VFL 2021 VFL Season, (Player Review Post #230)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chance of getting any decent coverage is slim. Kayo to do two games a week leaving nine uncovered. If Rugby Australia can manage to get ten club games broadcast live per week it really does show how far behind the times the VFL broadcast is

I vaguely remember reading something about broadcasting a local game each week, so Vic, Qld, NSW. Not sure if that was 7 or Kayo. If that’s the case I don’t expect many ‘pies games to be shown.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
So four games still seven games that will never see the light of day
There are 176 VFL games this season over 19 rounds so an average of 9.2 games a round.

Hopefully there are four games a week broadcast even in rounds with reduced matches, cause that would at least mean 40% of games available to stream which isn't too bad in my opinion, or least its a step in the right direction. I'm completely on the same page with you though that SANFL is what we should be striving to emulate. SANFL even does all the U19s.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
There are 176 VFL games this season over 19 rounds so an average of 9.2 games a round.

Hopefully there are four games a week broadcast even in rounds with reduced matches, cause that would at least mean 40% of games available to stream which isn't too bad in my opinion, or least its a step in the right direction. I'm completely on the same page with you though that SANFL is what we should be striving to emulate. SANFL even does all the U19s.
And SANFL reserves it costs like $50 a season to sign up. Great value, you have the option of also just buying a single round

We only had a few games on 7 or youtube in 2019, so this is a step in the direction of more coverage.

It’s possible that the 3 free Kayo games are to test the size of the market and whether or not it’s financially viable to move to a paid model with more matches.

Chance of getting any decent coverage is slim. Kayo to do two games a week leaving nine uncovered. If Rugby Australia can manage to get ten club games broadcast live per week it really does show how far behind the times the VFL broadcast is

Local Leagues do Better

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Hopefully there is a Ch 7 game as well to bring it to 4
There is according to this:
1618292262702.png

Kayo have this for the weekend:
1618293503522.png

1618293555650.png

So we miss out this time, sadly!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We only had a few games on 7 or youtube in 2019, so this is a step in the direction of more coverage.

It’s possible that the 3 free Kayo games are to test the size of the market and whether or not it’s financially viable to move to a paid model with more matches.

VFL should’ve been a part of the TV deal last time. Fox footy could easily fit every VFL game in. Likewise Kayo.

Guaranteed there is a market for VFL. And the standalone clubs could do with the tv rights revenue

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only way would be Youtube.

NEAFL use to do it
Stan does all the premier club rugby games in NSW and Qld. Premier grade rugby both men’s and women in Victoria is broadcast live every game over FB

The SANFL runs it own league pass, you can either sign up for an entire season or buy it round at a time. That does SANFL, SANFL reserves, SANFL under 18s and SANFLW.

Cricket aus broadcasts for free every shield and one day cup game as well as the WNCL and some pathway cricket.

It is so achievable

Wonder what that's meant to mean?! Hopefully something to do with filming/providing video of our games.

That what it sounds like but what they Actually do we wait and see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back