Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:

ark69

Draftee
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
i'v thought the same.

some local folks who gather at the local reserve were having a moan about an overhead drone.
wondering what they were used for and their capability, i chatted with the young drone operator.
a nice kid, he told me all about his drone and went on to say it was a very recent aquisition, an insurance replacement for his previous drone which had been stolen by some local thugs after they'd first given him a serious beating. hmm
imho
When you say local thugs that interests me. I be

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty obvious explanation. His wife finds out he's been having a multi-decade affair. Goes to the Rebels to hire a hit man. They're a little more competent this side of the Nullarbor.

I'd be curious what the police have investigated re mobile phone tower data. I can't imagine there'd be many entry points to the area in question or that many people using those towers.

...or any competent hit man who lacked the foresight to leave their mobile at home

imho

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty obvious explanation. His wife finds out he's been having a multi-decade affair. Goes to the Rebels to hire a hit man. They're a little more competent this side of the Nullarbor.

I'd be curious what the police have investigated re mobile phone tower data. I can't imagine there'd be many entry points to the area in question or that many people using those towers.
So the suburban house wife just happens to know a couple of rebel bikies.. or did she just knock on their clubhouse door and ask for the nest available hitman....

webbo_83

Senior List
May 29, 2006
Neerim South
AFL Club
Richmond
I've spent a bit of time in the area over the years (skiing and snowshoeing mainly - by myself and as part of groups), and it's all very puzzling. It is really, really remote and once you're out of view of a clearing then it's very easy to get confused. I've gone multiple days without seeing any evidence of any other human life, and then all of sudden there are people camping 10m away from you when you wake up in the morning. I've been in the proximity of the button man's camp many times but have never seen him. Occasionally I've woken up and there's been evidence (I.e. footprints or ski tracks) that someone has had a look around a campsite, but strangely enough it's only been when I've been part of a group rather than by myself. There are some people out there who have chosen to live completely off the map, and generally I try and give any 'permanent' camps a wide berth. The deer shooters are a bit of a hazard, but most that I've met are pretty careful.

I never carry a weapon besides a utility knife that has 100 uses that come ahead of plunging it into a person!

Also, in terms of the column inches this story gets and whether it's the 'scandal' element or not, I know friends of Ms Clay's family and they have been making sure it stays in the media as much as possible. Everyone in her family knew that she was in a relationship with Mr Hill.

Searchers have brought cadaver dogs in over Easter to keep looking but I'd be gobsmacked if they found anything at this late stage.

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
That seems very out of the blue. Unless they're acting on information that hasn't been made public, it seems a bit random to bring in cadaver dogs to mount a fresh search when they presumably haven't narrowed down the search area beyond a large radius around their campsite. If there'd been a discovery of property or clothing at a specific location to suggest they might be nearby or if there was a new tip on a sighting that police found credible then sure have another search but it's pretty random.

Plus kurve's already hit on the obvious problem. Bringing in cadaver dogs to try and smell decomposition to locate 2 bodies that have likely been skeletons for months now. Without a more specific location identified, it just seems like a waste of everyone's time to me

Wombot

Senior List
Mar 3, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
That seems very out of the blue. Unless they're acting on information that hasn't been made public, it seems a bit random to bring in cadaver dogs to mount a fresh search when they presumably haven't narrowed down the search area beyond a large radius around their campsite. If there'd been a discovery of property or clothing at a specific location to suggest they might be nearby or if there was a new tip on a sighting that police found credible then sure have another search but it's pretty random.

Plus kurve's already hit on the obvious problem. Bringing in cadaver dogs to try and smell decomposition to locate 2 bodies that have likely been skeletons for months now. Without a more specific location identified, it just seems like a waste of everyone's time to me
And if they were put into sleeping bags then they could have been bundled into a vehicle and disposed of at a different location. They may have even been torched like the crime scene. The fire was likely lit to destroy DNA evidence after all.

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
After watching the program I'll put my money on..

Russel finishes conversation on the radio and decides to fly drone with the remaining light left, Drone goes over someone or people are who not happy with the drone being flown in the area. It's now dark and the couple are approached at their camp, possible already in their tent and sleeping bags. The discussion about the drone gets out of hand (his mate on the program said he could be stubborn and wouldn't take crap). They both are murdered and put in their sleeping bags and the suspects burn the camp and leave in a vehicle with the bodies.

And all of this happens before midnight.
Yeah case closed I reckon.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone heard Andrew Rule’s latest podcast?
Found it interesting that the constant articles and media releases are stirring things up to get people talking and they are monitoring certain phones that were linked to the Wonagatta region during the same period.

Not sure if the link below will work or not

100% that’s what police want.. hasn’t seem to work so far, lots of media at the moment.. they might know who they think it just lack evidence

Couldn’t be possible for 2 random shovels being found in a place they targeted to search, interesting to hear how the possible found the location, about 80km from campsite.
anybody know the distance with a car etc?

You can apparently take a bit of time off by cutting across on the Dargo High Plains road which isn't all sealed, it's an access route that's about 75km long. From Wonnangatta to that turn off doesn't look very far. It's nearly four hours going around the other way on the Great Alpine Road.

Couldn’t be possible for 2 random shovels being found in a place they targeted to search, interesting to hear how the possible found the location, about 80km from campsite.

They have information off someone I think that sent them to the right area? Without specific information, nobody would think 'Wonnangatta' let's have a look on the side of a hill on Mt. Hotham.

Which means they might be close to actually finding their bodies.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
They have information off someone I think that sent them to the right area? Without specific information, nobody would think 'Wonnangatta' let's have a look on the side of a hill on Mt. Hotham.

Which means they might be close to actually finding their bodies.
yeah agree, just curious i suppose how they found the info, phone taps etc.?

Back