Club Mgmt. 2021 Membership Thread - Final tally 81,662 members!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's amazing how much easier it is to take your money than to give it back when they make a mistake.
True. Bit of a joke really.

Does anyone know how the ticket transfers will work? My brother who is a member with me, transfers his ticket through the online system to my partner when he can't go.
Will that still be doable?
I'd imagine you just use his barcode and buy the ticket for your partner, can't see you'd have an issue. If anything probably makes it easier.

Last year, was my tenth year. I got an iron-in patch several months after the end of the season.
This season, it is my wife's tenth year and she got: a patch, a lanyard, a beanie, a cap and a scarf.
The quality is average compared to previous years but I don't mind the member scarf (which is not available online).

Hello Bombers, sorry to intrude.

How are you guys finding the ticketing format for your home games at Marvel?

I don’t know if your memberships worked like the Dogs’ this year...but basically we paid a reduced membership fee and then each game we pay $10 when booking to secure our seats.

We are noticing that members are being forced into selecting seats that may not be the most desirable. So when the tickets go on General Sale Ticketmaster still have the best seats available to sell.

This seems completely unfair to those who are the most ardent supporters of their club and the AFL as a whole.

I’d be interested if other supporters are experiencing this issue. Hopefully something can be done about it if there’s enough angry voices.

Thanks for any help.

Hello Bombers, sorry to intrude.

How are you guys finding the ticketing format for your home games at Marvel?

I don’t know if your memberships worked like the Dogs’ this year...but basically we paid a reduced membership fee and then each game we pay $10 when booking to secure our seats.

We are noticing that members are being forced into selecting seats that may not be the most desirable. So when the tickets go on General Sale Ticketmaster still have the best seats available to sell.

This seems completely unfair to those who are the most ardent supporters of their club and the AFL as a whole.

I’d be interested if other supporters are experiencing this issue. Hopefully something can be done about it if there’s enough angry voices.

Thanks for any help.
I’ve got tickets a couple of times at marvel this year with a mix of reserved and GA memberships, haven’t had to pay anything just log in at the right time put in the barcodes and it will give me the choice of areas, if I pick the area that matches the level of membership then it’s free, otherwise you pay the difference.

The second time I was a bit quicker in the queue and got aisle 13, the first time I was slack I think it was aisle 37, both times the opposition fans were predominantly behind goal at the Lonsdale street end and in about 4 bays on the flank on level 3 (opposite end). If there were any on level 2 I didn’t see them...

I don’t think we’ve had public ticket sales at all at least once, after members at all three priority levels and away team members at 75% capacity there wasn’t anything left.

They seem to seat us like sardines in batches with a couple of empty rows in between groups of patrons so that I guess if someone tested positive it would just be those 4 rows between those two aisles that are close contacts. That might explain some seats not being available for sale?

Memberships were full price unless you let them keep your money last year, in which case I think you got to choose between rolling over the difference to a discount in 2021 or donating it and getting a free upgrade. So in my case I have a reserved seat for all home games and they threw in away access for 2021.

Membership up to 67,700 this morning. Up 2,500 since start of the week. Youthful promise, blue collar delivery and greater optimism around direction translating into early season performance probably driving result.

We’ve surpassed last years result and appear poised to pass 70,000 soon.

Given the offseason of discontent, these are promising signs and confirmation of a very loyal fanbase that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membership up to 67,700 this morning. Up 2,500 since start of the week. Youthful promise, blue collar delivery and greater optimism around direction translating into early season performance probably driving result.

We’ve surpassed last years result and appear poised to pass 70,000 soon.

Given the offseason of discontent, these are promising signs and confirmation of a very loyal fanbase that’s for sure.
People taking advantage of the half price deal and trying to secure Anzac Day tickets.

There is no pack this year unless you're a kid or in a milestone year
Define kid - If someone behaves like a kid do they qualify? There was a guy a few rows behind my old reserved seat that seemed to be fifty-something going on three.

Define kid - If someone behaves like a kid do they qualify? There was a guy a few rows behind my old reserved seat that seemed to be fifty-something going on three.
Has a kid membership

Not sure of the age cut off... pretty sure there are people scanning into games using child tickets when they're in their 30s or older...

Got a notification from AusPost this morning that I have something coming from the club. Since I haven't ordered anything recently I assume this is my signed jumper from Michael Hurley as part of the 2020 Membership offers if you pledged your fee to the club. If true, it's good to see he's back in enough health to sign guernseys, and for anyone else waiting on their jumper I guess it will arrive soon enough!

Interesting offer going at the moment.

$1 for the next two games, and then $21 a month for four months.

Basically a flexi 8 but with a trial period I suppose?

Got a notification from AusPost this morning that I have something coming from the club. Since I haven't ordered anything recently I assume this is my signed jumper from Michael Hurley as part of the 2020 Membership offers if you pledged your fee to the club. If true, it's good to see he's back in enough health to sign guernseys, and for anyone else waiting on their jumper I guess it will arrive soon enough!
was this club members only?
I have AFL and kept both memberships going. Not seen the 2021 pack yet either (not too bothered given the amount of plastic in it and i have tons of scarves)
Signed jumpers though :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back