Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's been awhile(maybe since Robbo) where we've had a player consistently having 4 or 5 shots on goal a game. He's a ripper. Looked to get in more dangerous spots on the wknd too. He's such a tough matchup.

Him and Hogan.
Club was vindicated a million times over. I'm all for blokes doing whatever the fu** they want in their spare time but youd wanna be good atleast.
This! I rekon Dusty would get pretty messy pretty often (especially during off season) but he never lets it affect his on field performance.

TIngay probably up there but I'd still give the edge to Watts just. Both guys excellent on both feet.
Travis Johnstone had an amazing kick and Yze was great too. Watts probably the best I've seen.

Travis Johnstone had an amazing kick and Yze was great too. Watts probably the best I've seen.

Yze loses points with me coz he only had one foot.

Johnstone was very good.

Peter Vardy a very underrated kick also, He was excellent on both sides. One of my favs.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
This! I rekon Dusty would get pretty messy pretty often (especially during off season) but he never lets it affect his on field performance.
Heard Dane Swan talking at a GF lunch about how he takes Dusty over to the states for 'special conditioning training' in off-season each year. So I'd say that's a fairly safe assumption!

Agree, time to remove the question marks from the title TheCount "Slick" has been 100% approved and confirmed I think 👍
Along the lines of every player being 27 and Will Minson’s value this is

I don’t even really remember Tingay other than walking around after a game saying Tingaaay like the commentators did, it I think they did.

One of the best kicks on the run at full pelt that I've ever seen. He'd drill passes 50m no higher than a few metres off the ground, not to mention one of the toughest wingman going round, he was a maniac for the ball. . Real shame he couldn't stay fit towards the end of his career.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wish Fritta would find the gym occasionally, and grow some shoulders and arms.
They might just come in handy in springtime.

At 188cms tall, and a poultry 82 kgs weight, he could use another 5kgs of muscle to even get to weight for height.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
TJ was Watts before it was cool lol. Bloke would be s**t for 15 minutes and then he'd casually pick the ball up and drill a goal from 50 against the boundary on the wrong side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TJ was Watts before it was cool lol. Bloke would be sh*t for 15 minutes and then he'd casually pick the ball up and drill a goal from 50 against the boundary on the wrong side.
It has never been cool to be Watts. The ‘tanking’ game says everything about TJ’s career. Guy could have been anything.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
His ability to handle the ball in poor conditions was amazing, never seen a guy pick the ball up one handed under pressure so often.
In full flight he was an absolute joy to watch. But he only had 2 top 10 best and fairest finishes for us. That's embarassing for a bloke so skilled.

It's why I'll never s**t on Jonesy, if half the players on our list cared as much about improving and their own personal performance as he did during the 2000-2006 era we might actually have won something

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Speaking of commentators attempting to force cringey nicknames onto players - was just rewatching our win over the cats down at skilled in what was also ANB's first game.
Sandy Roberts called him 'Scratcher' almost everytime he touched the ball. Not sure if Alex was a late in or something(?), but the other commentators werent humoring Sandy on it at all, and the cringe is real.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Speaking of commentators attempting to force cringey nicknames onto players - was just rewatching our win over the cats down at skilled in what was also ANB's first game.
Sandy Roberts called him 'Scratcher' almost everytime he touched the ball. Not sure if Alex was a late in or something(?), but the other commentators werent humoring Sandy on it at all, and the cringe is real.
Maybe reference Robert "scratcher" Neal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back