Game Day AFL Round 5 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope it’s true so I know for sure I didn’t pick the absolute worst team to support.
You did ok. Got on the dees as they emerged out of the dumpster fire, just as Philly fall back into it. Good times

Man s**t like this reminds me of how we played under Neeld.

Saints aren't anywhere near as bad as that side but the way the players just stand there guarding space, confused about when they're supposed to go for the contest. I honestly don't think this is a problem with the players courage I think that they are trying to play team defence but don't connect with each other and are so far behind their opposition that they just focus on their own role rather than how they should be working as a team. It really shows how important leadership around the ground is, how great has Lever's direction of the backline and Max's leadership at stoppage this year.

Man sh*t like this reminds me of how we played under Neeld.

Saints aren't anywhere near as bad as that side but the way the players just stand there guarding space, confused about when they're supposed to go for the contest. I honestly don't think this is a problem with the players courage I think that they are trying to play team defence but don't connect with each other and are so far behind their opposition that they just focus on their own role rather than how they should be working as a team. It really shows how important leadership around the ground is, how great has Lever's direction of the backline and Max's leadership at stoppage this year.

Remember Langdons goal against the Saints in round 2? Gawn lining up and Langdon is just in the pocket, Saints defenders all just looking at him 15m away, and he strolls in and kicks the easiest goal. They look pretty broken at the moment.

Being a former mod has its benefits :devil:

Seriously though apparently this has come about from the stupid thread calling Max King a bust and the mods pick now to enforce that rule?

And I know how shitful herding the cats can be after Avatar-gate.
Man after 186 it was insane. Normally there would maybe 50-100 people on the board after a game but there was like 1000 and everyone was trolling, the rest were melting like the world was ending.

There’s no way Hill should retain his spot in the side after that insipid display. He didn’t even pretend to be trying. Mick Malthouse this morning says the first thing he’d do is drop him and read everyone else on the list the riot act. What does Ratten do? The exact opposite. Backs Hill in at the presser, says he’ll pick him again and glosses over the pathetic efforts of others. Sometimes you’ve got to risk your ‘good bloke’ status among the playing group and reach for the blowtorch. This was one of those moments for Ratts but it appears he doesn’t have the bottle for it. Or lacks the intelligence/understanding of human psychology necessary to be a truly successful coach. He was a pretty courageous player himself so my guess would be the latter.

Last edited:
i hate st.kilda, taking plenty of pleasure from their decrepit performances. All their fans are feral, walking into the shithole that is marvel stadium is like walking into Arkham Asylum but every second person has no teeth, is in a mobility scooter and is screaming their head off. Don't @ me i'm right.

I remember Rossy Lyon dropping Dal Santo and Milne to shake up the group. Got em to the GF the very next year. He had that expression kill one to teach 100 or whatever
Trolley problem? Sacrifice one to save many.

Or proverb: kill one to warn a hundred.

I like the principle of it.

All the talk of the St.Kilda board's rules made me want to have a look at our own.

So for now the rules are: If you act like a flog, you'll be treated like a flog. This means the flog gets flogged.

Love this board.

All the talk of the St.Kilda board's rules made me want to have a look at our own.

Love this board.
That’s about as far as we got and it worked pretty well.

Don’t be a flog, flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this board.
We do kind of need to update that with something. Crimson stuck that there years back as a stopgap while I put something together which I haven’t yet. Thing is, I’ve gotten quite attached to CA’s rules

We do kind of need to update that with something. Crimson stuck that there years back as a stopgap while I put something together which I haven’t yet. Thing is, I’ve gotten quite attached to CA’s rules
How hard is it?

Don't be racist

Don't get triggered by Topkent's "the guy you hate to love" posting style

Don't swing by after a loss

Don't ever listen to anything Sugar Healy or Dr Whoooo say

Don't be born after 1990

How hard is it?

Don't be racist

Don't be born after 1990
I do like the idea of some kind of Topkent specific warning for new posters

I mean it works

How hard is it?

Don't be racist

Don't be born after 1990
I forgot about Dr WHOOO

Sooo... Pies lose tonight and the sh*t will really start to fly .
Yeah I forgot there was a potentially funny one tonight. Inclined to think Eagles get this one pretty emphatically

All this talk of the big NicNat v Grundy clash. Every time it’s mentioned they should be forced to acknowledge that it’s Max No.1 .... daylight .... then those two. NicNat has taken 5 marks for the season so far. Gawny averages 6 a game! Plus 8 more touches a game. Plus a goal a game (NicNat zero goals so far). It’s not even a discussion anymore.

How hard is it?

Don't be racist

Don't be born after 1990

If only our club was as good at footy as Topkent is at playing devils advocate to literally anything on here and pissing me off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back