Preview Changes vs Collingwood, Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profile bets.

The dick measuring contest of the internet.
You can keep your av and all that but instead of you not posting Vardy propaganda for a month, how about you aren’t allowed to do it until he records more than 5 disposals and 5 hitouts in an AFL match?

Could be longer than a month, could be less but given how confident you are in his ability you should come out a winner regardless.
I’m more so trying to do the board a favour and halt the Vardy-posting

Cole is not that fast, just ask Stephenson.

Rotham has more pace.

1/2 back is such a launching pad in the modern game and Cole unfortunately, wouldn't be playing half back for Tigers, Saints, Port, Bullies or Lions.

Couldn't see GC slipping him in over Oleg Markov (having a cracking year) or Jack Lukosius.

Even Carlton have Sam Docherty and Adam Saad at 1/2 back and pretty positive they are not looking at us and saying "we wish we had Cole".

Saying he hasn't come on since 2018 is very fair.
We play cole as a negating defender usually on a dangerous small forward .

Rotham has got more pace sure but rotham has more pace than 95% of our players .

You are comparing cole to rebounding defenders and he is not one .

Apart from 2 goals from Stevenson in the first 10mins cole owned him for the rest of the GF .

You can keep your av and all that but instead of you not posting Vardy propaganda for a month, how about you aren’t allowed to do it until he records more than 5 disposals and 5 hitouts in an AFL match?

Could be longer than a month, could be less but given how confident you are in his ability you should come out a winner regardless.
I’m more so trying to do the board a favour and halt the Vardy-posting

Actually, forget the bet. The cost of not being able to post Vardy related content is a bridge too far for me. I am supremely confident in Vards, but any duration of time where I can’t enlighten the board about Vardy is too much for me to bear.

This actually tells me that I need to post even more about VardGod, because the current ratio I’m going at doesn’t seem to be convincing people.

Don't know about you all, but the defending of players that are well past it, or not up to it at all, because you are their sponsor - its a little annoying.

Amusing at first, gets a wee bit tiresome after awhile.

Don't know about you all, but the defending of players that are well past it, or not up to it at all, because you are their sponsor - its a little annoying.

Amusing at first, gets a wee bit tiresome after awhile.
Eh, without wanting to go full St Kilda mod, there's so much unnecessary and excessive negativity in this place sometimes that I don't mind having a few people play devils advocate for the whipping boys even if the reason for it is pretty arbitrary.

Eh, without wanting to go full St Kilda mod, there's so much unnecessary and excessive negativity in this place sometimes that I don't mind having a few people play devils advocate for the whipping boys even if the reason for it is pretty arbitrary.
Sauce

I don’t understand why you bring Winder in for a game and then drop him straight away. He may not have set the world on fire but he did score a goal and should be given time to get used to the higher level.

I reckon he looked a fair way off it, but no one expected him to contribute much this early in his career. It was still a good idea for his develppment to give him a taste though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you do realise that Simmo is just one member of the selection committee and he doesnt have the over all say

You are 100% correct. The janitor currently has equal say at MC alongside Simmo. Give me a break mate stop defending a head coach until you actually understand the Job description of a Head coach and their KPIs. Good and bad outcomes starts and finishes with the coach.

You are 100% correct. The janitor currently has equal say at MC alongside Simmo. Give me a break mate stop defending a head coach until you actually understand the Job description of a Head coach and their KPIs. Good and bad outcomes starts and finishes with the coach.
So you would have fired Dimma after 2016?

Cole hasn't come on ?
He had his best season last year . Had to move to the wing at times during our 5 games in 19days and even kicked a couple of snags . Also did a solid job in defence

Although he hasn't set the world on fire this year he is the only medium defender who has the pace to go with small forwards bar shep who is 30 .

Not sure how Cole fits in this side going fwd.

there is a difference between outliers and trends.
Maybe if you're talking about a coach with no success but in this case we're not.

Many criticised Richmond for firing most of their assistants at the end of 2016 and keeping Hardwick. The results of that shows that the coach isn't the be all and end all. The mix of guys underneath is incredibly important, even though as supporters we don't see their influence as much. I don't know if our mix is right at the moment but you said the outcomes start and end with the head coach and they clearly don't, unless you like taking an overly simplistic view of things.

Maybe if you're talking about a coach with no success but in this case we're not.

Many criticised Richmond for firing most of their assistants at the end of 2016 and keeping Hardwick. The results of that shows that the coach isn't the be all and end all. The mix of guys underneath is incredibly important, even though as supporters we don't see their influence as much. I don't know if our mix is right at the moment but you said the outcomes start and end with the head coach and they clearly don't, unless you like taking an overly simplistic view of things.
buck.stops.with.coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back