Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did hodge and fatboy Mitchell get traded for again.
Here’s a clue - nowhere near pick 30
Yeah, good point, tho Higgo probably has more good footy left and the motivation to win a flag before he retires.

Could well be worth it. I like the way Lazzarro plays from his highlights.
I like Lazzaro's chances of making it. Just looks like another solid mid in the Dumont mould. I'd value adding another hundred game player over keeping Higgins. Being able to trade away a guy we got for free for a second round pick is smart list management to me. He'll be long done before we're going for our next flag.

I might get shouted down for this but I think Phillips will pretty much replace Higgins in the professionalism stakes and has a much greater scope in terms of leadership. Some might not agree that a 18y/o can do this but he's so similar to Rowell who helped bring GC up this year with the competitive edge he brought to the club.

I like Lazzaro's chances of making it. Just looks like another solid mid in the Dumont mould. I'd value adding another hundred game player over keeping Higgins. Being able to trade away a guy we got for free for a second round pick is smart list management to me. He'll be long done before we're going for our next flag.

I might get shouted down for this but I think Phillips will pretty much replace Higgins in the professionalism stakes and has a much greater scope in terms of leadership. Some might not agree that a 18y/o can do this but he's so similar to Rowell who helped bring GC up this year with the competitive edge he brought to the club.
I'd say Charlie has a lot more upside than Froggy - has a few more tricks and smarts than Froggy. That's no knock on Froggy - I reckon Charlie will be pretty decent.

I'd say Charlie has a lot more upside than Froggy - has a few more tricks and smarts than Froggy. That's no knock on Froggy - I reckon Charlie will be pretty decent.
He probably has more athleticism for a start. His agility test was record breaking wasn't it?.

The kid is into psychology too. If he really wants to make it that might help.

out for between 4-8 weeks with his broken thumb. hmmm not great news for Shaun and no laughing matter. as we were not going to sign him for 2022, it does seem we made the correct call.

good job North
Plausible. I think he’d be incredibly valuable around a young group of lads.

Plausible. I think he’d be incredibly valuable around a young group of lads.
Was a very good leader off the field and at training. It's so bizarre that we have such an atrocious injury list and that the two players we traded out are both injured too.

That's what you have good coaching support for, shouldn't be relying on aging footballers to lead the way.
Higgins is there to play football.

Also he's not doing the tenth placed Cats much good.
Yea, hard to disagree however we are a tad thin on the ol soft cap and coaching support. We had a player that will be involved in footy post his career. Nevermind, he’s onto greener pastures anyway.. good luck to the deepest voice in footy

Yea, hard to disagree however we are a tad thin on the ol soft cap and coaching support. We had a player that will be involved in footy post his career. Nevermind, he’s onto greener pastures anyway.. good luck to the deepest voice in footy

Well I reckon the coaches we have now are better than the shitmen we had, so sometimes quality over quantity as someone once said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back