Remove this Banner Ad

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I'm quite evidently in the minority here in thinking that is god awful. Can't get past the 12 second mark

'And the cup goes up!' is a banging line which would translate brilliantly to a crowd, similar to 'yellow and black!'.

But like you I just can't warm to the song. Most of it isn't too bad but I just can't get past that lame 'Freo, Freo'. It sounds so limp and weak.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
The troll caught plenty of bites.
Stop feeding it.
Madas please stop it.
Bit confused here sorry ?
Are you saying I am an intruder troll or those individual posts were directed to illicit negative responses ?

In my defence they were my observations and I'm entitled to them .
In hindsight perhaps my comments on Cerra were clouded by the supposition that it feels like he will leave ( which pisses me off but I'll get over it ) so subliminaly I'm seeing him back out of some contests or take the easy road . I haven't had a chance to rewatch the game but probably should , I think he was quiet in the first half so maybe I was stuck there ??? . They were my thoughts at the time ( maybe should keep them to myself like I have for the past 26 years . )

I hadn't been to a live game of AFL for 2 years and unfortunately can only get to a few games a year so I'm no regular judge , looks very different on Tele . Also in my defence the majority of comments I make on BF I think are fairly positive?

Also noted you disagreed with my comments about crowd support .
This I standby . Huge room for improvement.
When the small sample of opposition supporters sounds louder than our entire stadium , there is a problem.

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
Oddly enough, this guy rates our song third behind Richmond and Port Adelaide. I thought OK, this is just one guy but if you read through the comments there are lots of people who rate our song highly. Obviously the rusted-ons will say theirs is the best, but it does make you think.

Maybe we just get into cringe mode because we hear so many Eagles supporters telling us what rubbish it is. Listening to this guy's top 10 I think ours stands up really well - I'm going to lose the cringe and sing it loud and proud.

I don't mind the current song over the stadium's PA system, but it never fails to fall flat when the lads sing it in the rooms after a win. There's no hook - just the chorus twice and they're done. No passion and no energy to it.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
All footy club songs are varying degrees of lame. It's in their nature.

Plenty are just rehashed tunes from the early part of the 20th century, with some cheesy bragging bravado lyrics on top.

I'm always a little surprised people have any sort of strong reaction to them either way, beyond mild disdain and/or Pavlovian attachment.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
That would be pretty ******* rich coming from Bon Jovi
Hey Mr Jovi, what was that last hit about?
Bon Jovi, "Who knows, we just add our topless band photographs to the album booklet, sit back, and let the middle-aged women pay for our jets!"

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Whilst Tool are awesome, proficiency isn't the only thing that matters.
Well let us talk lyrical composition, song structures, live sound, stage atmospherics...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
My point was music taste is subjective. You can be brilliant technically but nobody is under any obligation to like what you are doing.
Indeed it is, but in my case, technicality and musical proficiency enrich the enjoyment.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Sure, and many agree with you (including me). I also know people who might say things like "The Edge is the best guitarist in the world".
... and they'd be wrong! :p I'm just being cheeky. You're right, the arts are subjective in all respects.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well let us talk lyrical composition, song structures, live sound, stage atmospherics...

Bon Scott was a poet of the highest order. Some balls are held for charity, some for fancy dress, but when they're held for pleasure, they're the balls I like best. AC/DC live sound (volume and clarity) is second to none. Their array of Marshalls is a sight to behold. And stage atmospherics? Giant blow up dolls, cannons, bells, flames, and Angus of course. Come on! Some/most of the greatest songs of all time are very simple in structure. Love Tool as well.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Bon Scott was a poet of the highest order. Some balls are held for charity, some for fancy dress, but when they're held for pleasure, they're the balls I like best. AC/DC live sound (volume and clarity) is second to none. Their array of Marshalls is a sight to behold. And stage atmospherics? Giant blow up dolls, cannons, bells, flames, and Angus of course. Come on! Some/most of the greatest songs of all time are very simple in structure. Love Tool as well.
To each their own, but I prefer the untouchable sound of a 1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst running through Mesa cabinets and gritty, Diezel heads! Also, whilst I appreciate Bon Scott, I'm not sure his lyrics can be pondered on multiple metaphorical levels of deep philosophy.
Anyways, seeing you enjoy Tool, here's some tone nectar!

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
My point was music taste is subjective. You can be brilliant technically but nobody is under any obligation to like what you are doing.
So true. My example is Cold Chisel, whenever I have seen them in concert or read about them there is no dispute that Ian Moss is the talent of the band. But when he tours by himself it is to very limited audiences, it may not be fair but a lot of people identify or a drawn to Jimmy Barnes who IMO is nowhere near as talented.

Back