Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

”God bless our native land North Melbourne, North Melbourne.
Out we come, out we come,
Out we come to play,
We train so hard, we play the game,
We must win every day.
Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourself today,
North Melbourne's boys are hard to beat,
When they come out to play.
So join in the chorus and sing it one and all,“

Even their sing is depressing.
Is that really their song? Thank dog I’ve already taken my anti-depressant for the day... it’s a wonder that all their supporters aren’t alcoholics or drug addicts.

It's not just Shiel, though. Even during their cheating, they had no issue keeping most of the players on the same page and getting them in.

If they're a sinking ship, I want their PR team at Carlton. A sinking ship shouldn't be able to get passengers.

They're like us in that they rarely have players leave. Solid media opportunities, sponsorship dollars and 'after football opportunities' from wealthy patrons, plus big crowds at big grounds.

Is that really their song? Thank dog I’ve already taken my anti-depressant for the day... it’s a wonder that all their supporters aren’t alcoholics or drug addicts.

Part of it. I should have just posted the whole thing as it gets worse.

”Hearts to hearts and hands to hands,
Beneath the Blue and White we stand, we shout,
God bless our native land North Melbourne, North Melbourne.
Out we come, out we come,
Out we come to play,
We train so hard, we play the game,
We must win every day.
Lots of fun, heaps of fun, enjoy yourself today,
North Melbourne's boys are hard to beat,
When they come out to play.
So join in the chorus and sing it one and all,
Join in the chorus; North Melbourne's on the ball.
Good old North Melbourne, they're champions you'll agree,
North Melbourne is the team that plays to win for you and me
!”

I can’t see Harry sitting around and going, “holy s**t, my brother is there already. So why not join him.”

There it is.

Right on queue Dram.
OFFS... I haven’t mentioned Barker except as a passing reference to discussions had in a thread about him and in reference to when we would look at changing coaches. I haven’t said anything that he’s actually the one who is being looked at to be gotten rid of (although it wouldn’t surprise me if he was). In this thread, I mentioned a number of coaching staff who I thought would be safe and I purposely didn’t mention who I thought were in the barrel.

Talk about taking things out of context.

This is pretty much Betts final year before he moves into his off-field role on a permanent basis. Smurph will be looking his the end of his career as well, he’s playing ok football atm, but he’s slowing down and he knows it. He, like Betts, still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

if we could get Cunners on the field for more than a couple of games at a go, he could be the HFF we need. Then there is also Charlie McKay who can play midfield and forward. Parks definitely fills the peripheral talls part, we need more players like him.
Any idea how much Murphy's is being paid this year?

Barker?

No issue with a fresh voice/approach
I listed out who I thought would be safe come then end of year. There are a couple who I think aren’t safe. Naturally, the person you mentioned is one who I think isn’t safe.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OFFS... I haven’t mentioned Barker except as a passing reference to discussions had in a thread about him and in reference to when we would look at changing coaches. I haven’t said anything that he’s actually the one who is being looked at to be gotten rid of (although it wouldn’t surprise me if he was). In this thread, I mentioned a number of coaching staff who I thought would be safe and I purposely didn’t mention who I thought were in the barrel.

Talk about taking things out of context.

Not in this thread but other threads.

Around the Grounds thread a few days ago for example - "Why is John Barker still employed at the club"

I know how much you love Barker.:p

How is Philp going anyway - seems to be the invisible man. Doesn't seem to be much media or info on him.
Was injured in the preseason, hip/groin, has just returned back to the VFL in the last couple of weeks and is supposedly building back to match fitness. AR has commented positively on his speed/power or something like that when he was mentioned in the injury reports about a month or so ago.

Not in this thread but other threads.

Around the Grounds thread a few days ago for example - "Why is John Barker still employed at the club"

I know how much you love Barker.:p
Yes I don’t like him as an assistant. But I haven’t said why is Barker still employed at the club in the around the grounds thread... in the game day threads, yeah, I’d say it there... but not when talking about other teams.

Yes I don’t like him as an assistant. But I haven’t said why is Barker still employed at the club in the around the grounds thread... in the game day threads, yeah, I’d say it there... but not when talking about other teams.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back