Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

Hi Team,

As you can probably guess the topic this week...

Matt & Keegan are back to talk about all things Gold Coast Suns after our 10 point loss to the Crows over the weekend and our curse in Adelaide continuing, Witts ACL injury and what it means to the team, how & why we lost to the Crows, who may have played their way into the VFL and of course, who polled in our unnamed podcast medal.

We also look forward to the Carlton game, who is going to come in, how important the Gorringe Cup is and our tips.

Thanks for the listens as well boys and girls. We reached 100 downloads this week across Google, Apple and Spotify which is fun as well :)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey Suns Fans!

We have a weekly blog over at FTP where we discuss and provide analysis on interesting developments occurring in the AFL each week.

One of the topics this week is Jack Bowes - We discuss his emergence as one of the best young defenders in the game and his impressive ability to use the ball efficiently and create space.

Would love to hear your thoughts as Suns fans!

https://footytalkingpoints.com.au/2021/04/07/ftp-3/
Spot on with Bowes review.

Round 7:

Collingwood v Gold Coast SUNS
Saturday May 1
1:45pm
MCG

Round 8:

Gold Coast SUNS v St Kilda
Saturday May 8
2:10pm
Metricon Stadium

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
LISTEN BACK: Gold Coast Suns mid-forward Ben Ainsworth @benainsworth9 joined us ahead of Saturday night’s Round 4 clash with Carlton Football Club at Metricon Stadium #RadioTAB #AFL

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Wil be Sean Lemmens 100th. game if you can believe that
100 of the hardest earned games you’ll see.
This is a guy that doesn’t have the largest amount of talent. But works his ass off with or without the ball.
He’s frustrated all of us at one point or another but can rarely fault the effort.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wil be Sean Lemmens 100th. game if you can believe that

I remember when he got knocked out in round22 in 2016 at Etihad stadium against Collingwood fiorini debut game

1f8ed88da152a6e0b124761c18bfc463.jpg

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sean Lemmens brings a tear of joy to my eye when he snaps an opponent in half.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
David Swallow

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
100 of the hardest earned games you’ll see.
This is a guy that doesn’t have the largest amount of talent. But works his ass off with or without the ball.
He’s frustrated all of us at one point or another but can rarely fault the effort.
The only thing lemmens has really ever lacked is kicking skills.

physically he ticks all the boxes, quick, strong, agile and a good size for a small defender

mentally has it; good leader for the younger boys, loyal and he’s even overly courageous sometimes

even his decision making is usually pretty solid, he just occasionally lacks the skills to pull off his kicks.

glad we persisted, great clubman and I actually thought he’d been in our best each week so far.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The only thing lemmens has really ever lacked is kicking skills.

physically he ticks all the boxes, quick, strong, agile and a good size for a small defender

mentally has it; good leader for the younger boys, loyal and he’s even overly courageous sometimes

even his decision making is usually pretty solid, he just occasionally lacks the skills to pull off his kicks.

glad we persisted, great clubman and I actually thought he’d been in our best each week so far.
I think he's made massive improvements recently.

I think his main trouble in the past had been decision making when he didn't have the ball.

One of the highest free kicks against players for some time. Just charging in with no caution. Not good when playing on small opportunistic forwards who are the best in the league at throwing their head back for a free kick. Seems to have massively improved that aspect of his game with age.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pretty obvious observations by Whiting and most of us. Everybody can see it. It's not like that coaches and players don't know it. See Swallow's view in his interview yesterday on SEN. Players are well aware that they should be less conservative and take more risks. Players will learn from it. Will it take a couple of games or the whole season?

Greenwood presser was also telling. Players are well aware that they did not execute and butchered the ball. All are frustrated. According to Greenwood they don't know why. How you fix it is the question. I guess it's down to practice (Dew claims the team did the work), learning from tape, and personally I believe most important is to instill the confidence and encourage the players. It's probably mostly between ears.

I suspect we would be more advanced if we had Hodge with us like Lions had.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
It’s the same issue we’ve had for years.
Moving the ball into the f50.
Anytime they get over half way you can see they look up and all that’s in front is a wall of defenders so they reset and go side ways.
Which doesn’t help either..

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In the last quarter when Izak took the ball at half back/wing and carthorse Jones was manning the mark I'm screaming at him , take him on Izak-there were maybe a couple of players between them and the goals .He just stood and waited and waited and waited and waited-then kicked down the line.I said the same thing as posted above to my boys-I'm sick of honest efforts, if we're going to lose this I'd rather we did it trying to win not trying not to lose

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

Hi Team, *Just a note off the top, Matt's computer decided to go down about an hour before we were due to record, so he used his phone for this episode and there may be a few audio issues. We hope to have that sorted next week.

Matt & Keegan talk about yet another close loss to the Blues at Metricon, why can't we kick the ball? Are Dew's tactics the right way to go? Should we still play night games at Metricon? Should we begin looking to the future already and moving some players onto the 'do not play again list'? Our 3,2,1 and looking ahead to our game against the Bulldogs this weekend for the Jarrad Grant cup.

The podcast is also up across iTunes, Google Podcast and Spotify :highbrightness:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back