Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

I know it's bad and I definitely drink too much, even now but the number of those big sessions is declining.
It's just how social things exist these days but I admit I'll just keep kicking on instead of knowing when to call it.
I had a liver function test a few years back and had some issues, had a blood test months back and it was pretty decent news so it's a start.
The results were better than expected for cholesterol, etc as well. I'm pretty lucky to not have other medical issues but the weight/BP was a massive wake-up call.

I'm a bit silly in that I'll pass on a drink at the pub or a family event or at dinner, but when there is an event at a mates or mine, I'll drink far too much.
That's a whole other topic though..
I try and make every second drink a non-alcoholic one if I go out. It's not perfect but you still get to drink with mates and have fun, you just feel a bit less s**t the morning after.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
I try and make every second drink a non-alcoholic one if I go out. It's not perfect but you still get to drink with mates and have fun, you just feel a bit less sh*t the morning after.

Yeah, good point. I should even try to just throw water in every now and then to hydrate a bit more and slow down the drinking.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Yeah, good point. I should even try to just throw water in every now and then to hydrate a bit more and slow down the drinking.
Mate and I were at a bbq and drinking 1 for 1 (so i thought)

I got blind drunk and hungover AF and he was 100% fine.

He later told me after he finished his first few stubbies he filled it with water while no one was looking so he could still look like he was drinking beers and not feel weird about drinking water.

Ends up I had about 20 of the 24 from the slab sneaky bugger

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

He later told me after he finished his first few stubbies he filled it with water while no one was looking so he could still look like he was drinking beers and not feel weird about drinking water.

See I find that incredibly weird he had to disguise the fact he was drinking water in the first place.

And kind of sad. And stupid. And infantile. Do what you ******* want to do, who the hell gives a s**t.

Mate and I were at a bbq and drinking 1 for 1 (so i thought)

I got blind drunk and hungover AF and he was 100% fine.

Ends up I had about 20 of the 24 from the slab sneaky bugger

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think that's where it is, sums it up in a nutshell.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
See I find that incredibly weird he had to disguise the fact he was drinking water in the first place.

And kind of sad. And stupid. And infantile. Do what you ******* want to do, who the hell gives a sh*t.
There was an ad campaign a few years back trying to normalize not drinking. You genuinely do usually need an excuse at an event. Standard question of “why aren’t you drinking” usually followed by “you driving or something”

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Had the pleasure of working so hard in the gym last night and then playing indoor cricket after (that's normal for my Wednesday) and then being a bit sore in a few areas and then not having a pulled/overly-sore muscle setup today :) this is my indication I've pushed the perfect amount.

There was an ad campaign a few years back trying to normalize not drinking. You genuinely do usually need an excuse at an event. Standard question of “why aren’t you drinking” usually followed by “you driving or something”
Im assuming this is a guy thing cause ive never had to explain not drinking tbh

I would if not for this wind. Its arctic like
Played golf in this recently. was not great.
IMG_5468.jpg

It seems to be a cultural thing, in company to be drinking an alcoholic beverage.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
Had the pleasure of working so hard in the gym last night and then playing indoor cricket after (that's normal for my Wednesday) and then being a bit sore in a few areas and then not having a pulled/overly-sore muscle setup today :) this is my indication I've pushed the perfect amount.

Yeah, I weirdly enjoy that bit sore feel after gym. That overly sore/pulled feel is ****ed.

Sunday?

You must really like golf.

i do.

Caught a mate throwing drinks away once when we were young, even though we seen him doing it still denied it. I'm like dude I don't give a sh*t if you want to stop but I dont earn enough money to have booze tipped into the garden.

thats where its at. Youre right to be displeased. But he felt the need to pretend to be on the p1ss

Back