who was the worst player to win a brownlow medal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Nah, Priddis has Woewodin covered across his career.

He did go runner up the year after winning it too...
I was less shocked with Priddis winning the Brownlow he was good solid player not flashy but did his job most weeks & was consistent.

Shane Woewodin was a huge shock that he won although did have a good year & never showed that form again.

its so ******* obviously Jobe you morons.

Disgraced plodder who stole one.
Pretty dumb comment

Watson was a star, if it wasn't for injuries he wod have had about 4 AAs

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty dumb comment

Watson was a star, if it wasn't for injuries he wod have had about 4 AAs

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Its dumb to point out that a drug cheat should have zero claim on a Brownlow medal?

Or that Gil is a gutless flog for letting him keep it and lying every time he is asked about it ?

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I was less shocked with Priddis winning the Brownlow he was good solid player not flashy but did his job most weeks & was consistent.

Shane Woewodin was a huge shock that he won although did have a good year & never showed that form again.
Woewodin was lucky to win but I think most people seem to forget just how good he actually was that year compared to the rest of his mediocre career.

Priddis is the least talented player to win it but he was a hard and consistent worker not to mention a good bloke.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Cant be any worse than Jobe Watson and I don’t even mean because it got stripped.

I just think Tom & Sam Mitchell, Trent Cotchin, Adam Cooney, Mat Priddis, Jimmy Bartel, etc.. are better than him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Falcons
Jobe Watson is big footy's answer to Donald Trump.

The campaigner has been retired for 3 years and we can't stop talking about him. Living in your heads rent free.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Jobe Watson is big footy's answer to Donald Trump.

The campaigner has been retired for 3 years and we can't stop talking about him. Living in your heads rent free.
Is it rent free though? He brings joy to my otherwise dull life. I can't speak for everyone, but I feel like he's paying.

Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Falcons
Is it rent free though? He brings joy to my otherwise dull life. I can't speak for everyone, but I feel like he's paying.
He certainly brings gravitas to the position of "special" comments in the commentary box, I think its funny in a sad kinda way, but I certainly don't let it interfere with the normal functioning of my life like others

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
It has, and always will be, Shane Woewodin. I think even he was surprised he won it

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No one knows what impact TB-4 had if any, so Jobe should be excluded from these discussions.

Also, Cooney is a wrong answer.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Woewoedin is interesting. Debuted late (20y 258d), retired early (29y 45d), only played 9 seasons but still managed 200 games. 24 votes in his Brownlow year and 12 votes 3 years later out of a career total of 57 votes. Only polled in 25 games in his career.

Didn't he get votes for a 10 disposal game?
Didn't get votes in a 10 disposal game in his Brownlow year, but did get 3 votes for a 19 disposal game (19 disp, 5 marks) in a game in which 40 goals were kicked.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I feel like Woewodin's best couple years, Priddis at least doubled that in his productive decade. I was a fan of both of them when they won, so personally I was pretty thrilled. Aker was another nice surprise. Given the maligning that hung around Priddis, it was a bit funny, but he also wasn't undeserving and was by then a proven vote threat.

If talking the individual season, then maybe Wanganeen, but across his career he was quite special, a genuine matchwinner when he wanted to be.

Shane Woewodin.

Why?

I say because he is the only winner I know of who never made an All Australian team. Not once in a 200+ game career! :eek: :eek:

Apologies if there have been others. They too should be considered for a nomination for this title.:)
The inaugeral and only winner of the Kouta Medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back