2021 AFL Membership Tracker / Figures

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, but I believe some clubs did roll them over IIRC. In any event the premier is not going to have much difficulty signing members for the next year.

We were far more amenable to re-signing than would normally be the case after receiving nothing tangible for our outlay.

Most of these are irrelevant numbers anyway, without a proper breakdown of 3 game, Home, and Home and Away membership it doesn’t really mean much.
Correct, Because of that, particularly 3 game memberships, the numbers mean absolutely and totally SFA. I wouldnt be surprised if alot of clubs, including mine, just flat out bullshit.

Buy a 3 game membership, get 6 games. They are still one membership though.

There is a reward for remaining a member last year in that you can give away a free membership to someone who has never had one. That isn't for all members though, only those with 11 game memberships or more. For instance, I pay for 3 memberships but only mine generated a free one. I haven't actually used it though so maybe many others haven't either.
I haven't used mine either.
What will be interesting is to see next year if the free memberships turn into paid memberships. At least it helps the club get in touch with supporters who haven't taken out memberships

Correct, Because of that, particularly 3 game memberships, the numbers mean absolutely and totally SFA. I wouldnt be surprised if alot of clubs, including mine, just flat out bullshit.
As long as you spend $50 on a membership cough Adelaide cough, it counts as a membership by the AFL. I think that's fair and reasonable, as opposed to just signing up for the mailing list and claiming 160,000 members.

161852305718644645856078b3b1052bd_desktop.png

There is a reward for remaining a member last year in that you can give away a free membership to someone who has never had one. That isn't for all members though, only those with 11 game memberships or more. For instance, I pay for 3 memberships but only mine generated a free one. I haven't actually used it though so maybe many others haven't either.
Do you know if they count the free membership in the tally?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigerwill wasn't mentioning about upgraded memberships buy 3 and we'll upgrade you to 6 games, It's the free memberships that won't be counted when the AFL do their audit. Carlton clearly says the extra membership is on us. How many given for FREE that remains to be seen, maybe a few hundred, maybe thousands. Nonetheless, Cain Liddle bringing over Richmond's membership marketing strategies to the blues and the numbers are looking good...

free.jpg

Tigerwill wasn't mentioning about upgraded memberships buy 3 and we'll upgrade you to 6 games, It's the free memberships that won't be counted when the AFL do their audit. Carlton clearly says the extra membership is on us. How many given for FREE that remains to be seen, maybe a few hundred, maybe thousands. Nonetheless, Cain Liddle bringing over Richmond's membership marketing strategies to the blues and the numbers are looking good...

View attachment 1104081

I actually mentioned this in the post you quoted but you left it out. I don't know how many will be taken up. I know plenty haven't as yet despite multiple reminders.

I actually mentioned this in the post you quoted but you left it out. I don't know how many will be taken up. I know plenty haven't as yet despite multiple reminders.

My apologies, I just replied to the first part, should've read it all silly me. Only available to 11 game members got it..
That's why I said it remains to been seen how many have utilised the free membership option, i.e few hundred or a few thousand.

I don't know why clubs sprook membership numbers when it is revenue from memberships which matter ..........

Numbers get sponsors interested as it demonstrates reach and engagement. The more numbers, the more exposure your sponsors get for their money. Its why the contact information attached to the membership is important.

If anyone has the time and energy it’d be interesting to see club membership tallies line graphed over the last 20 years. It’d put current numbers in perspective, especially the likes of GC.

The revenue from membership the age did a while ago would be interesting to see updated (surely there are several journos on these boards, get it done, you can link it to covid blah blah David Hasslehoff etc etc)

If anyone has the time and energy it’d be interesting to see club membership tallies line graphed over the last 20 years. It’d put current numbers in perspective, especially the likes of GC.

The revenue from membership the age did a while ago would be interesting to see updated (surely there are several journos on these boards, get it done, you can link it to covid blah blah David Hasslehoff etc etc)

its a pretty confusing line graph with 19 clubs. heres a table for you.

Ehc2lB7VgAAH9WJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back