news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing you just said has anything to do with Mcgregor going back on his promise to pay charity money and then saying the fights cancelled like a ******* 15 year old lol. It literally doesn't matter than he donated a small portion of his 100 million dollar boxing purse once, it's a ******* tax write off lol.
The point is when it comes to charity work...he's done so much good for others it far outweighs any negative.

But people choose to focus on the negative. A negative that we don't know all the facts to yet and I'd bet that donation still finds it's way to Dustin's foundation.

If you don't believe me regarding the things McGregor has done for others.....GOOGLE is your friend.

The point is when it comes to charity work...he's done so much good for others it far outweighs any negative.

But people choose to focus on the negative. A negative that we don't know all the facts to yet and I'd bet that donation still finds it's way to Dustin's foundation.

If you don't believe me regarding the things McGregor has done for others.....GOOGLE is your friend.
Again, completely irrelevant if he bails on paying Dustin's charity.

Ive no doubt hes done a tonne of work, all of that is fantastic and i always spruiked that in spite of the public persona Conor was always generous and a good ambassador for the sport.

This particular instance is pretty indefensible though, he comitted to donating $500k, he detailed what he understood to donating too. Dustin called him out for not doing it and his response thus far has been childish.

I say this as a Conor fan, unless he wants to give more details to why he didnt donate and why he didnt follow it up hes the badguy here.

Ive no doubt hes done a tonne of work, all of that is fantastic and i always spruiked that in spite of the public persona Conor was always generous and a good ambassador for the sport.

This particular instance is pretty indefensible though, he comitted to donating $500k, he detailed what he understood to donating too. Dustin called him out for not doing it and his response thus far has been childish.

I say this as a Conor fan, unless he wants to give more details to why he didnt donate and why he didnt follow it up hes the badguy here.
His side of the story is clear.....whether people wanna believe it or not is up to them.

He has credits in the bank regarding charity work and it's not like he's short for cash.

His side of the story is clear.....whether people wanna believe it or not is up to them.

He has credits in the bank regarding charity work and it's not like he's short for cash.
Hahaha Jesus Christ.
Which of the 2 is notorious for making up s**t all over twitter.

Hint it's not Poirier

You're comparing McGregor to Epstein?
By decree of espousing large charitable donations above all else - you yourself implied that makes for a better person than any of us... Or does it just imply that it absolves Conor from any guilt, wrongdoing or scrutiny for ghosting a charity a 500K donation - i'm genuinely not sure what you were trying to imply here:

McGregor has donated & helped more people than Dustin or any of us could do in 10 life times.

But he's the arsehole because of others self reflecting of their own insecurities.

MY point was - being a multi, multi millionaire that donates to charity doesn't reflect good character any more than somebody that's not filthy rich that donates to charities.

No its not. Hes saying he wanted to know what the money was being spent on, he already detailed HIMSELF what he knew the money was going to, if wants more details or whatever then he needs to clarify it.

Dustin has also pointed out that his team continued to follow Conors team up to no avail.

Hes not even trying to spin it at this point hes just walked away from the comittment and double birded the world.

No its not. Hes saying he wanted to know what the money was being spent on, he already detailed HIMSELF what he knew the money was going to, if wants more details or whatever then he needs to clarify it.

Dustin has also pointed out that his team continued to follow Conors team up to no avail.

Hes not even trying to spin it at this point hes just walked away from the comittment and double birded the world.

So because you believe everything Conors team says, you believe the fights off now? And Conors retired 4 times?
No I don’t think the fight is off but even if it was.....so what. He doesn’t owe Dustin another bout and could fight any ranked lightweight.
Someone else posted this already

View attachment 1102341

He knows where it’s going, it’s been 3 months since the fight and Dustin is saying Conor’s team isn’t responding (none of which Conor is refuting).
Where he knows and where it actually goes are two different things.

500K doesn’t hurt McGregor’s bank account but it’s still a large amount of money to give away.

No I don’t think the fight is off but even if it was.....so what. He doesn’t owe Dustin another bout and could fight any ranked lightweight.

He begged him and the UFC for the rematch, I'm sorry mate but this is some weird sycophant posting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where he knows and where it actually goes are two different things.

500K doesn’t hurt McGregor’s bank account but it’s still a large amount of money to give away.

He signed a contract so he kinda does actually owe the UFC and Dustin the fight.

"Where he knows and where it actually goes are two different things."

... What? He clearly had discussions with Dustin about where the money was going cause those are HIS words. The argument was that if he doesnt know where the money is going he shouldnt donate it. Now youve changed your tune to... whatever this nonsense means.

He begged him and the UFC for the rematch, I'm sorry mate but this is some weird sycophant posting
Begged...

The other guy had the opportunity to fight for the Lightweight Belt and even mentioned doing a 3rd fight in his presser right after the 2nd fight just finished.

So the fight is off is promotional talk now (ive never understood how you sell a fight by threatening not to take a fight but thats just me).

I suppose the donation is also promotional talk?
Like you said contracts been signed...so what more can it be?

It got traction on twitter and mma media.

Like you said contracts been signed...so what more can it be?

It got traction on twitter and mma media.

Contracts can be broken. My comment about the contract being signed doesnt mean it must go ahead, more than Conor would owe the UFC and by extension Dustin money if it didnt (you said he didnt "owe" them a fight, which is just incorrect)

How does threatening to walk away from a fight generate interest in it? "Jeez i cant wait to see whether this fight actually happens or not".

Conor is generally very good at the promotional stuff, this just isnt very savvy.

Man, you know its the internet when you find someone who has never and will never even be in the same room as McGregor, let alone meet him defend him like its your own blood and flesh.

Conor is being a knob plain and simple. He could be the love child of Gandhi and mother Teresa (although this may prove difficult, but she wouldn't be the first nun to get knocked up) but even if you are a good person, when you act like a knob a don't keep your word when it could help people, expect some fallout.

Man, you know its the internet when you find someone who has never and will never even be in the same room as McGregor, let alone meet him defend him like its your own blood and flesh.

Conor is being a knob plain and simple. He could be the love child of Gandhi and mother Teresa (although this may prove difficult, but she wouldn't be the first nun to get knocked up) but even if you are a good person, when you act like a knob a don't keep your word when it could help people, expect some fallout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back