Preview Sydney Swans vs GWS, Saturday April 17 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now pessimistic about this match.

Proposals such as bringing in Melican and then moving Mills back because he lacks footy IQ make me sad.

fwiw I think Dawson and TommyMac have footy IQ and Lloyd clearly understands the system.

Proposals such as bringing in Melican and then moving Mills back because he lacks footy IQ make me sad.

fwiw I think Dawson and TommyMac have footy IQ and Lloyd clearly understands the system.
I agree.

Going back to last year's structure will stifle our willingness to play bold, "up the corridor" footy - it'll be back to conservative, around the boundary stuff.

Stick with what's working, until its no longer working.

I'd rather lose than throw Mills into defence.

Don’t be. At least not because of that. Despite all of our aspirations, none of us are on the selection panel.

#joelamarteyforfullback

We’re fortunate then that you’re not in a position of authority.

I'd be more comfortable with jgk getting less minutes. He'll just be a blockade on our fwd and back transition game.

Seems Rowbottom and Melican in for Heeney and Rampe makes most sense but that would require a reshuffling to some degree. I suspect Warner might lose some inside midfield minutes with Rowbottom back in and in turn he would shift to a HFF. I don't think Blakey will move to HFF unless another wingman (e.g. Stephens) comes in as the side is generally playing 3 wingmen - Florent, Blakey, McInerney sharing time atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, this year is still about development. Just as much about Melican & McCartin developing the backline as it is Mills developing in the middle.
Not now after this start....

Seems Rowbottom and Melican in for Heeney and Rampe makes most sense but that would require a reshuffling to some degree. I suspect Warner might lose some inside midfield minutes with Rowbottom back in and in turn he would shift to a HFF. I don't think Blakey will move to HFF unless another wingman (e.g. Stephens) comes in as the side is generally playing 3 wingmen - Florent, Blakey, McInerney sharing time atm.
I see this reshuffling as an advantage
- unpredictability of our line up,
- the flexibility of the players to play in a number of different positions
#GoBloods #bloods #ProudlySydney
AFL_2021_Bloods.png

Incredible to think we are looking at 5 wins in a row this week to start the season. Last year we only won 5 games for the year and in 2019 we won 8 from 22 games.

GWS are coming off a shorter break then us after a slog in the wet, so they could possibly be a little bit underdone, although they seem to trouble us more at the SCG then Giants Stadium and I still feel we haven’t mastered how to use the SCG to our advantage. Our new game style seems to benefit fast dry tracks e.g. MCG, Docklands, Perth and Adelaide, hence our terrific away record even in the past 3-4 years when we haven’t been at the top of our game.

If we come with the right attitude we should win by about 5-6 goals.

Changes: Rowbottom in for Heeney and Brand in for Rampe.

Not now after this start....
I strongly disagree, we're now getting some injuries which will show us how we're actually going. Do we fall into a heap should we lose Rampe & Heeney?

Also; Mills in the middle has been a big reason for our teams success with our start. We had him in defence the last 2 years and looked awful in the middle. We're not addressing anything should we move Mills back into defence. We're also not guaranteed to win just because we move Mills back there again.

Incredible to think we are looking at 5 wins in a row this week to start the season. Last year we only won 5 games for the year and in 2019 we won 8 from 22 games.

GWS are coming off a shorter break then us after a slog in the wet, so they could possibly be a little bit underdone, although they seem to trouble us more at the SCG then Giants Stadium and I still feel we haven’t mastered how to use the SCG to our advantage. Our new game style seems to benefit fast dry tracks e.g. MCG, Docklands, Perth and Adelaide, hence our terrific away record even in the past 3-4 years when we haven’t been at the top of our game.

If we come with the right attitude we should win by about 5-6 goals.

Changes: Rowbottom in for Heeney and Brand in for Rampe.

Just 9 more wins and we have our total from the previous two seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strongly disagree, we're now getting some injuries which will show us how we're actually going. Do we fall into a heap should we lose Rampe & Heeney?

Also; Mills in the middle has been a big reason for our teams success with our start. We had him in defence the last 2 years and looked awful in the middle. We're not addressing anything should we move Mills back into defence. We're also not guaranteed to win just because we move Mills back there again.

Having Mills play in a role where he's done well the last five years and then two young guns filling his shoes in the midfield isn't what I would consider to be falling into a heap...

Seems someone will lose some inside minutes out of JPK, Parker, Mills and Warner... now which one of these guys has been known to be a handy defender at a time when our defence is shaky? :think:
OR, which one is capable of moving forward and kicking a goal since we have lost our highest goal-scorer?

Having Mills play in a role where he's done well the last five years and then two young guns filling his shoes in the midfield isn't what I would consider to be falling into a heap...
Moving Mills into defence isn't falling into a heap. Moving Mills into defence, going back to our old ways and losing again is falling into a heap. One doesn't mean the other will happen but my statement about us falling into a heap wasn't purely focused around moving Mills into defence

Moving Mills into defence isn't falling into a heap. Moving Mills into defence, going back to our old ways and losing again is falling into a heap. One doesn't mean the other will happen but my statement about us falling into a heap wasn't purely focused around moving Mills into defence

What makes you think we'd go back to our old ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back