given a decent block of games to come up to speed.

That's the worry for mine.

I said to a mate last year that he needs to get fit to be a chance to make it (and I didn't think he would).

He seems to have proven me wrong on the fitness front but he still can't get the pill which makes it hard to see where the improvement is going to come from.

He is an elite kick, but it takes more than that.

That's the worry for mine.

I said to a mate last year that he needs to get fit to be a chance to make it (and I didn't think he would).

He seems to have proven me wrong on the fitness front but he still can't get the pill which makes it hard to see where the improvement is going to come from.

He is an elite kick, but it takes more than that.
Need to be given more than 1 game in a row to prove himself & settled in a role.

It seems he is highly regarded with Nicks who has mentioned him recently in the press. I'd be spewing if we traded him or he asked for a trade but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. I expect he'll be offered a new contract before too long.

I doubt he'd sign it, why would he want to play another 12 months behind Walker. Playing him, Tex, Lynch and a 2nd ruck isn't sustainable and you'd think the coaches will wake up sooner or later.

I doubt he'd sign it, why would he want to play another 12 months behind Walker. Playing him, Tex, Lynch and a 2nd ruck isn't sustainable and you'd think the coaches will wake up sooner or later.
Would gladly take him and let him play FF for us.
If Hooker retires, we lose a strong marking, consistent kick. He'd be perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If hawthorn offered their FRP for Fogarty, you would have to seriously consider it if you were the Crows. Q

Lol Hawks aren't offering a top 5 (potentially top 3) pick for him.

Personally would love him. Not as a forward, but as a mid. Looks to finally have a bit of that mobility back he lost when he had the knee troubles under 18. Was running with Fyfe a bit on the weekend. If he can show more in the guts before now and the end of the year I doubt anyone will get the chance as the Crows will sign him up.

He doesn’t want to leave, is happy albeit a bit frustrated. Crows are open to offers.

Personally would love him. Not as a forward, but as a mid. Looks to finally have a bit of that mobility back he lost when he had the knee troubles under 18. Was running with Fyfe a bit on the weekend. If he can show more in the guts before now and the end of the year I doubt anyone will get the chance as the Crows will sign him up.
I'd bring him in as a forward.
If we can do temp rotations in the middle all well and good, but a forward line with him deep, Wright (and eventually Eyre/Baldwin) at CHF, and Stringer/Jones as the next set of talls is a good line up.

Also, i could watch his kicking for goal all day long. As opposed to the spray merchants we've invested in since Lloyd.
Fogarty + Waterman....dat goal kicking efficiency.....

Gunston wasn't enough lol. Fog would probably carve up at the Hawks.

He is starting to find himself.
Is the best set shot for goal in the AFL, so he makes the most goal wise from opportunities. He showed last week that he can play in the midfield and offer a point of difference to what other mids we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back