Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Shuffle the magnets. Newnes could’ve dropped back as the 7th defender for a week.

I don’t mind Willo I just don’t think he deserves to be picked right now. Hope he can make that spot his own again.

Willo's body of work last year (when he had a good run of injuries) spoke for itself.

He is tough b****** with a chip on his shoulder and plays like it, and exactly who we need for a team like Port.

I am a fan and I heartily endorse his selection 👍👍👍

RudyBlue

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Makes no sense having Dow as the sub.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A12071BD-E88E-43AC-B2D6-B61FFE5DB44D.jpeg

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon Teagues talk of ‘a body of work’ to get into the ones is directed at some of the players who have been playing well in the 2’s like Stocker, encouraging them to keep at it. My gut feel is he gets a game in the next 2-3 weeks, there just making the ‘nearly there’ players earn it.
Hope the MC keeps making changes like this week going forward. I don’t care who plays in the ones tbh, just want 100% effort and commitment for the entire game.

BlueView

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Willo's body of work last year (when he had a good run of injuries) spoke for itself.

He is tough b****** with a chip on his shoulder and plays like it, and exactly who we need for a team like Port.

Maybe I’m being harsh but “tough bastard and Willo” last year don’t go hand in hand, showed promise in his first year but has been less than spectacular.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

He should be picked on what he has done and is doing this season. Doesn’t have the runs on the board to be picked on body of work.

Think this one came down to needs and that’s it. Prove me wrong Willo.

Brackets

Cancelled
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon Teagues talk of ‘a body of work’ to get into the ones is directed at some of the players who have been playing well in the 2’s like Stocker, encouraging them to keep at it. My gut feel is he gets a game in the next 2-3 weeks, there just making the ‘nearly there’ players earn it.
Hope the MC keeps making changes like this week going forward. I don’t care who plays in the ones tbh, just want 100% effort and commitment for the entire game.
It was a poor suggestion of needing at least 4 weeks of good form though given the changes.

ETET

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe I’m being harsh but “tough bastard and Willo” last year don’t go hand in hand, showed promise in his first year but has been less than spectacular.
Parks and Cottrell are examples if you concentrate on/then complete the basics then you become trust worthy for your team mates/coaches.

Setters and Willo lost their spots partly because they did not get the basics done. Compete, split 1on1’s ,don’t be pushed around in the contest, be hard to play against when the ball is in dispute.

I was a big fan of Willo but lost trust he could complete the basics through the first few games of 2021. No matter how good your left peg or your handball or your running ability if you cannot get the contested part right you will be a risk.

I look forward to Willo proving this week that he can complete the basics all game, more so than seeing him kicking 60 foot left footers out of the back line.

no fate

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Seriously happy with the changes! Shows Teague and the MC ARE capable of throwing down the gauntlet after all.

Don't worry about Dow and Setters, they'll be fine, a run in the twos for a couple should do them both good. Up to them to force their way back in now.

Kennedy had to be rewarded for his efforts and will do well tomorrow, Port have a tough team and his physical presence mid/forward will help. Hope too see him string a few good ones together thereafter too, but let's see. I'm sure he knows what he has to do, now down to him...

No more injuries please and most importantly a blues win. Then for the first time in ages we can all get excited! Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back