Who is the best shooter of all time?

Who is the best all time shooter in NBA history?

• Jason Kapono

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Penberthy

• Nikola Jokic

• Terry Mills

• Mark Price

• Kyle Korver

• Mike Miller

• Dale Ellis

• JJ Redick

• Brent Barry

• Antoine Walker

• Total voters

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
You were obviously hand checked to the head when you were born.

I have to assume you're some clueless child using sh*t like "LMFAO".

Nobody with a brain uses that crap.

Nobody with a brain argues that Steph couldn't possibly be the greatest shooter ever.

Laughing My F##king A#se Off

Is that better Princess?

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
How many players and pundits from both eras don’t think he’s the all time greatest shooter?

I’ll wait.

I'm still waiting for you to address the fact that he plays in a time where all the rules are designed to make it easier to score.

It's no secret the NBA has done all it can to make is easy for players to get open and make close checking defence a thing if the past.

How do you think Steph would handle a lot of physical play and hand checking?

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Nobody with a brain argues that Steph couldn't possibly be the greatest shooter ever.

Laughing My F##king A#se Off

Is that better Princess?

No you're still a child.

Discuss hand checking and how that would make it much easier to stop Steph and make it harder for him to get shots off.

Were you even born when they outlawed it in 2004?

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
No you're still a child.

Discuss hand checking and how that would make it much easier to stop Steph and make it harder for him to get shots off.

Were you even born when they outlawed it in 2004?

Yes i was

I agree rules have been made to help scorers/shooters since then

We will never know how Steph would have faired against those teams

Steph is still by far the Greatest

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes i was

I agree rules have been made to help scorers/shooters since then

We will never know how Steph would have faired against those teams

Steph is still by far the Greatest

So then your statement is pointless given he's in the easiest ever era for shooting and he's not been tested like others have against far more physical defences that weren't limited like today in how they could defend a player.

All that you need to know about today's NBA is that when they talk about the greatest defenders in the NBA sweet FA of them will be from Stephs era.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
If in 30 minutes you couldn’t find any reference of another person on earth who actually agrees with you then your deflections really aren’t to be bothered with. This is ghastly stuff even by your standards.

What you thought I would go search for something to disprove you?

Why would I need to do that when I've been following the NBA since the early 80s?

I've seen them all play.

I'd rather watch the mastery of Hakeem in the paint than watch Steph jacking up threes. Three ball is ******* trash.

And again you totally ignore the piss easy defensive land that the NBA is today.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Why would I need to do that when I've been following the NBA since the early 80s?
You’ve also apparently been following footy for that long and after almost 15,000 posts are still yet to make a reasonable point about it.

I'd rather watch the mastery of Hakeem in the paint than watch Steph jacking up threes. Three ball is ******* trash.

And again you totally ignore the piss easy defensive land that the NBA is today.
When any player who’s actually played in that era doesn’t think there’s been a better shooter what does that tell you? Your whole tangent of attempting to use rule changes as some sort of proof that other guys were better shooters just because they played in a different era belongs in the bin.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Bostonian Is actually right RE Bird and Miller and Curry, when you consider the 3 Pt line was a lot further out when Larry Legend and Miller played and against a lot tougher opponents.

Don't want to diminish Curry or his achievements/career, but yes all this talk of him being the GOAT shooter is nonsense.

Before my time but I could argue both Jerry West and John Havilchek were better pure shooters tha Curry too.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Bostonian Is actually right RE Bird and Miller and Curry, when you consider the 3 Pt line was a lot further out when Larry Legend and Miller played and against a lot tougher opponents.

Don't want to diminish Curry or his achievements/career, but yes all this talk of him being the GOAT shooter is nonsense.

Before my time but I could argue both Jerry West and John Havilchek were better pure shooters tha Curry too.

EE1F2D3D-CD0D-4183-B1C8-C8C4E87BE7F6.gif

I'm still waiting for you to address the fact that he plays in a time where all the rules are designed to make it easier to score.

It's no secret the NBA has done all it can to make is easy for players to get open and make close checking defence a thing if the past.

How do you think Steph would handle a lot of physical play and hand checking?

Similar to what S Hocking is doing with footy. ALl to stop Richmonds dominance

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You’ve also apparently been following footy for that long and after almost 15,000 posts are still yet to make a reasonable point about it.

When any player who’s actually played in that era doesn’t think there’s been a better shooter what does that tell you? Your whole tangent of attempting to use rule changes as some sort of proof that other guys were better shooters just because they played in a different era belongs in the bin.

You talk this sweeping statement like nobody else has an opinion that no other player is considered the best shooter of all time, which is bullshit as you don't know what every single player's view is.

All I know is the defence of 2021 ain't s**t compared to other eras.

And defence is highly important in the context of how easily and frequently players get shots off.

Being an outstanding shooter in an era where defence was at its peak levels meant you had to be an extraordinary shooter to stand out.

Now you've got all the rules on your side and half arses defenders guarding you.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Who gives a crap about three pointers.

Pull up jump shots are harder than three pointers to shoot and make.

The fact you have some centres hitting threes at a decent clip tells you shooting them isn't that hard of a task in the modern game.

Three pointers, sort of important when talking about shooters.

So Curry shoots 48% from midrange since he became MVP Curry. I'm comfortable in saying that would be as good as any mid range shooter in the history of the league.

All I know is the defence of 2021 ain't sh*t compared to other eras.

I see others have answered all your other crazy, but this was particularly laughable when it comes to 3 point defense.

What's Luc Longley doing to guard Curry on a switch?

Here's Michael Jordan making 6 threes in a half against Portland in the NBA Finals. In the NBA Finals when defense was at it's strongest. What's Curry doing when he's getting defended like that? They aren't even putting their hands up.

They hardly ever defended 3 pointers back in the day. There was no such thing as the flyby

You talk this sweeping statement like nobody else has an opinion that no other player is considered the best shooter of all time, which is bullshit as you don't know what every single player's view is.

All I know is the defence of 2021 ain't sh*t compared to other eras.

And defence is highly important in the context of how easily and frequently players get shots off.

Being an outstanding shooter in an era where defence was at its peak levels meant you had to be an extraordinary shooter to stand out.

Now you've got all the rules on your side and half arses defenders guarding you.
But defence of other eras wouldn’t just be able to be copy and pasted into today’s game. Shooters have increased range, which means defences start higher up and have more space to cover. Far more switching in today’s NBA than the past where you guarded your guy most of the night. I’m willing to bet that if Curry was in a previous era, his team would be laying some filthy screens on his primary defender to free him up which wouldn’t be allowed in today’s game. Great players find a way to get it done regardless of what is thrown at them. Miller, Bird and Curry would be effective in any era.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not sure how you can watch the defense on Larry Bird below and say how hard it would be for Curry shooting threes back in the day. Defenders were 2 meters away from him half the time, and not even putting their hands up some of the time. They wouldn't even pick up players until they were at the 3 point line.

Back