Preview Brisbane Lions v Essendon Bombers, Round 5, Saturday April 17, 7:25 PM, GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Robertson is very unlucky. Really tough, works hard, kicking is a let down, but he has a crack. More than most this year.

Seems like they can’t find a role for him with all our mids healthy and want to play someone who offers more on the outside in Prior or Sharp

Main concern with 3 big forwards (and Charlie who isn't running and tackling) is that they let the opposition run the ball out of 50 too easily, got absolutely smashed in this regard last week.

Main concern with 3 big forwards (and Charlie who isn't running and tackling) is that they let the opposition run the ball out of 50 too easily, got absolutely smashed in this regard last week.

McStay over Fullarton will be an improvement. Need Linc and Charlie to step up in TBerrys absence.

We really should be winning this... on paper anyway. Half their side has played under 50 games(2 for us), over 2 years older on average and 50 games more experience per player on average, would be a bad loss if it happens.

Thanks jivlain for the stats as usual.

Lesters probably been our best one on one defender this year and probably the only one who I don’t think gets lost structurally at the moment. I think he’s been our real leader down there this year, not Andrews. The back 6 has been solid. The pressure up the field has really let them down.

I don't care who we pick we should be winning this game and convincingly.

If we're anywhere near the form of last year.

Obviously they like Prior. Showing more somewhere than what I've seen so far but happy to give him a go because I don't think there's much between 5 or 6 guys for that last spot.

Dev looks to offer a bit more to me. Lester I've never been a real wrap for but you know what you get and it'll be his usual honest performance.

Lesters probably been our best one on one defender this year and probably the only one who I don’t think gets lost structurally at the moment. I think he’s been our real leader down there this year, not Andrews. The back 6 has been solid. The pressure up the field has really let them down.

Except he never plays on the opposition's most dangerous forward (unless Harris Andrews is there to help)

I'd never put Lester on anyone legitimately dangerous but overall he'll do a good job for you as a cog in the wheel.

We seem to have certain players in our team that many people love overrating . Lester isn't the worst of those because he turns up every week and tries really hard.

So?

Only one player can do that.

Never recalled Hodge playing on the oppo’s best forward either, but that’s the role Lester is currently playing.

Hodge was a brilliant distributor and organiser of an inexperienced backline. Lester does nothing particularly well so bringing in someone preferably with some speed could make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge was a brilliant distributor and organiser of an inexperienced backline. Lester does nothing particularly well so bringing in someone preferably with some speed could make a difference.

Why do we need speed? Are you saying we’re too slow?

Bit harsh Jackess. He does some things well on his day. He's looking the most vulnerable one in the current line up since Adams has come back.

I'm sure if we had someone who could defend adequately with a lot of pace and who could kick or lay off passably we'd be playing them in our backline.

Don't see that person on our list at present . Ah Chee is up to it but better used elsewhere.

Seems like your opinion rather than fact. Do you have some stats to back that statement up?

We may of traded Witherden for peanuts but, at least we get to see a 33 year old Birchall turn the ball over and let his opponent walk free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back