Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Wack him in the midfield he can win the ball and delivery is bang on , do NOT put him in starvation corner ,worst idea ever
Against guys like Steele etc Baker has no chance being thrown inside. He's giving away 10cm and 10kg to most, he'd struggle.

Baker is same size as Prestia , he essentially plays mid type role off HB just never goes into cbd . I’ve noticed sides are trying to exploit him in the air by trying to dob it up with some flight , he still contests well but can only do so much . FP is hardly a key role, Its occupied by players that can’t play mid for peanuts, they just say so in pocket profiles . Baker can easily knock up 20p plus , our FP would need a fortnight to achieve that

Shorter and listed as 10 kg lighter.

Would get hammered in the middle.

Upgrade on Aarts if pushed fwd

Play this guy as a small forward he'd easily be our best one by next week.

We can cover him down back but our small forwards are trash.
Is it just me or has Dimma been reading Bigfooty as I felt like I saw Baker more in the front half than usual? I hope to see it a lot more.

Was he lining up wing ?
At times I think yes. I definitely saw him more around our 50 arc than recent weeks. It's a good sign, it wouldn't surprise if they keep Mansell down back more to use Bakes up the ground. I'd like to see Baker even further inside 50 close to goal at times too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

178739630_10159248894713276_4121466296529873347_n.jpg

I am just greatful that we have better recruiters in WA than WCE and Freo. What a bunch of morons. So many of our gun players are late round WA picks.

I remember when we picked him we were all saying who tf is this midget, we don't need anymore short people

How wrong we all were, we needed this midget

Shorter and listed as 10 kg lighter.

Would get hammered in the middle.

Smaller than Meatball, but he's comparable in size to Shai. Not to mention two of our greatest mids in history - KB, who was 2kg heavier, 2cm taller, or Flea who was 3cm shorter and 2kg lighter.

I guess you could argue that they were from a different era and therefore the comparison is not valid, but I'd tend to place more emphasis on the fact that they played in an era where it was legal to literally bury your opponent - and plenty tried to bury both. Every game Baker throws himself willingly into physicality which is no tougher than a midfield gig.

As Twain said:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. ;)

Play this guy as a small forward he'd easily be our best one by next week.

We can cover him down back but our small forwards are trash.
Gets me frustrated this.
How many times does it have to be told that our smalls are not there just to kick goals.In fact its a bonus.
Pressure Pressure Pressure is our system and their all part of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back