Analysis Statistically Speaking

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I realise that was confusing. Yep, that's what I was asking, whether or not we have access to the data that combines for the score or just the final product of pressure acts score.

Hmm, that would be tougher. We can work out the points for things that have a specific points total, like kicks, handballs, marks, goals, tackles, hitouts etc. Then the balance of the total points will be for other actions that have multiple levels of points allocated.

It would take a Champion Data subscription to drill down that deep. Their watchers are basically calling that pressure act as it happens and giving it a grading.

I just want to highlight Doc for a second because I think he has started to hit his straps again, and I want to compare him to Saad in a few metrics just to show his impact. Doc currently averaging in his first month of footy 546.5m gained and 7.2 Rebound 50’s. Some of the highest averages in the league. He’s also been fairly efficient in disposal (81.5) despite some howlers. This quantitative data is showing what we are seeing.

Saad in comparison on average has gained 465.2m with 3.5 Rebound 50’s.
I’m not completely surprised by these, but it’s just showing how much movement and ground Doc is starting to cover again and regaining some form. Saad has more intercepts and three times the inside 50’s nearly. With Saad’s attacking mindset this makes total sense.

These two as a half back tandem has been great so far and Saad to me even hasn’t 100% showcased his best footy yet despite some very good games. At 27 and 28 nearly, I would love for us to capitalise on having Doc and Saad in terms of making finals. I’m proud of Doc and how he’s come back from adversity to do what he’s doing. Both key against Port on an MCG deck this week.

I just want to highlight Doc for a second because I think he has started to hit his straps again, and I want to compare him to Saad in a few metrics just to show his impact. Doc currently averaging in his first month of footy 546.5m gained and 7.2 Rebound 50’s. Some of the highest averages in the league. He’s also been fairly efficient in disposal (81.5) despite some howlers. This quantitative data is showing what we are seeing.

I’m not completely surprised by these, but it’s just showing how much movement and ground Doc is starting to cover again and regaining some form. Saad has more intercepts and three times the inside 50’s nearly. With Saad’s attacking mindset this makes total sense.

These two as a half back tandem has been great so far and Saad to me even hasn’t 100% showcased his best footy yet despite some very good games. At 27 and 28 nearly, I would love for us to capitalise on having Doc and Saad in terms of making finals. I’m proud of Doc and how he’s come back from adversity to do what he’s doing. Both key against Port on an MCG deck this week.

I agree with you, and I really saw how much improvement Doc has made against the Gold Coast. He was more aggressive defensively and reading the play far better to get back to save the day. Maybe he is feeling a little better in his body or we are giving him better matchups on game day so he can mind his man and provide cover.

I agree with you, and I really saw how much improvement Doc has made against the Gold Coast. He was more aggressive defensively and reading the play far better to get back to save the day. Maybe he is feeling a little better in his body or we are giving him better matchups on game day so he can mind his man and provide cover.

I think some games showcased last year that he wasn’t feeling confident in his body, his match up on Geary last year and how he struggled so much didn’t make sense ability wise. I don’t think you’d see that again from Doc. These two as a duo give us great balance of attack and defence upon exit and the stats are providing that context for us. But the beauty of Docherty and Saad is their ability to play offense or defence to high standard either way.

Also could be that the balance of the back 6/7 might be better now? Parks comes in, Samo playing a little higher and more aggressively, Weiters FB, Jones CHB, more natural roles for Doc, Saad & Plow, etc.

Pretty cool to see several of our players in the top 10 of multiple league stats:

Goals - McKay #2
Score Involvements - McKay 4th, Cripps 17th
Disposals - Walsh 4th
Contested Possessions - Cripps 5th, Walsh 18th
Marks - Docherty 3rd
Tackles - Fogarty 15th (another 2 and would be equal 8th), Cripps 19th one tackle back
Work rate in attack - LOB 3rd

Also the team overall:
Total Possessions - 4th
Disposal Efficiency - 8th
Marks - 7th
Total distance covered - 2nd
Average speed in attack - 3rd
Goals - 8th
Behinds - 6th
Efficiency inside 50 - 5th

Need to improve team tackles where we are 17th!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure this is as much of a concern as many seem to think.

Have a look who the other sides are in the bottom 4 of that statistic. All sides are in the top 8, one of whom has won 3 of the past 4 flags.

Pretty cool to see several of our players in the top 10 of multiple league stats:

Goals - McKay #2
Score Involvements - McKay 4th, Cripps 17th
Disposals - Walsh 4th
Contested Possessions - Cripps 5th, Walsh 18th
Marks - Docherty 3rd
Tackles - Fogarty 15th (another 2 and would be equal 8th), Cripps 19th one tackle back
Work rate in attack - LOB 3rd

Also the team overall:
Total Possessions - 4th
Disposal Efficiency - 8th
Marks - 7th
Total distance covered - 2nd
Average speed in attack - 3rd
Goals - 8th
Behinds - 6th
Efficiency inside 50 - 5th

Equal 1st for clearances

HOW YOUR TEAM STACKS UP (Inside 50 rate from kick-ins)

1. Sydney Swans: 37.3%

2. Geelong Cats: 31.4%

3. North Melbourne: 29.4%

4. Port Adelaide: 27.5%

5. Fremantle: 27.5%

6. Gold Coast Suns: 25.5%

7. Hawthorn: 25.5%

8. West Coast Eagles: 23.5%

9. GWS Giants: 21.6%

10. Adelaide Crows: 21.6%

11. St Kilda: 19.6%

12. Essendon: 17.6%

13. Carlton: 17.6%

14. Western Bulldogs: 17.6%

15. Brisbane Lions: 13.7%

16. Melbourne: 13.7%

17. Collingwood: 11.8%

18. Richmond: 7.8%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bryce Gibbs was king of the ineffective corralling.
Would jog along beside the player and just allow them time and space to look at their options with no perceived pressure.
We see it a lot in todays game dont we and surprised to see corralling is actually classified as a pressure act .
Cuts the angles forces a player to kick wider or to a non prefered position .
But the player still has plenty of time to dispose of the ball which is not what i would call pressure .
Pretty ineffective in forcing a direct turnover if the opposition dont have turnover merchants like we do .

Total intercept marks:

1. Liam Jones 22
2. Darcy Moore 20

Total intercept marks:

1. Liam Jones 22
2. Darcy Moore 20

Chance of being picked in the AA squad

1. Darcy Moore 200%
2. Liam Jones 2.2%

:mad:

To be fair, Darcy Moore offers quite a bit of attacking flair as well as pure stopping. Nice to see Jones up his game in this area over the past couple of weeks.

Chance of being picked in the AA squad

1. Darcy Moore 200%
2. Liam Jones 2.2%

:mad:

To be fair, Darcy Moore offers quite a bit of attacking flair as well as pure stopping. Nice to see Jones up his game in this area over the past couple of weeks.
Interestingly Moore has come under the pump for the amount of possessions his opponents are getting. Story is starting to change on whether he actually defends

Interestingly Moore has come under the pump for the amount of possessions his opponents are getting. Story is starting to change on whether he actually defends

Yeah. Despite being over 200cm, he probably plays as much like Docherty as he does like Weitering.

Damn fine player though.

When Newman is fit instead of going back and upsetting the backline cohesion I’d like him to play opposite wing to Cottrell.

Think it could be a very dynamic part of our game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back