Jobeism

Remove this Banner Ad

In his head he was choosing between standard operating procedure and modus operandi, couldn't decide in real time so just mashed them together.

Sometimes mashups can be a beautiful thing, but this is not one of those times.
Yeah, he really opened a Pandora's floodgate of worms with his call

He’s terrible. Joins a long list of ex players Ch 7 use that do not have the basic personal skills to do the job: articulate, quick thinking, knows how and when to be succinct, right timbre of voice.

Amazing that for such a highly sought after job, this is the best ch7 can find. Surely there are people with the right skills and experience?

Interesting that Kirk and McAdam didn’t last long but peanuts like Richo, Ling, Darcy, Taylor all keep their jobs. I bet they keep Jobe around too.

I now just time shift the games and put the volume down low enough i can block out most of the commentary. I then fast forward all the pre game, quarter time breaks. Much more enjoyable I gotta say. So well done ch7!

Yeah, he really opened a Pandora's floodgate of worms with his call

At first the Jobe-as-commentator thing really annoyed me as it's one of the more blatant and unpalatable example of jobs of the boys in a sport that is rife with them; but now I'm actually looking forward to what he does next. I hope he embraces it and makes entertaining word manglement (he should use manglement as his next made up word) as his stock in trade.

At first the Jobe-as-commentator thing really annoyed me as it's one of the more blatant and unpalatable example of jobs of the boys in a sport that is rife with them; but now I'm actually looking forward to what he does next. I hope he embraces it and makes entertaining word manglement (he should use manglement as his next made up word) as his stock in trade.
I'm using manglement in team meetings from now on
I want to have a 'word of the broadcast' contest with Jobe the man who has to deliver. I'd love to see him try and get 'photosynthesis' into the special comments somehow.

yeah looking forward to on the fly off the wall improverising interpretating of bona fide, footballer-cum-commentator, non secateurs...

(and so I can keep this thread going !!!)

Reminds me of Captain Blood. His commentary was awesome back in the day. Didn't make much sense, but it was entertaining.

It's a disgrace that channel seven employs a convicted drug cheat and someone that glassed a woman as part of their commentary team, especially with neither of them showing any remorse. No surprise they also are supporting someone accused of war crimes. Stokes is up there with his IPA mates Murdoch and Reinhart - absolute cancers on this country.

I'm using manglement in team meetings from now on
I want to have a 'word of the broadcast' contest with Jobe the man who has to deliver. I'd love to see him try and get 'photosynthesis' into the special comments somehow.
how about..

Well this goal review is certainly taking a veeeeeeery long time...c'mon in this day and age how long does a photosynthesis take ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel7 should lose the AFL media rights after such a appalling hire.

Surely he's not getting paid?

I thought Tim was just making him do it for free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back