Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone care to notice the part where I told you about the person third in line to the presidency using her position to profit multiple times just this year?
I did but I assume you'd drop that in the Biden or aftermath thread. Also sounds like some sort of Fox News torturing of the truth.

I did but I assume you'd drop that in the Biden or aftermath thread. Also sounds like some sort of Fox News torturing of the truth.
To me, it is a massive problem with their political class. It was a problem when Purdue and the other Georgia lady did it, it's a problem when Pelosi did it.

That you're initial reaction is that it must be a distortion of the truth by the evil other side might be a hint that it's time for us all to take a step back. This wasn't a problem now that Biden is in office, it has been an issue for a while. Their politicians get into power rich and leave stinking rich. Their presidents have to put their investments into blind trusts to avoid a potential conflict of interest but those with privileged positions elsewhere don't.

It's not a Biden thing. It's not a Trump thing.

If it was a problem when the republicans sold their shares when they were briefed on covid but not now - that's what this thread is about.

I'd just like it all to stop, politicians shouldn't be lining up their post political careers in lobby groups or other private industry during their terms either, potentially influencing the votes with those employment positions to come.

The corruption potential is off the scale.

It's the result of years of *******tery from Trumpies. Happy to read about it in the appropriate thread.

We might need an entirely new thread called "The business of politics/corruption".

And it sounds like you've got some PTSD where the T might stand for Trump without that reducing the impact of the stress. Understandable. The entire market over there is saturated with business interests pushing their political interests under the guise of pushing the interests of the people, there was an expose released just in the last day or so where CNN officials admitted to manipulating content and coverage to work against the president at the time, now they get special access to the new administration.

It's turmoil over there designed to keep people divided and it works. Imagine if we all collectively realised that it's not a racial issue, it's a class one. There is a group of rich and a swathe of poor and outcomes for each are very much the same regardless of your race.

When you look at their politics through that prism, that the elite class are seeking to keep the discussion about race and not about the social structure they both created and profit from, then you see the song and dance for the show it is.

I'm assuming we are all part of the not rich group.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ultimately if the politicians don't have integrity then it doesn't really matter if the election does, does it?

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Back to those armies of political operators electioneering and giving out gifts in polling lines, please.

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Back to those armies of political operators electioneering and giving out gifts in polling lines, please.
Can you appreciate the link between the stuff I was posting about the NRA influencing elections with direct interactions, political corruptions and this subject?

Or do I need to slow down?

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Can you appreciate the link between the stuff I was posting about the NRA influencing elections with direct interactions, political corruptions and this subject?

Or do I need to slow down?

You didn't post that. You posted a Salon link about MAGA enthusiasts strutting round with guns and intimidating voters, while making vague unreferenced claims about the NRA.

Post a link on the NRA stuff and I'll read it. I look forward to the part where people were happy to flip their vote for a bottle of water and mars bar, its about all the NRA can afford these days I guess.

You didn't post that. You posted a Salon link about MAGA enthusiasts strutting round with guns and intimidating voters, while making vague unreferenced claims about the NRA.

Post a link on the NRA stuff and I'll read it. I look forward to the part where people were happy to flip their vote for a bottle of water and mars bar, its about all the NRA can afford these days I guess.

Found it.

This is scraping the surface of groups who directly influence elections.

If the people ever figure out that it's not left v right, it's power v people then their push to disarm their population will really make sense. They have the people most in need sleeping in a tent in the backyard of their mansion and they don't really want them having guns because eventually they will smell the roast cooking inside and come and get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Found it.

Thanks, I read the whole thing. It mentions this Stampede mob have been involved with the following activities; poll watching, intimidation, getting a party on the ballot against their wishes, and door knocking. None of that has anything to do with what we're talking about, and from what I've read none of it will be stopped by the new legislation (happy to be corrected on that if you wanna cite some specific provisions).

You can try to broaden this out all you want. Hell I agree re: the examples you've posted, but its not what I've been posting about and not what you initially waved off as a nothing.

The specific language around food and water is bullshit. Yes its part of a larger set of restrictions, but its obvious that this specific one is purely designed to make time waiting in line a bit more unappealing, and I suspect you know that.

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Found it.

Except this is already illegal, and nobody has said it shouldn't be illegal.
I don't think so. It's a vehicle for the issue. In all respects.
Outside of the Dems wanting to make it easier to vote, what "vehicle" are the Dems pushing with this?

You do realise there would be a simple solution? Ensure polls are sufficiently staffed so that wait times are low. Except, whey then are the Republicans cutting polling stations, cutting avenues to vote early, cutting funding for polling booths? Funny hypocrisy there.

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Did anyone care to notice the part where I told you about the person third in line to the presidency using her position to profit multiple times just this year?
I went and looked into this, and it appears that this is misleading. Microsoft has been going up generally and lots of people have got on. The share price didn't jump in response to the government contract, which although a big number is less than 2% of annual revenue for Microsoft. So the market didn't move in react to this news.

So unless you can show that they somehow benefited from inside knowledge, this appears to be false/fake outrage. Not at all the same as what happened with the Republican senators.

I went and looked into this, and it appears that this is misleading. Microsoft has been going up generally and lots of people have got on. The share price didn't jump in response to the government contract, which although a big number is less than 2% of annual revenue for Microsoft. So the market didn't move in react to this news.

So unless you can show that they somehow benefited from inside knowledge, this appears to be false/fake outrage. Not at all the same as what happened with the Republican senators.
The share price has gone up 10% in the two weeks since the deal was announced, I'm assuming the speaker of the house is briefed on government spending.

Take a look at her buying of Tesla before the US government issued a directive to go electric too.

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
The share price has gone up 10% in the two weeks since the deal was announced, I'm assuming the speaker of the house is briefed on government spending.

Take a look at her buying of Tesla before the US government issued a directive to go electric too.
The share price has been going up all year. You're trying to claim that 2 weeks of improvement were down to a single announcement shows a significant lack of understanding of what happens. If the deal was a major event, the share price would have jumped.

The share price has been going up all year. You're trying to claim that 2 weeks of improvement were down to a single announcement shows a significant lack of understanding of what happens. If the deal was a major event, the share price would have jumped.
Is +10% higher or lower than the rest of the market between 30th March and 16th April?

So this contract that is worth 2% of the yearly has boosted them 2% above the average of the rest of the market.

Interesting.
Correlation or causation?

What their competitors do in that time? How much did Google grow in that time? Apple? Amazon? IBM? Cisco? Oracle? VMWare?

I don't know any of this, but it's probably a broader view of the market than just a big government contract.

Correlation or causation?

What their competitors do in that time? How much did Google grow in that time? Apple? Amazon? IBM? Cisco? Oracle? VMWare?

I don't know any of this, but it's probably a broader view of the market than just a big government contract.
Are we looking for a reason that a person in a position of influence and privileged information buying into a company about to benefit from government decisions is not a big deal?

It's ok if Pelosi is a corrupt swamp creature. I expect all of them are.

Back